U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with Dean Scarsbrook

Go down 
+4
Anthony
david horne
Rimner!
MIGHTY PAUL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

Interview with Dean Scarsbrook Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyWed 17 Nov - 13:28

INTERVIEW WITH DEAN SCARSBROOK

Q Hi Dean can you tell us your date of birth and were you was born?
A
I was born in April 1968, in Leicester.

Q How long have you been wrestling now and why did you decide to get into the sport
A
Im sure like lots of you guys, I noticed from a young age that I was stronger Armwise than other people. Done the pubs and clubs bit, but never really got into it until 2007, when after quite a few years of serious illness I took my son down to Milton Keynes club for him to have a go. There I met Steve Kirlew and the guys. And within a few weeks id got the Bug… 

Q You spent your early career with the milton keynes club,who was your toughest sparring partner there and why?
A
A difficult question… the great thing about MK was the huge range of different kinds of pullers, all of which would test different areas.. Ali Khan from pakistan was a tough cookie..

Q you are known for your crazy hook power have you always had great strength?
A
Like a few of the guys, I had 16 years in martial Arts / Judo which stood me in good stead for Power.

Q a little bird told me you once weighed 90kg is this true? and if so how did you lose the weight?
A
I love the way things get exaggerated !!! when I went to mk for the first time I was just under 75kg ( see the old post ste kirlew put on from 3 and a half years ago) but that’s because id been ill and not had much exercise, and drugs did a lot of that. That’s the heaviest ive ever weighed in my life.

Q its a well known fact that you have a illness that seriously affects your sleeping pattern for those of us that dont no the story behind it can you please tell us a little about it and how it affects you?
A
I Do. Its not actually my sleeping pattern as such. It’s an illness caused by Encephalitis ( acute inflammation of the brain ) caused by a virus I had nearly 6 years ago. I also hit my head the same week so the actual cause is still unknown. It makes it impossible for me make the transition to and from sleep without having a very rare type of “ seizure” called Propriospinal Myoclonus at sleep onset. I have not been able to sleep without drugs for nearly 6 years and it turned my life upside down.

Q now you have beaten all the lightweights in the country from Knowles,Wilson and Rogers can you tell us why your rise to stardom has happend so quickly?
A
im 42… that’s Hardly quick ! .
I tried hard to train for each particular guy I have pulled. All of them have different strengths and weaknesses ( although the only way I was going to beat Steve Rogers was with more power as his weaknesses are very limited ) . And build my defense / Attack toward that weakness.

Q Who has been your toughest battle and why?
A
Without a doubt, especially mentally it would be Ted. He was always the guy I would worry about. He had a Style I found very awkward which took some working out. Earlier on I used to have a girls wrist, and Ted was good with Girls wrists.. 

Q What are your aims left in the sport its very hard for you to travel but is there a chance we could see you pull a worlds?
A
To be honest I am happy to be able to turn up at any competition and feel good. If I feel good on that particular day I will Pull. I love doing it for the enjoyment I get from from Armwrestling, and meeting some great people. I would love to pull a worlds or Nemiroff world cup… and if things go ok then I will do it. 60kg worlds 63kg Nemiroff.

Q A few people have questioned your guts in not travelling abroad and people even close to you have said this like Ste Kirlew your former coach whats your reaction to these rumours?
A
Im old enough and ugly enough to let people think what they want to think. Nobody wears my shoes as I don’t wear anybody elses. Steve Kirlew was the best thing that happened to me in the Armwrestling world, and he just didn’t realize the full concept of my illness as it wasn’t something I talked about too much.

Q you have a great hook how have you trained it to be so devastating?
A
Static holds, ( using a hammer curl bar one handed ) and hanging from a bar via my wrists with a weighted rucksack whilst doing negatives to failure. ( probably 8 sets over hour and a half, 15 – 25 seconds per set). Around 75-85kg in the bag. Warmup sets 25kg ish

Q Whats been your favorite exercise you think has built you your most power? and why?
A
Got to be the Rucksack negatives… Do it and youll understand why.

Q Do you use supplements if yes what?
A
Na…. sorry. I took 1 tub of protein powder before the last british Pro, but that it.

Q you have a upcoming match with Paul Waters at the rampage in the next 3 weeks can you tell us your views on the match and how you have been preparing for it?
A
Funny you ask that as ive just came away from the dvd player after watching paul very carefully. He will be like a supersized Ted on speed. Hes grown up into a big powerfull guy who knows exactly what hes doing. Ive tried to concentrate very hard on hand and wrist, and to be honest ill just try and do what I do best.

Q finally what are your goals for 2011?
A
Another British Title would be nice..

thankyou Dean

Thankyou paul.

Back to top Go down
Rimner!
pro
pro
Rimner!

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyWed 17 Nov - 13:36

Great read dean! Lookin forward to seein u n paul at rampage!
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyWed 17 Nov - 13:53

Mark Clay/JUlian Cini interview coming next week
Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyWed 17 Nov - 15:27

Yep good read that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyThu 18 Nov - 0:15

Enjoyed that very much.
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyThu 18 Nov - 8:58

great read, thx paul (& dean).
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyThu 18 Nov - 18:59

NICE ONE cheers
Back to top Go down
James Green
pro
pro
James Green

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyFri 19 Nov - 21:57

Good interview there Dean and some impressive stats...
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptyFri 19 Nov - 22:50

Id like to see one done with Barry Knowles...
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptySat 20 Nov - 13:35

Barry Knowles will be COMING SOON Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook EmptySat 20 Nov - 16:18

good read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Dean Scarsbrook   Interview with Dean Scarsbrook Empty

Back to top Go down

Interview with Dean Scarsbrook
Page 1 of 1