U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi everyone, need some advice pls !

Go down 
+2
david harrison
JohnPuller
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnPuller
JohnPuller

Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyWed 28 Sep - 12:49

Hello everybody, Im new to armwrestling, but Im in love in it so much, I cant stop thinking about it, about training, about tournaments, about everything. Smile

I train 3 times a week in gym, weight lifting, specialy focusing on biceps strength, forearm, hand, lats and all other excercises I found on you tube for arm wrestling.
And I arm wrestle with friends on sundays, I think Im verry good for beggining, I've learned hook, toproll and shoulder press somewhat ok, and know about backpressure, so Im trying my best really really much.

So I got only one question if thats ok with you guys, Ive been armwrestling really hard with few friends ( they pull with 2 hands my 1 arm ) and now my tendons in elbow hurt like hell...I cant armwrestle at all !
Im really sad about it, what to do? How can I strenghten them ? I want to do all I can about it to be the best I can. Smile

Pls help me...it would mean alot to me !! tnx ! Smile
Back to top Go down
david harrison
pro
pro
david harrison

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyWed 28 Sep - 13:13

Hi mate welcome iv only bin doing it a bount a year and half my self but the elbow pain is part of it till it conditions u train hard like y are takes a good 8 to 10 mouths to get it so it don't Hert so much once twice a week on the table time and the gym work should just be light for blood flow just to heel the arms but every thing else off the arms do wot u like but I'm going to have to say lots of rest don't do to much on them arm cuz at this stage the more u do u will go backwards it's cuz it's not us mussels it's ya tendons and lay take a long time to heel wen u damage them but your not alone every guy in the sport as had them and still get them now after comps and hard pulls cuz all ya tendons join to the elbow focus on hand and wrist cuz it plays a big part if ya have no hand and wrist u have no arm feel free to ask any thing the guys on her all no more or if not the same good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JohnPuller
JohnPuller

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyWed 28 Sep - 14:01

Tnx David...Smile

Ok, Ive read that I need rest, but Its just hard bcuz I want to be better and better, but I guess the rest is part of arm wrestling too...Smile

I will see if I can do gym as much as I can without pain it would be good, if not, il just do light weights then...

If someone else has idea how to speed up the proces of healing tendonds, pls say Smile)
Back to top Go down
pawel
Gold member
Gold member
pawel

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyWed 28 Sep - 15:23

you must rest, (probably one month....) - not practice on table

you must pumping blood:
make with rubber band supination and pronation much much reps (50)
and much much reps triceps push-up
and biceps chin-up

Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyWed 28 Sep - 17:32

take your time dont rush armwrestling strength & tendons takes a long time to build up...

are you training at a club Question

plus are you pushing side ways alot Question

are you in the uk Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
JohnPuller
JohnPuller

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyWed 28 Sep - 19:54

I am in Serbia, not UK, and no, im not training in club, bcuz there isnt any around here Sad
But Im doing my best with learning technique over the you tube and practice on many people here Smile

Tnx for your help guys, you really suprised me with fast and hearty answers. Smile

I will try then to rest without arm wrestling at least a month, only gym, and blood pumping.
Cant wait to pull again Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyThu 29 Sep - 9:00

Nick asked you a very important question m8, '"Are you pushing sideways".
Or doing any type of pushing when arm wrestling?
When arm wrestling your arms are desingned to pull, not push and if your doing this, not only
could you develop a serious injury in your elbow or the area where the Pronator Teres muscle is located
but you could end your chances of arm wresltling ever again.
Back to top Go down
JohnPuller
JohnPuller

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyThu 29 Sep - 11:00

Oh, I know what do you think, well at first I was pushing in side, but as more as I learn, I try to pull, like in hook technique with biceps and body...But I dont think thats very good what Im doing...

And I didnt know that side pressure is that dangerous. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyThu 29 Sep - 22:21

It's likely the pushing has caused the injury m8, consentrate on pulling and getting your lats, biceps and forearms stronger.
Use these muscles together to try and extend your opponents arm and let your body move towards the pad NOT your arm.
Back to top Go down
JohnPuller
JohnPuller

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyFri 30 Sep - 7:06

Ok, I got it...Thank you Mark. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyFri 30 Sep - 8:45

Also John if your pulling people with 1 arm against 2, them and you are more than likely putting massive side pressure on causing damage to your elbow joint.
If this is the case try to use your arm in a more natural movement and tell your opponent the same by pulling towards them rather than sideways and if you get in a bad position just let it go cos it's not worth getting injured over.
It's a good way to train if you are so much stronger than your opponent as long as it's done correctly and you limit yourself to doing this around once every 6 weeks makeing sure you are fully healed for the next time you do it.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
JohnPuller
JohnPuller

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyFri 30 Sep - 9:31

Ok, I never before trained for arm wrestle and thought that, MORE is BETTER, but as I see, I need rest, and table time MAX once per week. Tnx guys, I will give my best all the time, but this rest time is killing me, I want to train all the time. Razz

There is amateur tournament in may here, I hope Il be ready until then, it will be 7,8 months how I train til' then...If I dont have tendon problems at the tournament I will give my best. Smile

Im 185 cm and 88 kg...thats about 210 pounds I think.

Thank you again guys for your help !
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyFri 30 Sep - 19:26

Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyFri 30 Sep - 19:30

Back to top Go down
JohnPuller
JohnPuller

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptyFri 30 Sep - 22:37

yea I see, PULL back and in corner, NOT push a side Very Happy

Nice demo, tnx Nick.
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! EmptySat 1 Oct - 16:13

Take it steady, build up slowly and rest enough to let tendons heal. training on a pulley system or against some bands is great and fairly safe.

some kind of wrist roller or rotation (with little or no weight) good for elbow rehab, like the others say, get a good pump with loads of blood flow.

check out devon larretts in the hook site too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone, need some advice pls !   Hi everyone, need some advice pls ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone, need some advice pls !
Page 1 of 1