U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

pull ups.............

Go down 
+4
obk
stuart hall
jimmy savel
NickHall
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

pull ups............. Empty
PostSubject: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptySat 3 Jan - 20:26

do any of you do pull ups in your training Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyMon 5 Jan - 12:11

at one time they was a massive part of my training but now i have a machine that works the armwrestling postion better,but if you havent got that luxery then pull up pull up pull up cheers
Back to top Go down
stuart hall
pro
pro
stuart hall

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyMon 5 Jan - 21:12

pull ups & rope climbing i do.
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 7 Jan - 21:03

Just started adding them to my workout after reading Paul saying that they helped him. 3 times a week at the moment although its not easy pulling up 130 kgs
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 7 Jan - 21:07

is that with weights added on Question
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyThu 8 Jan - 1:02

OBK is that on round bars???
my fav is flat wood nasty for the figers but builds stuid hand control
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyTue 13 Jan - 22:57

I do round bars at the gym but I am using fingertips and then the flat of my hand on wood on a sunday.

Finding that it is starting to give me sore elbows but I am going to keep motoring away.

Nick - thats just my weight, a bit of Christmas excess in there, I usually sit around the 127kg mark.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 14 Jan - 17:58

ok owen....
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 14 Jan - 18:11

I wonder if it in theory harder for a heavier man to do pull ups than a lighter man ? given that a heavier man will be naturally stronger..
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 14 Jan - 20:42

Dean wrote:
I wonder if it in theory harder for a heavier man to do pull ups than a lighter man ? given that a heavier man will be naturally stronger..

I found pull ups hard to start with just the same as i found any weights hard to begin with, luckily you build some good strength when hauling over 100kg up to get your chin over a bar, now as my weight comes down they're getting even easier and i need to add weight to replicate how hard it used to be. For me to be pound for pound as strong as a 65kg guy who adds 70kg to his pull up would require me to add 110kg to mine so i don't think that a heavier man would be naturally stronger, pound for pound. scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
James Green
pro
pro
James Green

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyTue 20 Jan - 16:58

How many pull ups would you do before deciding it's time to add extra weight. Also how many sets.
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyTue 20 Jan - 22:23

A good bet is if you can do more than 10 straight full reps then it's time to start adding weight, At that moment your biceps are too strong if that's possible and it has become too easy.
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 21 Jan - 10:18

62 half reps slow and controlled body weight of 105kg not done any for months either rabbit
Back to top Go down
James Green
pro
pro
James Green

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 21 Jan - 12:56

Thanks for replies - Paul are the 62 reps all at one go, if so very impressive. So would you do sets or just go for maximum in one set.
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 21 Jan - 17:25

Hi James
all i one go buddy its a exercise i was always good at tbh,when i did them with the bandit twice a week i could do them for fun about 100 reps weighing 107kg i find them very easy my best was weighing 155kg with weight added to a belt around my neck i did 30 reps,i usedf to do 3 sets each of flat and round bar pullups and 2 sets static of each twice a week,now i have a machine that is better i use 170kg for that...
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyWed 21 Jan - 17:26

thats free weight not pully weights
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptyThu 22 Jan - 19:59

i have seen paul, baz & charlie twig doing pull up's & they do them with ease Arrow i just stood there watching Shocked
Back to top Go down
The Journey Man
Gold member
Gold member
The Journey Man

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. EmptySat 24 Jan - 17:53

very good paul .murray stephen is very good at pull ups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pull ups.............   pull ups............. Empty

Back to top Go down

pull ups.............
Page 1 of 1