U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS. Empty
PostSubject: NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS.   NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS. EmptyMon 20 Aug - 0:15

As most of us should be aware,the BAF has introduced a new grading system for Armwrestlers.The levels are NOVICE LEVEL 1,NOVICE LEVEL2,PRO LEVEL 1,PRO LEVEL 2,PRO LEVEL 3.In order to be Graded on has to be assesed by the Regional Instructor before they can compete in any sanctioned competetion.This is yet another hurdle to jump over,and how does one go about it? Is there a nationwide network of Regional instructors? There is also meant to be a contact list for every Armwrestling Club/Organisation in the Uk.This is also non existant and should be on the BAF website but nothing has happened so far.Also where can these grading assesments take place? I assume they can take place anywhere there is a table,Who is the Regional Instructor for London and the South East ? I really would like to know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS.   NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS. EmptyMon 20 Aug - 7:56

Hi Andrew,

The Grading system has been existence for around 12 months now & was e mailed out to the relevant clubs & individuals accordingly.

You can be graded by a recognized instructor at any B.A.F. recognized club, most if not all of which are accessible through this forum.

The purpose of this assessment is to ensure that Armwrestlers attain a level of proficiency prior to competing in the sport, thereby reducing the element of risk within a sport in which some degree of risk is inherent.

The grading was very much in evidence & active this weekend at The Nationals where any & all athletes competing where asked to put their affiliated club against their name.

The best way to discover how non existent it is, or is not, would be for an Armwrestler to try to enter an event without first having been safety assessed (i.e. having approval from a U.K. recognized club that you can pull to the minimum standard of safety) I can say with a high degree of certainty that any athlete would not be allowed to enter any B.A.F. sanctioned event, without having been approved by a recognized instructor.

Arthur Dorohov - "London Armwrestling Federation"
Julian Cini - "Swindon Crusaders"
Marvin Palmer - "Bournemouth Phenoms"
Richard Poole - "South East Armwrestling Federation / Slough"
Dan Thomas - "Cambridge Minotaurs"
Matt Preston - "Milton Keynes Armwrestling Federation"
Rod Linette - "Bedfordshire Armwrestling"

Above are a number of Southern Clubs & associations at which you can begin to train for the sport and whom can approve you once you receive the required minumum safety standard (ie. understanding of "The Dangerous positions" at the table & the ability to pull at least one basic technique safely)

Good Luck

Neil

Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS.   NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS. EmptyMon 20 Aug - 10:45

I am a little unsure as to your understanding of our sport, you keep mentioning hurdles that to be jumped, yet when you look at any combat sport you always have to attain levels of proficiency before you can enter a competition, for example, Jiu jitsu, you can't rock up and enter just because you have seen an arm bar on UFC and done it on a mate. Why would you think armwrestling is any different? I have left messages on two threads on this forum with you offering yo help you learn how to armwrestle safely but no reply. As a club president and a coach I will happily offer my services for a third time as the more people we get into the sport, the better it is for all of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS.   NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS. Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW GRADING SYSTEM FOR ARMWRESTLERS.
Page 1 of 1