U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why do new guys never come back again?

Go down 
+5
*ANGIE*
wiSë™
joanne
dan
Steve Kirlew
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov - 14:46

Easy Guys Wink

Mark & Andy are both big lads and without speaking for Andy (as he is quite capable of doing that for himself) I can tell everyone that it is all water off a ducks back to him, simply shits and giggles.

At training the other night he simply said of Mark when asked about the situation by other lads at the shop "fair play he is keen" then carried on lifting.

I have no issue with either man whatsoever and if I did they would be well aware of that without anything being written on a message forum.

I don't wanna get involved in this in any way and will leave Andy & Mark to sort out any issues that they might have (not that I think there is anything really is there !? they don't really know each other for f*cks sake or not as far as I am aware !?)

Thanks for the recognition as always JoJo your a little Honey and Mrs. God of War is correct about my lack of motivation to be drawn into anyone else's pissing contest.............and with that..................I'M OFF !!! Laughing Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov - 14:55

NOW IAM SPEAKING AND ALL SHOULD LISTEN only joking Smile

I like most like a little debate or the odd forum scuffle almost as much as a back scuttle lol!
but i also no when to let things go and this needling what has gone on over the last week or so needs to end really it getting to the point were a healthy debate/little dig/bollocks has gone to the sewers...

i like Marks posts old or new,i also like Jo Andys Neils and Dans etc etc etc but sometimes we have to agree to disagree and i think itas time to do that so if you you have respect for me and the rest of the forum lets call it a day please guys,

dont make me go get Alan Greaves Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov - 15:04

haha only for u paul I love you haha i have no problem u know me Very Happy:D see ya soon
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
*ANGIE*
Gold member
Gold member
*ANGIE*

PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov - 15:39

cheers cheers cheers cheers Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov - 15:44

Neil and Paul, well said.
It's because of the respect for you guys i'm glad to let this go.
Andy and myself should harbour no further grievance. afro
Back to top Go down
paul mortimer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov - 16:31

i think steve is spot on,when i first started last december the pain was unbelievable but i new that it would go in time if i just carried on despite the toothache pain lol,also for me i want to be as strong as these guys or stronger so i didnt care bout the pain,i knew i just had to get the first few months outa the way,but it did interfear wif my manuel job on quite a few occassions lol,maybe dont let new guys pull for more than 10 mins an arm to start wif they will thank you in the morning,but i think pain is alot of the reason why guys and gals quit
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov - 16:41

Thankyou Guys.....

Mr Barker i no its not your way but atleast a tiny response like a wink would nice Very Happy

Paul i had that bastard pain till about 2 years ago ha i remember training with pete white in the early days sun and wed and had it every session without fail i think my tendons just took longer to get used to the arkward postions there were put in plus that will to win every pull till Neil and the boys taught me to lose but learn doing so....

flower
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov - 19:52

Ive only been in the sport for around 2 years but I already have seen so many guys come and go through the doors of our club. Its hard to bear at times when you see some guys that are exceptionally strong or just seem to be able to pick up the technique quickly but I think the main issue is the pain.

No matter how much you restrain them or give them advice the testosterone kicks up a level and they dont want to quit, they just want to push on, then you never see them again. Its either either that or it tends to interfere with peoples training, the pain wont allow someone to train like they normally do and this can be off putting. I remember some of the journeys home when I first started training where I had to pull over to be sick, couldnt drive properly and only trained on my armwrestling days but to me its like a drug. I think that if people give it time they will see what the sport is really all about. Its now in my blood and I dont think that I will ever stop, I just want to get better and hopefully one day be british champ and then onwards from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do new guys never come back again?   Why do new guys never come back again? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do new guys never come back again?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2