U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest Empty
PostSubject: Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest   Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest EmptyFri 4 Mar - 11:46

Up to the NYC i had managed to do a bit of hands n wrist training probably 4 times a week., just for about 15 -30 mins and had manged after about 3 sets to do 240ld wrist curls on a thick bar (2 handed) for 10-15 reps...

I rested for a full week up to NYC and also for a full week afterwards. I tried the wrist curls again and was really struggling with half that weight !!! Whats that about !!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest   Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest EmptyFri 4 Mar - 12:33

Probably a culmination of different things but be careful of attempting wrist curls with your
max load if you've not gradually built up wrist and tendon strength already.
I personally would only attempt a personal best every 2 weeks, you'd be amazed at
how much power is lost after your first attempt (about 20%).
Also make sure when attempting P.B. wrist curls that you are doing so from fresh following
a very light warm up.
All activities and training affects forearm strength (training, arm wrestling, driving,writing e.t.c.)
therefore it is not uncommon for your forearms to have different levels of power from week to week.
From your own case m8 it sounds like your arms are still tired from the N.Y.C., i would have given my wrists
at least 2 weeks before going all out on them again. afro
Back to top Go down
david harrison
pro
pro
david harrison

PostSubject: Re: Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest   Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest EmptyFri 4 Mar - 22:50

i was looking last week on a web site thats says that tendos take up to 2 weeks to heal proper wen sore mate so like mark said go lite for a 2 weeks try it a gen worth a shoot
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest   Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest EmptySat 5 Mar - 16:10

rest dean it will be back in a few weeks dont forget you pull nyc then a week later your training day

armwrestling takes a lot out of you arms...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest   Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest EmptyTue 8 Mar - 11:11

Dont rest for a full week go thre w the motions week into the comp and week out of comp,also as Nick said comp,and tyraining day it will be around early next week you will beat those numbers? let me no bud
Back to top Go down
alankar
alankar

PostSubject: Re: Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest   Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest EmptyThu 10 Mar - 7:23

u should focus on tendons strength for wrist lock while locking rather than curling and reverse grip wrist curls are also important for protecting wrist from injuries
and after all that top is practicing in bench for wrist lock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest   Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand and Wrist Train ing Power loss after rest
Page 1 of 1