U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ryan Espey armwrestling training

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

Ryan Espey armwrestling training Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training EmptyTue 22 Sep - 18:00

Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training EmptyTue 22 Sep - 19:39

I've noticed a lot of pullers don't fully extend their arms when weight traning. I understand this method of traning helps strengthen tendons, but would you apply it to all weight traning. afro
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training EmptyTue 22 Sep - 22:56

It's really only necessary if you require strength in a specific range of movement, so for armwrestling you want to be strong in the range you use on the table, however if you are looking for complete development of the muscle it's best to use full rage of motion. I try to do a bit of both, when i get down to 85 i'll train to gain muscle with a full range of motion but adding in short range heavy work to add strength to the new muscle fibres, giving me bigger, stronger muscles.
The best advice I can give is find what works for you and stay with it, just change things up every now and then to keep the body guessing.
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training EmptyWed 23 Sep - 0:34

Light full curls to heal,bouncing static to build and armwrestle to be good at it study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training EmptyWed 23 Sep - 0:48

Thanks guys. Paul there's one point i'm not certain about though. scratch In your reply you said that bouncing is an effective way to incorporate weights in your training. I fully understand the benefits of static holds but i've always been taught not to bounce when doing any form of streching or training because it can damage muscles, tendons and ligaments. What's your thoughts on this Question Question afro
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training EmptyWed 23 Sep - 13:11

Hi Mark
Well that may be true but in armwrestling during your hit your arm will open no matter how strong your lock is so i simualate armwrestling as i do in all my armwrestling training,by bouncing i mean holding a weight in a static postion then using my legs i squat medium speed down then rise as fast as possible this causes great force in the armwrestling postion and thus not only creates a great lock but hit as well study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training EmptyWed 23 Sep - 15:01

Ahhhhhhhhhh, i understand. So your not actually bouncing your arm, your trying to keep your static hold in place while the force caused with standing fast immediately after going into the squat position is jolting the weight down? Idea lol! afro
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training EmptyWed 23 Sep - 15:17

the best way to train weights FOR armwrestling is all short movements "power curls" training arms from a 90 degree angle and up thats all that is need to armwrestle and you can lift heavy and stamina builds
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Espey armwrestling training   Ryan Espey armwrestling training Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Espey armwrestling training
Page 1 of 1