U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS

Go down 
+13
Steve Kirlew
paul maiden
James Green
ryan
Dean
KING EDWARD
Pete
Donald Fraser
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
stan
Chris waters
NickHall
Leon
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb - 20:30

Leon, you are a really good bloke & I have NO INTEREST whatsoever in getting into a Keyboard Bum Fight mate.

I am too busy and generally not interested in that, you would probably have taken it as a positive that "I mentioned you personally" had you really known where I was coming from mate, as that means I thought commenting on it was worthwhile.

IF however you think The New Year Cup is "my event" and that thats my motivation for writing that post mate, then you are on a different page to me entirely .

I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO ATTENDS BRITISH ARMWRESTLING EVENTS, VERY MUCH mainly as it helps to grow and improve the Sport I love and have spent most of my Life trying to develop however I'm not going to Thank You or any other Armwrestler for attending Armwrestling events, when your aim and desire is to be a good Armwrestler, WHY !? well, because I'm one too and I REALLY LOVE ARMWRESTLING MATE........so when I attended events (ones I didn't organize that is as organising them is a VERY different experience) ITS REALLY FOR ME TO ARMWRESTLE, ENJOY ARMWRESTLING AND TO IMPROVE MY SKILLS IN THE SPORT.

The Board is both very positive and yet occasionally negative at the same time in that, it doesn't allow, context to be expressed clearly, inflection and other key things, anyway I HAVE ALREADY DONE, what I'm ever really gonna do at the Table Leon, and I've enjoyed my time in the Sport very much, my comments were really meant to allow promising U.K. Pullers to see how success is achieved.

Enjoy your evening mate & try to see what I'm saying.

IF ya don't agree, thats fair enough too, anyway I hope ya get where yer going

Cheers

Neil
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb - 21:41

Neil,
If you look back at your original comments, it's surely easy to see how they could be taken personally. You used my name (almongst others) and wrapped it up in some quirky comments that basically equate to being a coward or lacking committment.

I'm sure it was meant with no harm, and a hint of jest, but it was wide open for mis-interpretation.

Unfortunately; I feel the message about development was lost along the way, but I know that we all share a desire to see the sport grow!

Regards,
Anthony

Btw I heard there was no practice table at NYC - wtf?

Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Feb - 23:46

KING EDWARD wrote:
Leon, you are a really good bloke & I have NO INTEREST whatsoever in getting into a Keyboard Bum Fight mate.

I am too busy and generally not interested in that, you would probably have taken it as a positive that "I mentioned you personally" had you really known where I was coming from mate, as that means I thought commenting on it was worthwhile.

IF however you think The New Year Cup is "my event" and that thats my motivation for writing that post mate, then you are on a different page to me entirely .

I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EVERYONE WHO ATTENDS BRITISH ARMWRESTLING EVENTS, VERY MUCH mainly as it helps to grow and improve the Sport I love and have spent most of my Life trying to develop however I'm not going to Thank You or any other Armwrestler for attending Armwrestling events, when your aim and desire is to be a good Armwrestler, WHY !? well, because I'm one too and I REALLY LOVE ARMWRESTLING MATE........so when I attended events (ones I didn't organize that is as organising them is a VERY different experience) ITS REALLY FOR ME TO ARMWRESTLE, ENJOY ARMWRESTLING AND TO IMPROVE MY SKILLS IN THE SPORT.

The Board is both very positive and yet occasionally negative at the same time in that, it doesn't allow, context to be expressed clearly, inflection and other key things, anyway I HAVE ALREADY DONE, what I'm ever really gonna do at the Table Leon, and I've enjoyed my time in the Sport very much, my comments were really meant to allow promising U.K. Pullers to see how success is achieved.

Cheers

Neil

Hey Neil,

I feel you've misinterpreted my post and it seems you've turned what I wrote into something else with your reply. I'm also really busy and don't intend or want this to be a keyboard "bum fight" and don't see why it should turn out that way, we're all grown ups on here after all.

I don't know why you've specifically focused in on me saying they are "your events" or framed your reply so it sounds like I think I'm doing you a favour by attending these events, as I never said that in any way shape or form, and don't feel that way. To make it clear, I think the events you put on are the best open draw events in the UK and I don't see what harm can be construed from calling them "your events" as surely they are!

I get your point about needing to show and pull at the open draw events to improve, from the first time you told me this years ago I TOTALLY GOT THE POINT, so when you mentioned me by name in the way you did I felt to show you I understand this, I had to point out I've attended almost every single event till this last one, which as I said I wanted to attend but due to sheer logistics just couldn't make it this one time. I'm not asking you to, and would never expect you to thank me for attending either. Unlike many people in the sport, I'm not a "go along guy" who gripes about things behind closed doors, and I speak my mind when I feel I need to, whether it rocks the boat or not.

I'm well aware of your long legacy in the sport and all you've achieved at the table over the years and really respect you for that, and in comparison I'm aware of exactly how little I've achieved in this sport. As to where I'm going, I just love training and travelling about pulling with different people, and entering the competitions. But at the end of the day, I enjoy other pursuits outside arm wrestling, which in the cold light of day probably holds me back a bit from attaining my full arm wrestling potential (which is honestly limited), compared to pullers who are almost singularly focused on arm wrestling, who were on my level once and are now soaring off, and borrowing your analogy rising along with the water level. But I am comfortable with this Smile
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Feb - 8:10

Leon wrote:
KING EDWARD wrote:

Cheers

Neil

Hey Neil,

I feel you've misinterpreted my post and it seems you've turned what I wrote into something else with your reply. I'm also really busy and don't intend or want this to be a keyboard "bum fight" and don't see why it should turn out that way, we're all grown ups on here after all.

I don't know why you've specifically focused in on me saying they are "your events" or framed your reply so it sounds like I think I'm doing you a favour by attending these events, as I never said that in any way shape or form, and don't feel that way. To make it clear, I think the events you put on are the best open draw events in the UK and I don't see what harm can be construed from calling them "your events" as surely they are!

I get your point about needing to show and pull at the open draw events to improve, from the first time you told me this years ago I TOTALLY GOT THE POINT, so when you mentioned me by name in the way you did I felt to show you I understand this, I had to point out I've attended almost every single event till this last one, which as I said I wanted to attend but due to sheer logistics just couldn't make it this one time. I'm not asking you to, and would never expect you to thank me for attending either. Unlike many people in the sport, I'm not a "go along guy" who gripes about things behind closed doors, and I speak my mind when I feel I need to, whether it rocks the boat or not.

I'm well aware of your long legacy in the sport and all you've achieved at the table over the years and really respect you for that, and in comparison I'm aware of exactly how little I've achieved in this sport. As to where I'm going, I just love training and travelling about pulling with different people, and entering the competitions. But at the end of the day, I enjoy other pursuits outside arm wrestling, which in the cold light of day probably holds me back a bit from attaining my full arm wrestling potential (which is honestly limited), compared to pullers who are almost singularly focused on arm wrestling, who were on my level once and are now soaring off, and borrowing your analogy rising along with the water level. But I am comfortable with this Smile

Hi Leon,

THATS Fair enough Wink

I'm not gonna write much more about the subject, as it takes me too long and clearly doesn't work Laughing

THE POINT isn't really about one or other, specifically, as an isolated response is only a partial fix BUT rather about EVERYONE having 3 or 4 Benchmark Maindraw events per annum, at which EVERYONE could be confident that almost all of the U.K. Armwrestling circuit will attend (rightly or wrongly the lads I named were those I thought were most Hungry for success).

ANYWAY I ALSO WISHED FOR A EURO LOTTERY WIN & THE ABILITY TO EAT AS MUCH CRISPY DUCK AS I CHOOSE NIGHTLY, WITHOUT SPROUTING ANKLE TITS..................I PROBABLY WON'T SEE THOSE THINGS HAPPEN EITHER.

Anthony,

Thanks for your explaination mate, again I am an Anthony Biggs Fan so not trying to "TWATRONIZE" you in anyway however I am gonna address the cowardice comment to act as future reference for all reading.

EXCEPT for in the case of "MIGHTY" Paul Maiden, who clearly DUCKED me at the weekend when I had a WIDE, WIDE WORLD OF WHIPPERY for his Ugly Ass...........I don't in reality equate not showing up at Armwrestling Tournaments with COWARDICE...............whilst there are those who feel that Armwrestling is all about one's MANDOM, I usually find that this is due to the fact that whilst sat on Grandad's knee as a Whippa SnappA they were relayed stories of THOSE BRAVE BRAVE SOULS WHO WENT "OVER THE TOP"............obviously they MISSED the bit about it being "of the trenches in the First World War" and when Sly released his alternative version in 1987..................BINGO, BONGO !!! ARMWRESTLING = MAN

P.S. love the sneaky Dig about the practice table at the N.Y.C. QUALITY MATE & yer right too..................WHAT THE F*CK EY !!! (ring me if ya need any sleeping tablets mate Laughing Wink )

Love & Hand Relief

Neil Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Feb - 17:44

Neil,
Thanks for taking the time to reply and I think the point about committment is valid, but perhaps there is no need to single people out!

I'm glad that you acknowledge my comment about the practice table, as this is a fundamental part of the competition structure. Furthermore; it's bloody vital for the development of new pullers. I can honestly say that I learn more on the side tables than I do competing. There's also the safety factor - people need to warm-up physically and mentally to reduce the risk of injury or bruised ego.

I always welcome dialogue and without debate there cannot be improvement.

Onward & upward!

Regards,
Anthony

Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Feb - 20:26

You can only duck what you see as a threat,we both no if i come round in 20mins for a brew pal i will beat you like a mangy dog that you are,June will tell the true story when i flick you over the table with ease if your tit doesnt anchor you to the floor Very Happy

COWARD OUT!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Feb - 22:17

BRING IT CHUBBY pig
Back to top Go down
*Moo*
Valued member
Valued member
*Moo*

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Feb - 22:33

Now, now boys! Playground talk - arent you both too old for that?!

Time will give the answer!

Soz Neil - you know I'm going for the Mighty One!!!

Don't forget ... He met the 'maker' and came out on top! cheers affraid cheers

Good luck with the training boys!!!
Back to top Go down
wiSë™
pro
pro
wiSë™

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Mar - 16:06

sunny Did somebody say… Bum Fight*?

Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2