U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Training wrists

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

Training wrists Empty
PostSubject: Training wrists   Training wrists EmptySun 6 Jan - 19:00

From Engin Terzi (copied from Armwrestling John-Engin Facebook page)

i believe that the best angle to train the wrist in a static way (other than armwrestling) is the beginning position of the armwrestling match.because we can not curl something without having control of it.so in my opinion the beginning solidness is what we need to built as a static training.i always cared about my wrist being solid at the beginning position of the armwrestling match and never continued any armwrestling training match once my wrist was bent back.with time this helped me to shorten my wrist flexor tendon and built a strong static solidness.

if i do wrist curls with a dumbell i use a thick handle but not too thick that causes me to not to be able to push my limits in weight wise.to build this outer wrist solidness i slowly let the dumbell roll down until my wrist gets straight,then hold the weight there for about 2 seconds,and then curl it up.i usually use between 6-8 reps but because of those pauses the sets are completed in a time that someone can do curling about 10-15 reps.

i also believe that the handling solidness of the fingers as a roof helps our wrist to receive less pressure.because if the fingers are very solid at where they locate the hand then wrist can control the pressure,but if the fingers are not solid enough then the pressure gets farer from the control of the wrist and this creates a pressure on the wrist usually more than it can handle.for this i do static flat wood pull ups,which really puts an incredible pressure on where fingers locate to the hand,and also to my inner and outer wrist.

i always believed that our front wrist needs to be very solid and this solidness will help our general wrist control.a solid front wrist will reduce your opponents forearm control over your wrist.a strong finger dominance over the front wrist one of the main reasons of a wrist being toprolled.

i train my front wrist with and without the support of my inner forearm muscles.holding a thich handled dumbell which has weight only at it's one side is the one that you train your front wrist solidness by using your inner forearm muscles.it really builds a solid hand control.hanging a rope on your front wrist and holding it at a static hammer position while not closing your fingers is also a good front wrist training,without using your hand strength.

all these are assistant trainings for a solid wrist,to help it's performance during armwrestling.i suggest anyone who wants to have a very solid wrist,to be fresh&rested well when go to table practice,because armwrestling is the best way to train the wrist.esspecially if you want to have a good hand control then there is nothing like armwrestling.
19 minutes ago ยท Unlike

Back to top Go down

Training wrists
Page 1 of 1