U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS

Go down 
+13
Steve Kirlew
paul maiden
James Green
ryan
Dean
KING EDWARD
Pete
Donald Fraser
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
stan
Chris waters
NickHall
Leon
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS Empty
PostSubject: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySat 25 Feb - 19:05

I just heard from Martin Sedlacek, apparently he's in the 70kg final on left.

Steve Kirlew beat Stuart 5-1 on right and lost 5-1 on left apparently
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 10:08

right

70 kg

1st,ted wilson
2nd, Question
3rd, chris waters

80 kg

1st chris ham
2nd ryan finnerty
3rd chris murphy

90 kg

1st nicholas
2nd stefan
3rd paul waters

100 kg

1st terry ackers
2nd audrius dumbauskas
3rd james green

100 plus

cant remember scratch

Last edited by NickHall on Sun 26 Feb - 12:36; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Chris waters
pro
pro
Chris waters

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 11:00

paul waters got third in the 90s class on right
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 11:26

ok chris Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 14:14

WELL DONE to every one that took part I just wish I could of been there Sad
Its allways a great comp but I have mised it for the last two years now through work and other things
Hopefully I'll be there next year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
pro
pro
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 16:38

Just wanted to say well done to every one who competed yesterday. A steep learning curve for me with a definate step up in training and lots more focus needed.
Really impressed with James Green , felt mega in the hook. Terry Ackers looked mega quick and powerful.
Well done again to everybody.
Back to top Go down
http://atlaslandscapingltd@yahoo.co.uk
Donald Fraser
Silver Member
Silver Member
Donald Fraser

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 20:55

Took the words out my mouth Jason. . a few months ago I thought . . I would not mind a match a the next Rampage with James Green . . but after his performance last night. . .Fuck that! . . . the man's a BEAST!! . . James was Mega Strong . like a larger version of Chris Waters!!! . . .ha ha

Last edited by Donald Fraser on Mon 27 Feb - 12:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 22:40

Donald Fraser wrote:
Took the words out my mouth Jason. . a few months ago I thought . . I would not mind a mach a the next Rampage with James Green . . but after his performance last night. . .Fuck that! . . . the man's a BEAST!! . . James was Mega Strong . like a larger version of Chris Waters!!! . . . Ya wee FREEK!!!!!!

Agreed. I reckon if most people pull James on right inside slowed down their elbows will know about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 22:57

I have allways said that James under estamates himself
When I wrestled James at the rampage I knew I had to be on form
I have a lot of respect for him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptySun 26 Feb - 23:52

James Green is REALLY STRONG..................BUT he doesn't believe he is and thats a major factor in his performances as he doesn't just learn to rotate into a tight close Hook Eastern European / Spanish style & ATTACK dudes.

IF HE EVER GETS THAT............................. silent Shocked Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyMon 27 Feb - 9:47

James Is Mega strong.. and would be even stronger if he put that Cigarette out Smile One of the Nicest guys ive met too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ryan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ryan

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyMon 27 Feb - 16:50

I agree James is strong!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkarmwrestling.co.uk
James Green
pro
pro
James Green

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyMon 27 Feb - 22:42

Massive thanks for your comments.....Much Appreciated, and hope to feed off them.

For me, Paul Waters produced the class act in a 90kg class that was absolutely ridiculous...

Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 0:26

Did Paul beat Kirlew or Mitchell?
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 8:24

All three Men had a loss to one common opponent ie. Stefan Tamas (Paul "Smooth" got him twice, in the FIRST ROUND, then again in the B-Side - Final play off, where he POPPED HIS WRIST ON THE FIRST HIT Shocked Stefan Elbow fouled & got a re-start)

Paul Waters was EXTREMELY impressive in his onslaught up the B-Side after his first Round loss to Tamas, versatile, unafraid to try new things, he is a REALLY GOOD, CLEAN, Armwrestler.

The Panthers should be proud of their Young talents, of which Paul Waters is certainly one. Sampson, Rimm'NER & Rough were all impressive too on the Day (ROUGH & THE TWISTER NEED TO BELIEVE THOUGH NEITHER ONE REALLY DOES YET) Sampson is DEFINATELY one to watch in my opinion,

Matt Preston is another Sharp little Armwrestler and moved well at The Crofters.

Anil Najran is improving every time I see the lad Pull.

Shame no "Team Power" (Hughes, Atkinson, Henderson) or "Malitia" (Biggs & Macey etc.) Pullers felt the need to get their feet wet in a REAL U.K. Shark Tank, as ultimately it would be really good for them, as the level was pretty High.

IF people really want experience of larger, harder events, THE ANSWER IS VERY SIMPLE.................the event dates are visible MONTHS IN ADVANCE, just really make the effort guys, book the days & EVERYBODY SHOW UP TO PULL THE EVENT.

There are only three BIG Main Draw B.A.F. Tournaments in this Country now :

1.) "THE LIONS DEN" - End Jan - early Feb
2.) "BRITISH NATIONALS" - Mid to late August
3.) "IRON ARM U.K."
- Oct. - Nov.

IN MY HONEST OPINION..........IF everyone is serious about getting their level up, these Shows should be FRONT & CENTRE in everybodys Calendar domestically, END OF.

AND THE SHOWS WOULD BE MEGA U.K. LEARNING GROUNDS FOR SOOOOOOO MANY REASONS !!!

Let me tell you all something "TRULY GREAT ARMWRESTLERS" should be measured on their CONSISTENCY of Results, at lots and LOTS of events, over a long period of time, don't plan your career in the Sport around a few ONE HIT WONDERS guys.

Once your adapt the table shyness Gene, its VERY HARD to shake it as you can easily fall off the Pace & struggle to get back to a full Gallop again, physically OR MENTALLY.

Here is a little true story for you all :

Ronnie Coleman visited Bulgaria, & whilst there was introduced to The Bulgarian Premier (Prime Minister / President) who asked him :

"Ronnie, what is you're Best Bench Press !?"

Coleman (some might say for obvious reasons) answered "Well, its 300KG., BUT NOT NOW !..........why whats yours !?"

The Bulgarian Premier's answer was short yet very insightful :

"its around 150KG.................BUT NOW !!!" Very Happy Wink Wink

That story is true.

IF YOU WANT TO GET BETTER & EARN RESPECT..............................BE THERE AND DO THE THING, NOT ONE DAY.............but on THE DAYS Wink

Cheers

Neil Wink

Last edited by KING EDWARD on Tue 28 Feb - 10:04; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 9:45

Wow sounds like you got something of your chest pal lol

Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 9:54

ABSOLUTELY.

Everybody wants to improve.......RIGHT Question Exclamation Rolling Eyes No Rolling Eyes yet soooo many U.K. Pullers continuely, pass up on attending on the Days that would ultimately allow them to achieve that end Question Exclamation

Its a shame mate, as the water line rises.........SO WILL ALL THE SHIPS WHICH SAIL UPON IT.......................END OF !!!

Cheers

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 11:09

paul maiden wrote:
Did Paul beat Kirlew or Mitchell?

He didn't but he'd have had a good chance. It's also the luck of the draw... Dorahov got 8th for example but only because he lost to the top 2 quite early on.
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 16:09

Paul has a lot of promise but with kirlew,Mitchell who he recent lost to and Arthur wondered which one he beat get to finals
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 16:33

paul maiden wrote:
Paul has a lot of promise but with kirlew,Mitchell who he recent lost to and Arthur wondered which one he beat get to finals

I don't think he beat any of them but it's all about the luck of the draw. I've come out above people better then me in comps because of the luck of the draw.. that's one of the things I like about open tournaments... sometimes you get a good draw and sometimes you get a bad one.
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 16:42

THAT theory only works up to 3rd Place.

VERY HARD in a Big field to Razzle your way to Silver or Gold

Cheers

Neil
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 16:50

KING EDWARD wrote:
THAT theory only works up to 3rd Place.

VERY HARD in a Big field to Razzle your way to Silver or Gold

Cheers

Neil

Yes I agree. The top 2 usually come out to the top but under that there's luck involved.
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 19:00

Hey Neil, seeing as you named me personally in your post and said "it's a shame I didn't feel the need to get my feet wet" before explaining why you feel everyone should be putting your open draw events at the front of their aw calendar and making them our main commitment, while I appreciate the spirit of what you've written I'm going to comment.

In a perfect world I'd attend every open draw event in the UK. I can't speak for Anthony the other guys who pull with the MILITIA or the guys at Team Power but I'd imagine they feel similarly and don't shy away from events.

As it stands in reality until this year, I've attended EVERY SINGLE open class event you've put on since I started arm wrestling bar JUST ONE;

British 2008 (spectating then and the aw bug bit - started training at MK a month after)
New Year Cup 2009 - entered
British 2009 (spectating as injured but went along to help team mates from MK anyway)
British Novice 2009 (couldnt attend as in France on family summer holiday - only one I've not attended)
New Year Cup 2010 - entered
British 2010 - entered
British Novice 2010 - entered
New Year Cup 2011 - entered
British 2011 - entered
British Novice 2011 - entered

Off the top of my head I think the list of people who've even attended every one of those events never mind entered most of them would be very low.

In that period I've also gone up to Manchester three times to watch Arm Wars and pull on the side table, pulled at two Rossendale events and the fledgling Milton Keynes comp where I had two supermatches (and notably afaik NO pullers north of Birmingham showed up to support the event bar Alan Greaves). I regret not being able to attend the Preston Panthers competitions thus far, but it's always held on the one Saturday in early summer I have to be concentrating on work related matters at a large show my company sponsors, but as it's been set at a different time this year I plan to make it.

So getting back to the present, these last four weeks I've been really sore (from going a bit too far pulling with the best pullers I could on the side table till after Rampage 5 finished and we had to leave the gym) and actually trying to have a bit of a break from arm wrestling for a few weeks at least while I wait for the Mazurenko table I bought for our club to train on to actually turn up so I can get the weekly training sessions going again. I still wanted to attend the New Year cup this year and "get my feet wet" or at the very least spectate and do some side pulling, but I couldn't find a way of getting to the Crofters (which is a 310 mile round trip for me every time), without getting up before I'd even gone to bed and/or spending £100+ on trains and taxis, so had no choice but to give it a miss this one time.

Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 19:34

I like the open events Very Happy
Over the last 10 years I have entered most of them and have finished most of them in the top three Very Happy
But every year the class of wrestling gets better and harder affraid
If I did't train and take part I would drop like a lead brick.
Try your best to enter and if you get a big class the better. Even if you don't make top three it's the best training day you will ever have Very Happy
I picked up a injury on my left arm a few years back and was out on the left for 18 months and I'm still trying to catch up and proberbly never will but I still pull with it and it herts like hell. But its the only way I will get back on form
Train hard and take part if you can Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freak
Gold member
Gold member
Freak

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS EmptyTue 28 Feb - 19:57

I would have loved to have gone to the NYC, however, it's £60 just in fuel to get me there and back, then my entry fee and thats before i've even thought about food or drink.
I haven't purposely skipped any events, I just simply cannot afford to attend some of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS   NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW YEAR CUP RESULTS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next