U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???

Go down 
+3
the machine
jimmy savel
NickHall
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? Empty
PostSubject: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptyWed 17 Dec - 20:40

steven kirlew v andy barker ...if this match ever took place who would win Question it would be a right arm match...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
jimmy savel
pro
pro

steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptyFri 26 Dec - 15:09

Andy wuld win IMO easily Steven all though now very very good wouldnt get threw Andys defence andy is also very fast if he uses his hit 6-0 andy il set this up for a bet of £500 if anbody wants to take it???
Back to top Go down
the machine
pro
pro
the machine

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptySat 27 Dec - 10:19

if i had £500 id bet against you paul lol! i think steve would take that match
Back to top Go down
wiSë™
pro
pro
wiSë™

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptyFri 9 Jan - 18:13

Laughing

We'll see.... get ur $$$ ready!
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptySat 10 Jan - 13:20

Andy DONT LOOSE bud i took all my pennies out the bank for this 1 jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptyMon 16 Nov - 12:59

I turned down a match against Andy in Jan 2010 as I don't think it would be a very good match now. He would win and I would get hurt. I can't handle his top roll move..my wrist isn't strong enough and never will be. I'm strong and getting much stronger now that I'm training hard again but Andy's too big and strong now. I believe I had a good chance of beating him when I said I could but not now he's much stronger and much bigger. I might think about it next year if the weight limit was 78 or 80kg...
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptyMon 16 Nov - 14:05

Steven & Andy are two of our best Armwrestlers not just right now..............last year or next month..........EVER !!!

Both have been medallists at numerous EAF & WAF World Championships, Bronze in Steve's case 2 x Silver in Andy's case.

As recently as last month Andy BOSSED some of the best Eastern European Athletes and simply outclassed them technically creating issues for even the elite level SUPER MODIFIED athletes for which Nemiroff Cup is so famous. He walked around backstage with the visible respect of every athlete in the class after only his second win of the day as it was suddenly apparent that "Wise Grip" was back on the circuit.

Along with the EXCEPTIONAL Mr. Sanders, Andy has been a Flag Ship British Light Middleweight since the mid 90's, he has been there, seen it, done it won it, designed and sold the f*ckin T Shirt.

He is a Hot Tempered, Nasty, Aggressive, no Ass havin petulent B*stard at the best of times too...........which doesn't make him any easier to deal with and sometimes works against him BUT thats the man, END OF.

Steve in my experience is a very honest lad, confident for sure (which I actually like about him & respect, incidentally) but ultimately honest & with a tendancy to back up his boasts.

He is however right on the money about this match and Andy as an opponent.

Andy would be entirely too much ANYWHERE for Steve, as he has a very VERY STRONG HOOK game to compliment one of the best Top Roll's in the World at his or any other weight.

I honestly think that Steve had simply read way too much into the performance of Andy Barker after he was VERY tired at ARM WARS "IRON CURTAIN" following a dominating win over a FRESH AS A DAISY "RELENTLESS" FRODE HAUGLAND to win 4 - 2 !

For anyone out there who felt that the Frode that showed up in Manchester at ARM WARS "MIGHTY QUEST" was any different to the one who pulled in Blackburn in Jan at "IRON CURTAIN".................give your heads a Wobble Laughing !!! I know Frode VERY WELL and have been extremely aware of exactly how strong he is for the last 2 years (thats why I invited him over to pull), I also pulled him personally after both events and on numerous occasions previously. He hasn't really changed at all and his level was consistent at both events. The only difference was that in round one of the "IRON CURTAIN" he ran into a back to form "Wiseman" who whilst still improving and getting progressively BIGGER & STRONGER is of "FreaKShop" origin, can Armwrestle as well as he breathes and is NO F*CKING JOKE !!!

I know that for a fact..............trust me.............I trained him from a Pup and pull with him week in and week out.

Steve, is one of the few lads that would have come on here and posted what he has and everyones hats should be off to the lad for that alone if they are not already, as its a classy and very honest post.

Andy is just too big and stylistically a bad match for most men, he is very difficult to deal with and if he continues to progress as he seems to be at the moment Andy will be a HUGE hurdle for anyone at any weight who is tasked with beating his Lanky Asslessness.

Bad Bet Diesel Very Happy put that wallet away mate Very Happy & keep saving for the Worlds next year.

Steve, has nothing at all to prove and I for one am looking forward to seeing him fit and pulling at his best again in 2010 along with Andy, the British Team is FAR STRONGER for having these two men in it for sure.

Cheers

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptyMon 16 Nov - 19:07

Lanky Asslessness., now thats funny. Neil is definatly the pam ayres of the armwrestling world. Shocked

i hope im not the only one who remebers Pam Ayres ?
Back to top Go down
wiSë™
pro
pro
wiSë™

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptyMon 16 Nov - 19:20

KING EDWARD wrote:
…respect of every athlete in the class after only his second win of the day as it was suddenly apparent that "WiseGrip" was back on the circuit.

Surely not!

Steve– Thanks for your very honest response to this - it was a match that I was hearing people wanted - and to be honest I was well up for it myself, a stepping stone on me 'getting back' to the top…

I even pestered Neil to set it up a special 'hook' supermatch- but he assured me that two of Britain's best as seen on Eurosport 'beating' eachother up wouldn't look good for the sport - which I agree with...

Having piled on the pounds (not in all the right places mind), It wouldn't be a fair matchup now anyways - my days of 80Kgs will only appear for VERY special occassions from now on Razz

Good luck with your training Steve, I'm sure we'll hook up sometime Wink
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? EmptyThu 19 Nov - 16:59

wiSë™ wrote:
KING EDWARD wrote:
…respect of every athlete in the class after only his second win of the day as it was suddenly apparent that "WiseGrip" was back on the circuit.

Surely not!

Steve– Thanks for your very honest response to this - it was a match that I was hearing people wanted - and to be honest I was well up for it myself, a stepping stone on me 'getting back' to the top…

I even pestered Neil to set it up a special 'hook' supermatch- but he assured me that two of Britain's best as seen on Eurosport 'beating' eachother up wouldn't look good for the sport - which I agree with...

Having piled on the pounds (not in all the right places mind), It wouldn't be a fair matchup now anyways - my days of 80Kgs will only appear for VERY special occassions from now on Razz

Good luck with your training Steve, I'm sure we'll hook up sometime Wink

Thanks Andy. I think you're right. Good luck for 2010 and I'll see you soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???   steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

steven kirlew v andy barker ??if this match ever took place who would win ???
Page 1 of 1