U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resting before a comp - How much time do you allow?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

Resting before a comp - How much time do you allow?  Empty
PostSubject: Resting before a comp - How much time do you allow?    Resting before a comp - How much time do you allow?  EmptyTue 21 Aug - 12:57

For this years Brits, I had 2.5 weeks AW rest and 6 days total rest. For previous comps, I've allowed 1.5 weeks AW rest and 6-8 days total rest.

Generally speaking as the comp approachs, I'm trying to taper down the frequency and intensity of my training, but include some big lifts, close to 1RM.

We are all different - what works for you?
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

Resting before a comp - How much time do you allow?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resting before a comp - How much time do you allow?    Resting before a comp - How much time do you allow?  EmptyTue 21 Aug - 22:49

I trained hard table Sunday and hard pulleys on wednesday hand n wrist tue and thursdaybbefore the British but only because of brazil being the goal,I like a hard armwrestling secession 10 days before and weights up to 3days befor cardio till day before
Back to top Go down

Resting before a comp - How much time do you allow?
Page 1 of 1