U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte

Go down 
+2
joanne
NickHall
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte Empty
PostSubject: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 22 Apr - 20:32

Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 10:26

Great pull between Ali and Matthias, worth a watch before it disappears. lol! I got one question about Matthias. Isn't this a disability? Does he wrestle in the disabled league? afro
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 17:39

it is in a way but for armwrestling it is actually quit a bonus! and no he doesnt enter in disableds
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 18:14

It's definitely an advantage, but with any other sports organisation , the athlete wouldn't be the one who determines which league they should participate in, it's the governing body. afro
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 20:32

One of the reasons i love armwrestling, no discrimination of physical abilities, there were a lot of guys who pulled disabled at the Worlds that also came top 20 or 10 in the seniors.
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 20:44

surreyce from turkey is disabled and senior world champion before....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 21:29

It's all good and well saying there's no discrimination in arm wrestling, for that very reason there's a disabled league. If the world organisers saw the need to create a disabled league because they don't discriminate, then they obviously expexcted individuals with disabilitys to enter the disabled league. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 21:35

The same principle would still apply to a novice or world champion. Otherwise, if what your suggesting is that because the sport doesn't discriminate, those with a disability should be able to participate in the regular league, then really the disabled league should never have been set up. It serves no REAL purpose. afro
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 22:47

I think that it will depend on the level of a persons disability, someone who is disabled may prefer to wrestle against someone with a similar disability or against someone who has no disability. I would imagine that is why it has been set up, to allow someone with a disability to choose against who and where they would like to compete.

Mark - look at Donald, the guy only has 1 leg so could be considered disabled but he is as strong as an ox and it doesnt affect him armwrestling with his right arm - I certainly would not consider him disabled nor do I think that he should compete in a disabled league.
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 22:50

not at all....IMO - disabled classes were made so everyone could compete if u see at a championships disabled classes are sat down due to the fact that in armwrestling and on average disablities occur in the legs... it is not discrimination it is fair play for the sport..why would you say that...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 23:15

I never heard the biggest lot of s*** in my life. In no sport in the world does the competitor determine this discipline. As for Donald, he got his injury in an accident, it's not a birth defect. Remember 1 more thing, it's called 'arm wrestling', not leg wrestling.
As for you Jo, you can't believe i said what Question Question
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 23:26

Disability does not need to be a birth defect!!!!! If you have lost a leg or any other major limb then I am sure that you are classed as having a disability.

Definition of Disabled - a disabled person is someone who has a physical or mental impairment.

Are you saying that only a disability in the arm should put you in a disabled class and why is what I have written a pile of ****?

There are also examples even in main stream sports where competitors choose whether they compete in a disabled class or not. The main one that springs to mind is the guy who runs with the bottom of his legs missing.
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyTue 6 Oct - 23:37

any disability can effect you in training for example matthias do u think he can train equaly on barbells bench rope climbing and other things which involve both arms and leg disibilities cardio indurance training full body strength dead lifts ect the story goes on.... i think it is wrong for you to say that there should be no class when being disabled limits you BIG time in many things not just 1 arm on a table
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 0:31

Owen, the athlete your talking about wasn't given that choice. it was determined for him which class he could compete in. If i remember correctly his view was that he would compete in in any class, however the decision wasn't made by him, it was made by the governing body. Simply because he caused too much controversy with the regular athletes, them believing he had an unfair advantage.
As for what's s***. It's simple, the organisers have made an allowance for those with a disabilitys related to arm wrestling when those with a disability can still compete in the regular league. Simply put, why have the disabled league? Why not just let all compete against one another. afro
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 0:36

God of War wrote:
Simply put, why have the disabled league? Why not just let all compete against one another. afro

Simply because, some people don't have the legs to stand on to compete in the regular league which wrestles standing up. I guess the organisers don't want to get into hot water determining the "amount" someone is disabled, hence the disabled class which you can only enter if you are disabled, then you get to wrestle sitting down.

The other point is the main class is called "the open" meaning all and anyone from any class, senior, grand master, novice, disabled can enter, so conceivably you could win both the disabled class and open.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 0:44

Don't get me wrong Jo, i agree a disability can restrict the progress of an individual just as much as it can benefit them but you seem to be missing the point i was making. WHY HAVE THE DISABLED CLASS WHEN THEY ARE ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN THE REGULAR CLASS? What you've implied is twisted. You think i'm saying there shouldn't be a disabled class when i simply asked the question "Isn't it a disability that Matthias has and if so, why does he not compete in the disabled league?" afro
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 0:47

As proven by Surreye From Turkey.... maybe once u have travelled to a competition where they do this league you will understand a bit more... and for your point it is a choice only " 3 of 10" APOX will go up and enter the open classes thats like saying hwy have juniors when they can all go into the opens..... thats the way it is.. everyone no matter age sex or disability has a chance and a fair one of that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 0:50

Thanks Leon, that's the logical answer i was looking for when i asked the question. Not anyone's personal thoughts of what they think disabled is or isn't. Youre very perceptive. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 1:00

Jo all this nonsense started with a simple question and all it needed was a simple answer. Leon gave me the answer. Owen and yourself simply wanted to debate the question, that's a sure way of never getting the answer. afro
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 1:16

God of War wrote:
Thanks Leon, that's the logical answer i was looking for when i asked the question. Not anyone's personal thoughts of what they think disabled is or isn't. Youre very perceptive. afro

I try sunny

As far as I understand it (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here), anyone can enter a class "under" their class, which is why a guy of 66 could conceivably enter senior grandmaster, grandmaster, senior and open. And if he was disabled too, maybe that class!

Last edited by Leon on Wed 7 Oct - 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*ANGIE*
Gold member
Gold member
*ANGIE*

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 8:15

cheers cheers cheers Thankyou Leon , eventually the answer to the question that Mark asked , just goes to show how such a simple question can be turned around and made to mean something else ie: that he says there shouldn't be a disabled class , he asked for an answer to a question and now he has it . So if other people want to debate more then post there own topic . Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 13:12

leon seniors can not enter a masters class or above the master and so up are made for older guys juniors can enter junior and senior a master can enter all except junior and disabled i was not arguing this is a forum where u share your opinion and that was mine to be shared, i apologies if i got the wrong end of the stick but that was how i read it...
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 13:44

the hit woman wrote:
leon seniors can not enter a masters class or above the master and so up are made for older guys juniors can enter junior and senior a master can enter all except junior and disabled i was not arguing this is a forum where u share your opinion and that was mine to be shared, i apologies if i got the wrong end of the stick but that was how i read it...

I think Dave Hicks won senior grandmaster and grandmaster this year. Alan Greaves entered the masters and also the open. So are you saying anyone in the grandmasters can't enter the masters or open?
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 14:32

no if your under the age of 40 you can not go up into the masters....... but....People over the age of 40 can go down into the seniors
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte EmptyWed 7 Oct - 15:15

the hit woman wrote:
no if your under the age of 40 you can not go up into the masters....... but....People over the age of 40 can go down into the seniors

If you read my posts that's basically what I was saying in the first place, you can enter a class UNDER your age, so older guys can go into the open etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte   eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte Empty

Back to top Go down

eurosport_ali khan vs matthias schlitte
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next