U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wrestling VS Weight Training

Go down 
+3
terryackers
dan
daz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
daz
Valued member
Valued member
daz

Wrestling VS Weight Training Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptyTue 5 Aug - 22:34

Do people weight train as much as they wrestle i.e train 2 days a week and wrestle 2 days a week ?

Is it perhaps best to train alternately - weekly training session followed by weekly wrestling within your club?
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptyWed 6 Aug - 10:55

A very good question Daz, i like to train with weight's 4 times a week, arm wrestle once and rest for two days, it has been said that you should concentrate on developing technique first, which i agree with but i feel that without strength you can't hope to implement the technique you have learned.
I have the following routine,
Tuesady- Armwrestling,
Wednesday- Sat, Weight training,
Sun-Mon, Rest
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptyWed 6 Aug - 16:27

i think now that i now in my head were i need to be strong i easy off on the arm wrestling and train more as arm wrestling to much can slow training down.
Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptySun 10 Aug - 10:14

armwrestling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptySun 10 Aug - 16:54

never did any weight training for the first 6 year i just wrestle and i won the british 2002 with just wrestling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptySun 10 Aug - 20:20

weight training is still very good neil or ste would not of won the worlds with out weight training - i agree at the start to be a good arm wrestler u must pull - but if you want to be a great arm wrestler u must also train hard with weights.

eg - wayne rooney is a great football player and as got good by playing football - but to be were he is now he has a maintain his fitness with training to assist him and help him be a great player.
Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com
stuart hall
pro
pro
stuart hall

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptyFri 12 Sep - 14:24

cyclops ARMWRESTLING cyclops
Back to top Go down
mark k
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
mark k

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptyWed 12 Nov - 19:37

i just armwrestler scratch
Back to top Go down
daz
Valued member
Valued member
daz

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptyFri 26 Jun - 18:18

which do you do most in a week, armwrestling or weight training Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptySat 5 Sep - 20:29

weights are important but technique makes up the greater % for arm wrestling. If you do train hard with weights ALWAYS rest the next day unless your taking something that will promote muscle growth over night. If not you will continue to tear muscle fiber which has not yet healed and ultimately develop an injury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptySun 6 Sep - 13:58

The amount of weight training and table time will vary depending on the individual. If you have a weakness that affects your whole game then logically you will have to strengthen that weakness. Table time though is key to becoming co-ordinated which you will rely on more, rather than using one powerful technique.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptyThu 24 Dec - 13:29

armwrestling v weight training

which do you think helps you the most Question
Back to top Go down
Marvin
pro
pro
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training EmptyThu 24 Dec - 15:35

Bit of both,less likely to be injured if strong in both areas.You have to armwrestle alot
to be good at it though.like any sport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training   Wrestling VS Weight Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling VS Weight Training
Page 1 of 1