U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is Stength Required

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Is Stength Required Empty
PostSubject: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 0:25

With regards to mixed views wether strength is as important as technique as yourselves this. "If stronger people begin to master techniques will i be left behind?"
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 17:57

they will do in time.if there training there hands,wrists, rotations & so on if there training the right areas...

all my training is training the way you wrestle on pulley etcs..
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 18:23

Fair point Nick, so as long as you train the vital parts of the arm using weighted pulley systems to replicate arm wrestling, the individual need not be concerned with another's overall body strength?
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 18:28

depends what there training is some one catching you up?????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 18:41

I've got a few in mind, these guys are definitely getting stronger. I have more overall body strength but also have a terrible wrist injury, resulting in a loss of power. It's definitely a concern since i can work my wrist as hard as most people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 18:48

While we're on the subject, have you ever come across anyone with a wrist injury that prevents them from going into the hook position. I know its not related to forearm strength because sometimes (on the pulley system) if i try and hook with a weight as light as 15kg in my hand my wrist locks causing a great deal of pain. If you've ever came across this do you know what it was or how it was treated?
Back to top Go down
The Journey Man
Gold member
Gold member
The Journey Man

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 18:57

there been a lot of strong lads walk though nick front door & thought they could beat him there was one lad about 20 months ago that came from nicks local gym he said that he had never been beat at armwrestling plus the lad was on steroids he came with a few mates to nicks house i was there the lad was very cocky until he got on the table nick was talking to him as the lad was pulling like hell & could not move nicks arm the lad & his mates where shocked he never came back to the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 20:40

Yeah i've met a few people in my time with the same smug attitude. Some would say that arm wrestlers should perhaps take it easy on these guy's, but i think were arrogance is involved its a great opportunity for these guys to be humbled and if they are genuine then they'll come back. Strength is important but it's not key.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyTue 8 Sep - 21:10

adrian,i remember that ....

mark,not had that problem, one or two lads have not been able to bend there wrist enough for a toproll everyone gets a bit of wrist problem now & then.
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyWed 9 Sep - 9:10

Iam a beliver in the overall body training,i wasnt for the first 5 years of my training in which i won 1 novice and 2 british pro titles and didnt even do weights apart from simple wrist curls,walking the bars and hammer curls i just pulled twice a week every week.

it wasnt till jan 07 that i began to seriously lift the weights and became very strong so much so i was unbeatable in Britain till i got ill in april 09 and if i wouldnt have sufferd that set back i would have still dominated now at 101kg i was benching 210kg,shoulder pressing 130kg and seated rowing 250kg iand i certainly think well i no that for me it helped push me that extra level or 3...

Everybody is diffrent tho and what works for you may not work for someone else,you have to learn what your own body reacts to and work from there.be careful not to try and do to much lots of pullers think i got do this that and other,but the fundamental stuff is all the same,almost everybody does rotation work etc but its how you do it...and when you do it have to make it count,i could do 10 vartions of it but only 1 or 2 will actually benfit me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required EmptyWed 9 Sep - 12:19

Thanks for that input Paul, i'm just a little concerned that i've suffuered a fracture to the scaphoid bone in my wrist. I've been comparing my symptoms with the available info on the net and i'm sorry to say everything points to a damaged scaphoid. Another possibility is that the flexor tendons in my wrist are experiencing an increase of applied force due to a pressure on the carpal tunnel possibly resulting from another disjointed carpal bone. Either way Nick i experience similar symptoms. Full range of movement but with a loss of power in the flexor tendons (wrist tendon) and sometimes pain and a loss of power in my thumb. Swelling coms as goes around the wrist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Stength Required   Is Stength Required Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Stength Required
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
U.K. Armwrestling :: Training forum-
Jump to: