U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Table Time 2011

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 18 Dec - 8:46

Hi guys as from now on i've decided to do table time once every 2 weeks, this way i am near the 100 % mark when i pull and i can try to get rid of this horrible toothache in my left. Also i think it will be a steady gain in strength for me rather than destroying my tendons every week. Does anyone think that this is a good idea or think that i may lose a bit of strength through not going on the table as much Question
Back to top Go down

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 18 Dec - 10:51

It definitely varies from one individual to another m8 but for me it's important to have
regular table time or i get toothache at each visit.
While muscle strength will most certainly develop, it's important to keep those tendons strong
and ready to pull at any time.
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 18 Dec - 14:03

Good point mate. I find if i pull once a week i feel strong but my tendons feel tired, but if i rest for 2 weeks after a hard session i feel alot fresher and stronger, so i will see how it goes. I've got a feeling its the right thing to do at this moment in time Cool
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 18 Dec - 14:29

I could pull a 2hr+ session once a week/every week, but feel fresher & stronger with 10-14 days AW rest. depends on many things, incl other training, work, recovery rates etc...

Do what suits you best mate!
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 18 Dec - 14:41

Yes Anthony, i think i will kill 2 birds with stone here mate cos as you know i'm starting BJJ next week so i think with the rest i will be better at that and Armwrestling. As you know its hard to mix any combat sport with Armwrestling but think if its done right it can be done but we will see... you should try this way of training as well Anthony and you might be able to do the 2 sports that you love without getting injured. I don't think the efforts i put in the sports will be in vain but as i said we will see... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptyThu 23 Dec - 10:02

Well guys did my first BJJ training session yesterday and i'm a little beat up today but it was awsome. The best part is my elbows didn't hurt so i think table time once every two weeks for me is the key and i would advise this to anyone who wants to do Armwrestling and another combat sport. The rest of my training in the week is purely for Armwrestling wrist curls, pull ups etc and it seems to be working affraid
Back to top Go down
Tony the Tank
Tony the Tank

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptyThu 23 Dec - 20:44

Pete every 2 weeks on the Saturday is perfect for me bud, I also agree that a good 2 weeks AW rest will defo help all our performances and progression, this might sound dumb but what is bjj training mate?
I've been doing a lot of cardio training recently and trying to get under that 90k class for next year, done muay Thai and boxing for years so just doing a bit of mma to keep the fitness levels up and waist trim Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freak
Gold member
Gold member
Freak

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptyThu 23 Dec - 22:32

bjj is brazilian jiu jitsu matey
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptyFri 24 Dec - 9:37

Yes Tony BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) is a grapplin sport/martial art that most of the mma fighters use to submit their opponent, so when you see an mma guy strangle, leg lock, arm bar etc that is BJJ mate. Yeah it is defo the way forward pulling once every 2 weeks for us guys that want to kick sombodies a** and also compete in Armwrestling i think Laughing . Here are the dates we will be pulling in 2011 up to the NYC-8/1/11, 22/1/11, 5/2/11 and maybe 12/2/11 (1 week before the comp) depending on how everybody feels, hope you can make it pal Cool
Back to top Go down
Tony the Tank
Tony the Tank

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptyFri 24 Dec - 20:02

Thanks guys!! Pete im looking so forward to starting the new year after a nice long rest in teneriffe! I better take my running shoes or I'll come back looking like a turkey, ha! Team power all the way to the new year cup mate!
Mike Alex have some good rest and let's go for it next year boys!
Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone also! santa
Back to top Go down
Freak
Gold member
Gold member
Freak

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 25 Dec - 0:48

team power gonna do some damage in 2011 COME GET SOME!
Razz merry xmas all santa
Back to top Go down

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySun 26 Dec - 20:52

On my way. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptyThu 30 Dec - 17:23

if your going to do various sports then every 2 weeks is a sensible idea as armwrestling will be just another sport that your doing,if your training to be the best armwrestler at your current level i would say weekly training would be better for you as you have as do most others a little bit to learn,you have the potential to be great but imo sacrficing your table training isnt the smartest thing to do,you are by far the strongest in your club so you could use your club training as a defence training and on the week your club isnt training go to a stronger club were you can mainly use your attack so in theory your having a light seesssion and a heavy session but not missing which is the key.

once you have progressed i would say every 2 weeks would be fine,as i and a few others have used it well but i have to admitt most of the best pullers Pickup,Knowles,Rogers,Ham do pull weekly i would learn the trade more first pal

If i was a novice i would say train weekly if you dont you will struggle to progress it doesnt have to be muscle thats grows but the brain,if you was to practice karate 1 time every 2 weeks would you remember what had been taught? or would you benifit from the session and become great?
NO

but like i say its up to you or were you want to become in the sport

Good luck and hope to see you soon
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptyFri 31 Dec - 12:13

Hi Paul, that is a very good and fair point which i agree with to an extent mate. However Armwrestling is my Number 1 sport and have been doing it for over 2 years now which i sacrificed Judo for as there is so many injuries in it. Therefore i know my limits as far as table time is concerned because i have also been injured several times.
If i wanted too i could Armwrestle every week but be sore for the next week so i could never pull in certain angles without aching but i would still manage to practice pull ups, press ups, wrist curls etc once a week. Now i practice table time once every 2 weeks i can practice pull ups, press ups, wrist curls etc roughly 3-4 times more because my elbows are healed and i also feel fresh as a daisy when it comes too table time in all areas.
I can see what your sayin about getting better technically on the table and obviously the more you Armwrestle the better you become but i wouldn't compare Armwrestling to Martial Arts. I know there are alot of techniques in Armwrestling but no where near as many as there is in Karate/Judo/BJJ etc so yeah it would be impossible to get good at these sports/Martial Arts practicing them once every 2 weeks.
Also as far as the the guys i train with are concerned, i told them i would be happy to have the training on once a week for them and they can pull whilst i take a back seat...
Recently Alex came 2nd at the British Novice with the use of an awsome top roll/back pressure in an experienced tough class and he trains once every 2 weeks.
I know how experienced you are Paul and i still use alot of your training methods every time i go on the table, its just the advantages and disadvantages of pulling once every 2 weeks out weigh the ones pulling once a week for me.
Anyways hope to see you soon aswell pal and all the best for 2011 Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 1 Jan - 14:06

The Power wrote:
Hi Paul, that is a very good and fair point which i agree with to an extent mate. However Armwrestling is my Number 1 sport and have been doing it for over 2 years now which i sacrificed Judo for as there is so many injuries in it. Therefore i know my limits as far as table time is concerned because i have also been injured several times.
If i wanted too i could Armwrestle every week but be sore for the next week so i could never pull in certain angles without aching but i would still manage to practice pull ups, press ups, wrist curls etc once a week. Now i practice table time once every 2 weeks i can practice pull ups, press ups, wrist curls etc roughly 3-4 times more because my elbows are healed and i also feel fresh as a daisy when it comes too table time in all areas.
I can see what your sayin about getting better technically on the table and obviously the more you Armwrestle the better you become but i wouldn't compare Armwrestling to Martial Arts. I know there are alot of techniques in Armwrestling but no where near as many as there is in Karate/Judo/BJJ etc so yeah it would be impossible to get good at these sports/Martial Arts practicing them once every 2 weeks.
Also as far as the the guys i train with are concerned, i told them i would be happy to have the training on once a week for them and they can pull whilst i take a back seat...
Recently Alex came 2nd at the British Novice with the use of an awsome top roll/back pressure in an experienced tough class and he trains once every 2 weeks.
I know how experienced you are Paul and i still use alot of your training methods every time i go on the table, its just the advantages and disadvantages of pulling once every 2 weeks out weigh the ones pulling once a week for me.
Anyways hope to see you soon aswell pal and all the best for 2011 Very Happy Very Happy

Hi
Peter
thats a fair point and i respect your views buddy,but if i may i would like to just go on with myself a little Sleep

I think if i was acess your level from watching and training with you,you have great explosive strength,very postive attitude and a will to win these are trates needed to suceed but please take this as me talking as a coach and with respect,when we trained together for the 3 weeks you showed very quick response in learning what had been taught to you and you used in practice,but we ceased training together around 6 week before the Stan match and your tech was poor on the day and you didnt reseamable the Peter the weeks prior,now i put this down to you possible forgetting the basics i taught you,which says to me the inportance of weekly training at your current abilty.Which imo is mid/high level of the current crop of good pullers,the trouble is to many people struggle to pull a proper armwrestling match and simply no a hook,or toproll with small variations,but armwrestling is so much more it has so much alike to martial arts when the table is masterd so to speak,side pressure is a jab,down pressure could be a front kick,a can opener could be a triangle choke,each movement in a armwrestle when a full aray of techs are avaiable at your desposal from a movement in finger pressure,back pressure,side pressure,reversal,bone lining,angles,breathing,timing.wraping the thumb.not wrapping,high grip,low grip,elbow,postion front,back,side and these are just a few things used it may not sound much but each are still a tech used and thats without talking about counters,starts, blah blah blah

So for me for you to progress to the level you wish to acheive i think if you stick to your training every 2weeks then maybe you could go to Nicks or Neils for just tech training which is what i feel is all you need to take your first British title pal,without this it will take a little longer but i have no doubts that you will reach your goals.
Please take this a a armwrestler trying help another pal any help you need dont be afraid to ask
see you at the cup bud,what weight you pulling there?
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 1 Jan - 18:18

I'd have to say that Stan prevented me from enforcing my technique so i woudln't call it poor mate but i know theres a big room for improvment as i'm not the most technical Armwrestler at this stage. Theirs guys similiar strength to me that i can do various techniques on so i'm happy with my style and achievments up to now in my Armwrestling career.
I think with the Armwrestling being similar to Martial Arts we'll have to agree to disagree there pal, but hey everyone has an opinion. No offence taken Paul its water off a ducks back Very Happy

I'm a lean and mean 89 kg at the moment Twisted Evil so i may be in the 90s at the NYC but i don't know what the weight classes are yet
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 EmptySat 1 Jan - 20:08

Glad your taking no offence pal as I've said before you have a great deal of potential,as for Stan match watching the match seemed you never changed direction in your hit pal, but weeks prior you tried every angle/ move in sun with me anyhow best of luck enough said,

89kg new year cup normally every ten kg but I think Neils doing his format from the emails sent out a while ago I think your in a 8 man class better ask Neil tho
sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Table Time 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table Time 2011   Table Time 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Table Time 2011
Page 1 of 1