U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Amateur need advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darden

Amateur need advice Empty
PostSubject: Amateur need advice   Amateur need advice EmptyTue 9 Jun - 11:15

Hello everyone!

I am from Bosnia.Love strength sports.Very interested in armwrestling, most of you i watched on eurosport.

I am planning and preparing myself to go on one regional amateur competition.It is called something like labours olympics, there will be thousands people.
Here (under complex of Dinaride mountains) people are strong and big by nature, and they are still working hard with theire hands,
on this competition will be many of those who weight btw 150- 210kg.
I am not big guy,my bw is 85kg on 181cm,plus most of weight is in lower body part,
if there will be pins for which i could grab with free hand it would be litlle easyer for me and fair,but here they keep free hand on their head or behind back and they do it seated,
Amateur need advice SEOSKA_OLIMPIJADA_POSUSJE-2Thumbnail

Beside my lower bodyweight how much this will be negative factor when compete with man who is 60-100kg heavier then me?
Do you have any advice what to do/train to keep my position on table solid and how to fix my legs to strengthen my position?

Also i want to say that i am pretty confident in my hand strength( due to weight training),and that i can pull with anyone.
I beat easy some 20-30kg heavier people who work with hands.Mostly with hook. toproll i don't think i know properly how to use and hook fits me relly good.But these guys are too heavy.

I am relly interested in you're opinion about this and how my chances are.
What kind of technique should i try with hook,
should i pull them with my biceps to myself, fast attack, sidepreassure???

p.s.
don't have someone to train with armwrestling.

Thank you for you're time.
Back to top Go down
Darden

PostSubject: Re: Amateur need advice   Amateur need advice EmptyTue 9 Jun - 13:53

I forget to say, someone could misunderstand,
These guys against who i am going to compete are not profesionals(there is no clubs or profesionals in my country or neighbour countries),some of them maybe know something about technique, but most of them don't.And they probablly do not train with weights,they like to say for themselfs that they have natural God gifted strength.Some of them maybe train in gym but certainlly do not know what to train and how.
There i see my chance, because i am involved in elbow,wrist and hand training for some time and have some good numbers in some exercises.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Amateur need advice   Amateur need advice EmptyTue 9 Jun - 19:25

hello dared

i would go for the back pressure move the top roll attack there finger's & it would be better on a waf table stood up.
have look on Nick Hall and Chris Murphy demonstrate the TOPROLL technique.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Darden

PostSubject: Re: Amateur need advice   Amateur need advice EmptyTue 9 Jun - 22:12

Thanks Nick for you're answer.
I checked that top roll technique, not bad, but i allready decided that main one will be hook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateur need advice   Amateur need advice EmptyThu 29 Oct - 11:25

I find this fascinating although i would ONLY compete standing up. Nick if these guys are as novice as Dared says and his heart is set on using a hook, don't you think he should use his lats more. Trying to drag his opponents arm towards himself as opposed to using side pressure? afro
Back to top Go down
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: Amateur need advice   Amateur need advice EmptyThu 29 Oct - 11:32

think u shud take nics advise u r gona need shit loads of strenght to beat a guy at 100kg in the hook sat down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amateur need advice   Amateur need advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Amateur need advice
Page 1 of 1