U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. Empty
PostSubject: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. EmptySun 4 Mar - 16:14

I don't want to start another discussion on the subject of armwrestling in the Olympics but just wanted to state the fact that yoga has applied...

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/29/should-yoga-be-an-olympic-sport/
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. EmptySun 4 Mar - 16:30

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com
Freak
Gold member
Gold member
Freak

PostSubject: Re: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. EmptySun 4 Mar - 18:10

I don't see how you could "compete" at yoga. I was under the impression that is was used to relieve stress, surely competing against someone else will increase stress?
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. EmptySun 4 Mar - 19:40

allthough the men may like it haha but pole dancing has been accepted for this year aswell i hear....
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. EmptySun 4 Mar - 19:45

joanne wrote:
allthough the men may like it haha but pole dancing has been accepted for this year aswell i hear....

You got any evidence? I.e a news link or something?
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. EmptySun 4 Mar - 19:57

Just had a look into it and they have a petition going on (4,000+ signed) and are making some noise about how they believe they should be an Olympic sport but not much further...
Back to top Go down
wiSë™
pro
pro
wiSë™

PostSubject: Re: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 14:55

Steve Kirlew wrote:
Just had a look into it and they have a petition going on (4,000+ signed) and are making some noise about how they believe they should be an Olympic sport but not much further...

Steve - 'they've' been trying for years n years - it a no-go in my eyes…

Far too complicated - we'd have to change the sport completely to be a recognised olympic event…

Very broad weightclasses – no set-up time etc…
If anyone couldve got in to the Olympics, Neil could… he chose not to…

TV is the future of the sport… get the recognition that way - play Judo or something if you want an olympic medal!
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. EmptyMon 5 Mar - 20:29

i heard on the radio one morning to work it had been accepted for London 2012... could be wrong i guess but they said that
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.   YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close. Empty

Back to top Go down

YOGA applies for 2016 Olympics... Armwrestling's not even close.
Page 1 of 1