U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?

Go down 
+4
joanne
NickHall
Dean
Steve Kirlew
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Dean compete at this year's World's/Europeans?
Yes
Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? Vote_lcap93%Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? Vote_rcap
 93% [ 13 ]
No
Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? Vote_lcap7%Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? Empty
PostSubject: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 16:21

Please vote YES if you think Dean Scarsbrook should compete in this year's European's or World's!

He has the ability and power to medal at the world's in 60kg IMO but has never been to anything outside the UK.

Dean, I think it's about time you went! You are good enough and it would be a great experience you would never forget (no matter what the outcome)! If you wait until you think you're ready, you will NEVER go!
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 16:22

PLUS, 99% of them in that weight are hookers...you're comefort zone!!!
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 16:29

Thanks steve for you nice comment... it was good to pull at mk yesterday. Smile

ive actualy managed to get a full months training in so i was kinda strong yesterday, but things are very up and down for me as you know..

Your vote of confidence is much appriciated. one day maybe.. but ive learnt if im not 100% fit (sleep wise) and training then i dont make the grade.
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 16:58

Dean wrote:

ive actualy managed to get a full months training in so i was kinda strong yesterday, but things are very up and down for me as you know..

Your vote of confidence is much appriciated. one day maybe.. but ive learnt if im not 100% fit (sleep wise) and training then i dont make the grade.

But that kind of attitude means you're likely to never go. How do you know if your sleeping patterns are going to be off on December 5th 2010?? It's hit and miss like a lot of things...it's rare that everything comes together all for that one week (it never has for me and I don't suppose ever will)...take the risk...be a yes man! afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 17:50

Dean i agree with Stephen here 100%
You've got to put yourself into these comps just to experience first hand what's involved.
Same as i came to England last year for the experience, not to win.
It was then i was able to at least measure myself and modify my training accordingly.
If Stephen says he thinks your ready for that scene, you should take it as more than a compliment.
It's an opportunity.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 17:52

get gone dean.. i have been to 6 world championship & took part in 5 of them

finland 2000
poland 2001
usa 2002
canada 2003
japan 2005
manchester 2006 watched
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 17:56

dean your the best bantam weight the UK has seen and steve is right no matter what the outcome going to these events are FANTASTIC and you could do absolutly brilliant in them think about it would be awesome!!
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 23:20

stephenkirlew wrote:
Dean wrote:

But that kind of attitude means you're likely to never go. How do you know if your sleeping patterns are going to be off on December 5th 2010?? It's hit and miss like a lot of things...it's rare that everything comes together all for that one week (it never has for me and I don't suppose ever will)...take the risk...be a yes man! afro

I dont think its quite coming over properly i think what Dean means is that he has a illness that can strike at anytime and a illness non of us can understand has we dont have it,its frustrating for us to not see Dean pull because we know he can do very well,But Dean knows best he has to deal with the ilness 24/7 so i think its fair if we leave him alone on this case...

just a quick 1 imagine you aint slept for a full day tired right??? try 2 f-cked then aint we??? then try 3 and then still train with them 70kg dumbells hope you geting what iam saying Smile

btw when i wa in ICU i had ICU physcosis spelling bad,and i slept for around 20 mins a day for the first 2 weeks i woke up it was awful real bad credit to you Dean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 23:33

Fair play. As much as everyone wants to see Dean pull in Europe, only he
will truly know if and when the time's right. afro
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 23:52

paul maiden wrote:
stephenkirlew wrote:
Dean wrote:

I dont think its quite coming over properly i think what Dean means is that he has a illness that can strike at anytime and a illness non of us can understand has we dont have it,its frustrating for us to not see Dean pull because we know he can do very well,But Dean knows best he has to deal with the ilness 24/7 so i think its fair if we leave him alone on this case...

just a quick 1 imagine you aint slept for a full day tired right??? try 2 f-cked then aint we??? then try 3 and then still train with them 70kg dumbells hope you geting what iam saying Smile

btw when i wa in ICU i had ICU physcosis spelling bad,and i slept for around 20 mins a day for the first 2 weeks i woke up it was awful real bad credit to you Dean

Paul, if I thought that the only reason Dean didn't go to these comps was because of his illness then I wouldn't have come out here and said what I've said...but I don't think it is. I think part of the reason is fear. Correct me if I'm wrong Dean.

Last edited by stephenkirlew on Wed 27 Jan - 8:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyTue 26 Jan - 23:59

its about midnight, and im about to take my drugs, but ill put a proper post up tommorow and put up the full reason why its so hard. cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Here goes.   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 10:41

Ok, its gona be a bit long winded, and its not something I talk about a lot cos it drives me mad.

Years ago, I was just a normal person. Used to work as the manager of a computer company in Leicester, with a fast car and things were good. I met a girl down south and used to drive down there every weekend. Things got a bit more serious and as I was working 6 days a week it was getting hard to get down to see her. I made the decision that I would take another Job where I would only need to work for 5 days giving me more time to get down to Bournemouth.

I moved Jobs in august 2003, It was a driving Job which was very different for me, but it wasn’t bad.
One Thursday I ran up into the back of the lorry to get something out of the back ( it had a ramp you could wheel stuff up and a metal shutter that was raised and lowered to close the back.

For some reason, on this day the shutter had dropped back down without me noticing to about 5 foot 7 hight. Problem was that im 5 foot 8 and I was running as fast as I could into the back to get something out of it. Needless to say , I hit the top of my head so hard that my spine compressed, my legs carried on moving and my head stayed still. Not pretty.

Being a hunk, I just wiped away the blood, stayed on the floor for a few minutes (cos it bloody hurt) then got up and carried on with the job.

Everything was ok for a week after that, id almost forgotten about it, and had even got down to Bournemouth that weekend, and had a lovely walk around the new forest.
I arrived back on the Monday, and there was no obvious problem.

I went to bed as normal Monday night, 11pm as usual. I couldn’t never imagine in my wildest dreams (when I used to sleep) what was coming next.

Just as I was going into sleep, I was suddenly awaken by a huge hiss sound in my head, followed about 2 seconds later by every muscle in my pelvic floor muscles contract so hard the made me bleed, and 1 second after that, a sensation in my brain and down the back of my head into my body and extremities, which felt exactly the same as being electrocuted my 240 volts. ( and that’s no joke) this lasts for abou 15 seconds or untill im fully awake again

7 days and 7 nights later every time I tried to sleep, the same thing happened. Every time with no break.
I was constantly Dizzy, sick almost every day for 2 years, and burning at the base of my spine which was agony
To be honest

I went from Doctor to Doctor, Hospital to Hospital with everyone looking at my like I was some sort of fruitcake. I spent time in papworth, leicesre, Middlesborough, and Finaly Newcastle hospital attached to more hardware than NASA owns.

At my lowest, there was nobody doing anything to help me and I was falling apart. I had so little sleep that I just couldn’t function. One night I sat in tears in my little Peugeot 205 (50 quids worth, id had to sell the good cars) with a hosepipe connected to the exhauset poking through the window. I didn’t want to die, it just seemed like the best option at the time.

Moving on a few years I have battled every night with this disorder, I was finally diagnosed with Propriospinal myoclonus at sleep onset, a sleep wake transition disorder they think was caused by Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) possibly but not defiantly by the accident I had.

I had to give up work (I tried to go for 6 mths but the illness is so up and down there is no pattern to knowing when im going to be very poorly with it. One day im ok , another day I cant function. Although everyday I wake ( from a very drug induced coma kind of thing ) I cannot function properly till about 12 o clock. Madness.

Claire took me to Tenerife 2 years ago on a plane ( which ok im scared of anyway lol) but it messed something up in my head and I couldn’t walk for 3 days of the holiday, so that really puts me off flying now if im totally honest.

ARMWRESTLING.

I seem to be quite good at it, and really enjoy armwrestling anyone and everyone
Win loose or draw. I find regular training extremely difficult due to the illness and aiming to go to a competition on a certain day a real gamble. If I have a bad night the night before, im in real trouble.
The worse thing about that is Letting people down. I used to be the most reliable person you could meet, but I cant even hold a job down now.

I do want to pull in a big comp regularly, Neil does a fantastic job of getting all the top guys together and its much appreciated by all of us. Ive already let him down before, and that’s not a good feeling on my behalf. I don’t like loosing like nobody does but loosing when im only running on 3 cylinders means there not armwrestling the proper Dean.

Im making a concerted effort in training for the match with Ted, and hopefully ill have a good night the night before Rossendale 3. ( nice one nick )
Sorry this has gone on a bit but I feel I need to explain the difficulties that an illness can cause. Im sure Paul, Rod and a few others will understand to some degree.

Many thanks for listening guys.

Dean

Last edited by Dean on Wed 27 Jan - 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 11:52

Ah well I'm really sorry about that Dean. I just though there was more to it like you mentioned your fear of flying as the reason before and I know you don't think your strong enough at the best of times and unless you're static holding 100kg before a big comp you don't feel happy. Haha. So my sincere apololgy if I got that wrong. Even on your 50% days you feel mega strong and would give people hell in the 60kg class...I know, I've medalled at 65kg! You might regret not giving it a go later in life but that's just my opinion..I have no idea what you're going through.
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 12:40

Steve, if it werent for you mate i wouldnt even be armwrestling, so i fully appriciate what you say, and if i do win owt its down to you and the mkaf boys ...

I hope to get somewhere soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 14:57

My apologies Dean if i came across as small minded.
You're obviously dealing with this condition as best as you can and nobody
has the right to expect anymore.
I hope you are fit for the match with Ted as i now feel it would be a blessing
and privilege to see you pull m8.
I hope that with patience (on everyone's part) and perseverance you come through this.
All the best m8.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 15:08

your a good guy mark, and strong to by the looks of the video ive seen ! no apologies needed.. even my closest friends find it hard to understand mate. see u soon pal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 17:13

Wink See you soon mate, maybe we can have that hook match sometime even if
it's on the side table. afro
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 17:30

you can warm me up mark before my match with Ted ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 17:54

It would be an honour mate. (At least i'll leave with my arm) Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 27 Jan - 19:08

Embarassed Embarassed i struggle at work with the loss of my index finger ... but my problem are nothing like your dean
wrestler when your ready... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyThu 28 Jan - 21:27

Imagine how much trouble that would have been Nick if you were a prostate Doctor ... Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: paul   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 17 Feb - 13:19

Paul, just read about ICU physcosis you were talking about. sounds nasty
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyWed 17 Feb - 19:32

good guy would do well im 100% sure the old fucker lol
Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com
peter
pro
pro
peter

PostSubject: dean scarsbrook- european's or world's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyFri 19 Feb - 7:43

hi Dean
Just read your explaination of how your illness affects you .Wow god dam mate what openess & honesty .what ever you decide to do or when you decide to do it .You chosse & Steve Kirlew is an utter top bloke for being so upfront. But always remember if some one does try to help hes on your side.Even if we dont like wat they say.Not saying if you should go or not Its up to you but hell every one will still have the upmost respect for you & whatever u decide.
Peter
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? EmptyFri 19 Feb - 11:48

Thanks for that Peter,I know Steve Kirlew only pushes me cos he thinks i could do well, hes always been on my side, as i have his.
I feel i had to put down in writing what was happening to me, behind the scenes of whet you guys see, ( im sure you understand ) as it must just look sometimes like i was just letting people down.
Once again, thanks Peter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?   Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dean Scarsbrook - European's or World's 2010?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next