U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!

Go down 
+3
MIGHTY PAUL
Rimner!
Dean
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! Empty
PostSubject: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyMon 15 Nov - 18:17

Back to top Go down
Rimner!
pro
pro
Rimner!

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyMon 15 Nov - 21:08

WOW! Impressive stuff! Whats the weight difference? Both ted and mark looked mega!
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyMon 15 Nov - 21:20

Rimner! wrote:
WOW! Impressive stuff! Whats the weight difference? Both ted and mark looked mega!

9kg after speaking to the lads Mark was 82kg Ted 73kg

great match
Back to top Go down
Rimner!
pro
pro
Rimner!

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyMon 15 Nov - 21:23

im kicking myself now! I wish i could come...if the mother hadnt of attempted to cook the kitchen and burn it to the ground i'd be there! :/
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 9:20

Soooo Close, could have gone either way.. if Mark hadnt have pressed in the final second Ted would very likely have got it i thought....

Mega Match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 9:42

Ted had phenomenal back pressure and was able to keep the pressure on
my fingers right from the start.
I enjoyed the pull very much, like Dean said, if i hadn't gone for the press
Ted would have taken the win.
Well done m8, look forward to having a pull with you again champ.
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 9:45

That back pressure of Teds into the fingers is a real killer, but your hand and wrist work must be doing you the world of good mark... cos to keep it as you did for so long was wicked... and to loose position to Ted and get back into it deserves some respect...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 9:55

Thanks m8, i'm just happy my wrist didn't let me down this time.
I've had a few visits to the hospital this year because of it with another two
scheduled for the end of November and the beginning of December.
Other than that it seems to be at about 80% which is the best it's been
for a looooong time.
There's less pain in the joint which is what probably contributed to me deciding
to go into a press.
My training seems to be helping, so it will continue in the same manner.
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 13:04

What i liked was Mark never let up and kept Ted of his arm all the time very good pulling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 13:42

awesome match
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 14:53

one the best single pulls I've seen, certainly top 3 that I've watched live...great display guys.
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 16:17

A match of two halves.

First Start Ted pulled EXCEPTIONALLY well, Mark made a slight mistake and Ted capitalized almost immediately and would have taken the match in my opinion had it continued. Ted is one of the most technically well rounded and advanced Armwrestlers EVER from great Britain without doubt and that was with extremely limited table time for 2 years. GREAT LITTLE PULLER.

Mark did the smart thing and got the F*CK out of Dodge..............and got the restart.

Second start in straps Mark pulled EXCEPTIONALLY well, Ted made a slight mistake (slightly too low in the shoulder and when he took the wrist he sat up too soon with Marks arm still on the A side allowing his hand to become inverted) and Mr. Clay capitalized extremely diligently he moved in a controlled smooth fashion which made the movement appear faster than it probably felt (it was extremely methodical and calculated) and from there he executed the text book Dead Wrist press and took the match. TECHNICALLY IMMACULATE by the War Lord Jock. LOVED THAT. MAGNIFICENT STUFF.

Cheers

Neil Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 18:04

Any more of this and my head won't get out the door, thanks lads for your comments and
Neil for the write up, i wish i could blush. lol! lol! lol!
Respect to Ted 'The Elf' Wilson for an outstanding display of a.w.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! EmptyTue 16 Nov - 19:40

great match up Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!   Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mark Clay v Ted Wilson... Wot a Match !!!
Page 1 of 1