U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best technical pullers

Go down 
+4
dan
James Green
Pete
paul maiden
8 posters
AuthorMessage
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

Best technical pullers Empty
PostSubject: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptySun 5 Feb - 11:06

Theres lots of good pullers in Britain some stronger than others but who is your top 10 most technical?
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptySun 5 Feb - 18:36

I would have to go with Pickup, S Hall, Barker, Maiden because of their ability to pull in all positions and change tactics to be able to beat their opponent in a comp or a supermatch

Last edited by Pete Henderson on Mon 6 Feb - 8:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Green
pro
pro
James Green

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptySun 5 Feb - 22:02

In no particular order:-

Neil
Paul Maiden
Nick Hall
Stu Hall
Andy Barker
Paul Waters
Keith Taylor
Peter Henderson
Craig (when he needs to)
Marvin
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptySun 5 Feb - 23:34

Steve Kirlew, Neil, Andy, Paul, Ted, Matt Preston, Alan, Paul Waters
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptyMon 6 Feb - 11:11

Wise
Ted
Maiden
The Secret
Steve Rogers
(a Man who doesn't LOOK as Fluid & aesthetically pleasing as others BUT has nevertheless PROVEN to be an EXTREMELY versatile Armwrestler with the ability to pull at his Redline, effectively in all three core styles)

For me these pullers have all displayed solid Technical versatility in REAL MATCH CONDITIONS ie. under genuine. severe pressure, ALL are balanced in terms of their Strength in at least two styles (there are others who can pull REALLY well out there BUT all of whom need to have Wrist & Hand Control in the match whilst those listed above don't).

Paul Waters is in my opinion, the most exciting Technically versatile prospect in the country right now BUT there are others who have an excellent developing game.

Technical versatility doesn't necessarily mean that you are THE MOST LETHAL, Ivakin Taras & Jan Germanus are BOTH examples of LETHAL yet basically one dimensional Pullers.

The U.K. has a number of Armwrestlers who believe they are far more technical than they actually are BUT when they are under serious pressure in a Match expose the fact that they have Tons of room to grow technically (THATS A GOOD THING...AS IT MEANS THEY CAN STILL GET A LOT BETTER).

I personally find that, when I'm NOT Armwrestling very regularly, against Pullers who can test me in various areas of my game, I become Rusty and don't Pull anywhere near my potential. I don't believe that is an unusual trait in Armwrestling.

I also know VERY, VERY FEW CLUBS WHERE Armwrestlers actually develop their Techniques (the emphasis for this development lies within yourself Guys) Andy Barker, Paul Maiden & Ted Wilson are all EXCELLENT to train with in my experience as is Paul Waters (mid session at least when he has relaxed & no longer feels he has to impress me lol) THE REASON FOR THIS is that they train in both Positive & Negative Arcs on the table, in various styles AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WITHIN THE ELASTIC LIMITS OF BOTH THEMSELVES AND THEIR OPPONENTS AT A STEADY PACE. OUTSIDE ELASTICITY = INJURY = LACK OF PROGRESSION.

THE MORE TIMES I LOSE, IN A CONTROLLED MANNER, IN TRAINING, THE LESS I SEEM TO DO SO, WHEN ITS FOR REAL, that maybe just me though Wink others do things differently however Craig Sanders may not look Pretty when he pulls but he is TERROR UNBOUND POUND FOR POUND.

Each Man to his own, I am extremely proud to have instilled a particular ethos and methodology, into the respective games of some of the Countries most Technically balanced & well rounded Armwrestlers

Cheers

Neil

Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptyMon 6 Feb - 16:29

You've hit the nail on the head there Neil...

A true technitian is exposed under pressure.

KING EDWARD wrote:
[b]
For me these pullers have all displayed solid Technical versatility in REAL MATCH CONDITIONS ie. under genuine. severe pressure, ALL are balanced in terms of their Strength in at least two styles (there are others who can pull REALLY well out there BUT all of whom need to have Wrist & Hand Control in the match whilst those listed above don't)

That being said, I'd go with:

Neil Pickup
Andy Barker
Stuart Hall
Steve Rogers
Matt Preston
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptyMon 6 Feb - 17:08

All the names that have been put forward are the best but you couldn't put them in order
If they was all the same weight and put into super matches over a twelve month period I beleve each one would have a win over the others. The reson is after there first loss they would go away and study where they went wrong and work on that.
A true technical puller will always train to win Very Happy
Andy Barker had his can opener for years but in time poeple worked around it
Most wrestlers have there own stile which makes the sport more interesting Very Happy
Go to the comps watch and learn and then train Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptyTue 7 Feb - 10:20

Most techincal: (in no particular order)

Andy Barker
Stu Hall
Ted Wilson
Kevin Berberich
Matt Preston
Neil Pickup
Paul Maiden

Most lethal:
Craig Sanders
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers EmptyTue 7 Feb - 15:03

Great answers n reasons why Neil with his educated answers as always

IMO
Pickup is the best ever taught all of the current top lads and more experience than the 3 wise men
Barker is just as good
Hall brothers
Ted
Knowles
Kevin
Are Jedi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best technical pullers   Best technical pullers Empty

Back to top Go down

Best technical pullers