U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Instructors advice

Go down 
+9
devilman mcf
Dean
James Green
terryackers
the machine
bulldog
david horne
NickHall
julien Cini
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

Instructors advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jan - 21:00

david horne wrote:
Nick,
There are many parts to the complete hand strength package, so it's a tough question to answer quickly. I could list a couple of hundred exercises.

But I'd say that cupping strength and wrist strength could be the most important.

I'd say that the plateloader can be too easy to cheat on.

Hand Grippers are fine for crushing strength, but it's best to use the Vulcan Hand Gripper, as this is adjustable, and you can micro load with rubber bands.

Maybe it would be useful to set up a time and I could answer questions in the Chat Room.

David

Hi David,

If you're going to be there on Saturday in London can you bring an Orbi grip please as I would like to buy one.
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jan - 21:03

James Green wrote:
When training your hit, do you put a time limit for the pin. eg. if it takes longer than a second to hit the pad (or complete the move) would you say the weight is too heavy.

Only do hit training at the end of a session when you're completely warmed up! It's dangerous on the tendons. I do it against somones arm with no power at the end of a session until I can't do anymore! Have a ref at the side calling 'ready go' so that it will also train your listening skills!
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jan - 21:39

Steve, don't forget that we also sometimes use a powerlifting band as resisitance.
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jan - 21:42

Dan wrote:
Steve, don't forget that we also sometimes use a powerlifting band as resisitance.

For speed/hit training?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jan - 0:17

I just shove the bags straight into the car m8, maybe i should walk home with them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jan - 0:55

Dean wrote:
yeh mark , every friday night i rep out with 6 full tesco carrier bags attached to it.. its gota help a bit !!

hahahah i do this too
Back to top Go down
*ANGIE*
Gold member
Gold member
*ANGIE*

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jan - 7:50

Mark doesn't do carrier bags, more like ps controller in 1 hand
stella artois in the other Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jan - 9:43

lol! It's a great workout for the thumbs though. Laughing Laughing afro
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jan - 17:10

Dean wrote:
yeh mark , every friday night i rep out with 6 full tesco carrier bags attached to it.. its gota help a bit !!

And that's just your cookies and cakes. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instructors advice   Instructors advice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Instructors advice
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2