U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how long should you stay in the novices ????

Go down 
+4
obk
dan
daz
NickHall
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

how long should you stay in the novices ???? Empty
PostSubject: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptyTue 18 Aug - 18:04

how long should you stay as a novice Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
daz
Valued member
Valued member
daz

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptyTue 18 Aug - 20:24

it all depends on how good you are if your beating everyone easy.

then its time to step up to the pro's.
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptyTue 18 Aug - 20:29

I think novice should be 0-6 months of training with a club and a couple of comps, there shouldn't be a choice, if you've pulled for more than 6 months you should be banned from entering novice comps, it's time to man up and take your losses at a higher level.

I think the structure should be
Novice, 0-6 months training with or without pulling comps
Amateur, 6 months plus with no limit to length of time as an amateur
Pro, 18 months plus (6 as novice, 12 as amateur)
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptySun 23 Aug - 14:25

Dan dont really agree with what you have said there as everyone progresses at a different level / speed. Basically, if your not pulling that often and not entering comps then you should be a novice as long as you want, then again if you are progressing and beating opponents regularly then it is time to step up.

all is dependant on the individual.
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptySun 23 Aug - 21:44

Competition wins don't determine status, I stepped up to Pro at the Panthers despite never winning a novice comp.
Yes, it's true that every one progresses at different levels, however a novice in the dictionary definition is new or a beginner, you can't be a novice if you've been training for 2,3 or even 10 years no matter how good or bad you might be. If you're pride can't take the knocks of losing then stop competing. How will you ever get better by beating newcomers?
This is why i suggest we have an amateur division for any one who's trained for 6 months or more, then you can stay there for as long as you want progressing at a pace that suits you and competing with others who have at least learned the technical aspects of the sport.
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptyMon 24 Aug - 23:59

Competition wins do determine status! and you can still be a novice in x amount of years if you are not progressing, if you are then you are not a novice but otherwise you are.

I get the chance every week to get my ass kicked in training off better pullers but thats why I have been competiting at novice level as training and comps are different, would prefer to maybe win / get placed at some novice comps before the step up. Its all right taking a step up to the pros but if you are not progressing as an armwrestler then what is the point? (I am by no means saying that your not!) If you feel that you are ready fot the step up then you are quite right to go for it but there are others out there who may not feel that they are ready, thats why I am saying that there should not be a timelimit in divisions. Personally, I dont think that it will be long before I step up if allowed.

I take it that you will not be competiting at the novices this weekend? Wouldnt mind pulling against you at an up and coming comp so that I can guage my own progress since you have stepped up a level.
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptyTue 25 Aug - 0:22

The point i'm trying to make is that a novice should be someone who walks in off the street and gives it a go at a comp, with training and some comps, regardless of progression you are no longer a novice but an amateur, I would not class you as a novice puller any more but an amateur at a decent level. This is why we need to separate the divisions so guys trying there arm for the first time with no training don't get beat by some one who's trained and pulled for a number of years. They will become disheartened and not want to continue. As an amateur you will be pulling guys at a similar or slightly higher level and learning all the time, the best way to get better is to pull/ compete with people close to or better than your ability, not to walk through a class of 1st timers with no training. You won't learn anything and they will not want to continue.
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptyTue 25 Aug - 18:26

Hi
The step up to pro should be up to your trainer

It's not how strong you are its how safe you are

It's too easy to snap your arm and 9 times out of 10 it's your own doing with a bad move

You'r trainer or other pro will tell you when to step up

Novice to pro is a big step

Keep things safe

Walk then run
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptyTue 25 Aug - 20:37

I agree Stan this is why there should be a middle ground for those who are too strong or experienced to truly be a novice but not ready to be a pro, somewhere you can stay, learning, competing and perfecting techniques for as long as you need to, pay your dues first, so to speak
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptyWed 26 Aug - 19:02

i pulled two novice comps and thats it , think its on the person i won british 16 months after , just pull u will no if its time Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptySun 31 Oct - 9:47

how long should you stay as a novice Question
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptySun 31 Oct - 9:47

stan wrote:
Hi
The step up to pro should be up to your trainer

It's not how strong you are its how safe you are

It's too easy to snap your arm and 9 times out of 10 it's your own doing with a bad move

You'r trainer or other pro will tell you when to step up

Novice to pro is a big step

Keep things safe

Walk then run
Back to top Go down
paul waters!
pro
pro
paul waters!

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptySun 31 Oct - 10:05

i agree with terry , its all about the person and the level they are pullin at , you wil knw wen its time to step up and so will others around you , i.e other pro's , people in your club, and of course the amount of experience you have.
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? EmptySun 31 Oct - 16:11

As long as that person needs to be at a good level and a safe one,as some devlope at slower rates and need more time,again this is within reason but rules need to made clear by the FED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how long should you stay in the novices ????   how long should you stay in the novices ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

how long should you stay in the novices ????
Page 1 of 1