U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Training side pressure

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

Training side pressure Empty
PostSubject: Training side pressure   Training side pressure EmptySun 6 Jan - 19:05

From Engin Terzi (copied from John-Engin Armwrestling facebook page)

once a week is good without pushing your limits(no 1 rep record tryings but between 3 to 10 reps).

no hitting.

if what you are pressing is not coming from your front way but from your side then keep your elbow in the air (do not put on a table -to avoid a possible injury).if coming from your front (by high angled cable) then you can put your elbow on table.

do not force your shoulder move to somewhere that your hand does not go.shoulder should be behind the hand all the time (at least parellel).

if using something like rubber then it is better to press not 100% offense but apply about 90% pressure and get shaping by being solid in control.

best way to train side pressure for me is applying constant side pressure and curling on two hands that let me apply what i have.

strong static arm angles+solid rotator+handling power&solidness of wrist are the keys for an affective side pressure(to be able to use and progress).

i train my back and side pressures separately,then during the table trainings i co ordinate them by applying back pressure followed by the side pressure.if you are experienced enough to apply back pressure before the go and if you are strong enough then you can always be the faster one (if you are not a turtle in your head), because smart built strength is what all matters.
Back to top Go down

Training side pressure
Page 1 of 1