U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET

Go down 
+21
Dave Shaw
Rob frampton
shaun 30
Freak
The Journey Man
Pete
melvyn
Nathan
dan
Rimner!
THE POWER
Donald Fraser
ricky
Dean
MIGHTY PAUL
Anthony
NickHall
Anil Najran - BB team
The Aggressor
Leon
KING EDWARD
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Sep - 11:23

haha, well in lads. cheers
Back to top Go down
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Sep - 21:37

Amy more info on the pin strategy ie one pin or best of 3
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Sep - 21:38

i would of thought one pin.. scratch but not sure..
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Sep - 21:44

Neil will probably decide on the day depending on how many entrants
there are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Sep - 23:07

Unless it's changed since last year then it should be best of 3.
The novice lads need the opportunity to pull as much as possible as
do more novice comps need to be set up for there benefit. (Regional events)
I can see a lot of novice pullers being put off if this is run over 1 pin.
Back to top Go down
THE POWER
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 8:05

God of War wrote:
Unless it's changed since last year then it should be best of 3.
The novice lads need the opportunity to pull as much as possible as
do more novice comps need to be set up for there benefit. (Regional events)
I can see a lot of novice pullers being put off if this is run over 1 pin.

Mark, i can see what your saying mate that they need the table time but i think 3 pins is too much for 1 match because if it's a war they will almost certainly be burn't out for there next match and when they are tired thats when puller's start getting in funny positions then accidents can happen. I think the match's should be if you get 2 pins then you're the winner, only having to pull for a third time if the score is 1-1 or simply have it as 1 pin win but for the final you have to pin them twice (which i would prefer). Like i said before, i can see what you mean mate that they need the experience and i agree but i'm just looking at the safety aspect of things because if Alex or Andy get injured it will be a nightmare for them as they are both very keen Armwrestler's Cool
Back to top Go down
ricky
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ricky

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 9:42

Personally as a novice i am looking to pull as many times as possible at this event, so best of 3 would be good for me.
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 10:14

3 pins all day baby.

Also I may pull 95's instead of 80's...I could make 80, but not sure I can be arsed and I fully intend to be adding some muscle over the next 5-6 weeks.

Anyone else think that's a big jump?

Either way I know I'll have a crack and learn as I go.
Back to top Go down
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 11:58

I agree with peter avin ti do 12 or more pins is Gona mean very sore arms for the novices who haven't had wars before
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 13:59

Hey guys, could anyone give me some advice please. I am new to the sport and not had any table experience before and was wondering would it be worth while coming to the novice comp to get some experience? There is nothing around my area for me to get experience. Any advice or help to get me into the sport would be extremely appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 14:11

thenatural,
Developing thro competition is great, but it could be a steep curving curve if you've had relatively little table time. I'd certainly suggest entering the novice comp, but reccomend some good practice first. The comp practice table is also a great tool as most pullers (pro & novice) will be respectful & willing to help you out.

Where abouts do you live?
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 14:17

Thanks for replying mate. I live in Stoke on Trent.
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 14:52

Coming south there's Craig Sanders in Bham and David Horne in Stafford. Both have helped me on my way...Not sure if there's anyone closer.

I train with Craig and the rest of the Birmingham Bullet hoodlems. There's a few novices, me included and Craig is a super nice chap. If your interested, I'd say the best thing is to give him a call. His details are in the club section.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 17:15

Peter i fully agree that safety is of great importance but if the novice lads don't get
opportunity to experience the intensity of wars and the need for endurance then
they'll never know exactly how much training is required of them in order to step
up to the next level.
Your match with me last year is the perfect example of this.
As a result of our encounter we were both able to better gauge the level of training
required and thus become better arm wrestlers.
The referees will be there monitoring the safety issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 17:19

Ricky and Anthony, that's the right attitude.
Pull your socks off guys and you will improve.
Alex if you want to be good m8 then having a couple of pulls will
get you there but if you want to be the best then you must not short
change yourself, train harder and pull more than the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 17:22

thenatural, it will be of great benefit to you to attend the british novice m8.
You will gain a wealth of experience at this event and there will be plenty of pro's
in attendance who would be more than glad to help you.
Back to top Go down
THE POWER
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 20:12

Fair point Mark. However my opinion stays the same but whatever Neil decides i'll respect that and try to get the novice lad's i train with to do the best they can... Good luck to all taking part Very Happy
Back to top Go down
melvyn
Silver Member
Silver Member
melvyn

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 20:20

Good luck to all entering in the comp , train hard pull safe and god speed cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 21:15

thenatural wrote:
Hey guys, could anyone give me some advice please. I am new to the sport and not had any table experience before and was wondering would it be worth while coming to the novice comp to get some experience? There is nothing around my area for me to get experience. Any advice or help to get me into the sport would be extremely appreciated. Thanks

get to the novice comp
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 21:40

Cheers guys ill be there won't make 95 though be about 90-92 will this be a prob ?
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 21:42

you will be in the under 95 kilo class..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 21:46

It won't be a problem m8, you'll still pull -95 along with a lot of lighter lads.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 22:12

Bit worried as never been on a table before
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 22:15

go & watch have a go on the pratice table..
Back to top Go down
ricky
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ricky

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Sep - 22:30

When you get there jump on the practice table and ask one of the pro's to show you the basics and you will be fine, no one is gonna rip your arm off Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next