U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

novice comp's back in 1996 when i started

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

novice comp's back in 1996 when i started Empty
PostSubject: novice comp's back in 1996 when i started   novice comp's back in 1996 when i started EmptySat 26 Sep - 16:02

my first novice comp was july 1996 held by neil pickup N.A.W.F...at my local pub

i enter the comp & won it cheers

back then neil was doing Shocked 2 OR 3 NOVICE COMPS A WEEK Shocked so over a year thats a lot of comps

also peter white was doing lots of novice comp

then there was a comp.... IRON ARM NORTH WEST 96 THE NORTHERN NOVICE ARMWRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS....at the game bird chorley.. that was for all the lads & lasses that come in the top 3 of there heats

i have never seen anything like it on the first weekend there were hundreds of people in the place wrestling cheering there mates on etcs... IT WAS AWESOME I WILL NEVER FORGET IT.. IT WAS LIKE BEING IN OVER THE TOP...

then top 4 wrestler in each of there weight classes where in the grand finals the following saturday that was mega also there were a few pro super matches on PETER WHITE V CHRIS ANDREWS.. MICK FEILDING V STEVE ROGERS it was great

then i started going to neil club at blackburn on a busy nite there would be 30 wrestler in the room most weeks 20

i learnt alot going there thanks to everyone who helped me along the way... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
The Journey Man
Gold member
Gold member
The Journey Man

PostSubject: Re: novice comp's back in 1996 when i started   novice comp's back in 1996 when i started EmptySat 26 Sep - 18:33

sounds like a very good comp neil pickup doing 2 to 3 novice comps a week back then

more novice comps needed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: novice comp's back in 1996 when i started   novice comp's back in 1996 when i started EmptySat 26 Sep - 19:02

Running competitions of that magnitude across the country would definitely create more awareness but would take considerable preparation. We definitely need more individuals to stop pussy footing about in the novice classes and rank up to professional. At least that way the B.A.F. would be in a position to send ambassadors all over the u.k. to promote the sport.
Sounds like a fantastic era back then Nick. afro
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: novice comp's back in 1996 when i started   novice comp's back in 1996 when i started EmptySat 26 Sep - 21:07

it was mark...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: novice comp's back in 1996 when i started   novice comp's back in 1996 when i started Empty

Back to top Go down

novice comp's back in 1996 when i started
Page 1 of 1