U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET

Go down 
+21
Dave Shaw
Rob frampton
shaun 30
Freak
The Journey Man
Pete
melvyn
Nathan
dan
Rimner!
THE POWER
Donald Fraser
ricky
Dean
MIGHTY PAUL
Anthony
NickHall
Anil Najran - BB team
The Aggressor
Leon
KING EDWARD
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 9:03

Wayne just wants to win the british novice once and move to pro.. like it used to be.. Tom won then moved to pro. Scott Furguson won, then moved to pro.. which just used to be the way ... what changed ???

Mark Typed " People like Anil, Steve Harris and yourself should NOT be forced to compete at levels they are not yet ready for just
because they have performed well at an open competition unless they have shown consistentcy at the table." But these guys have got better results in comps than wayne ever has. how come they should be alloud to pull in the novice still but wayne shouldnt ?? he has only been pulling for less than 3 years. Many others have stayed in the novices for much longer than that.. As For consistancy.. wayne hasnt shown any yet . except constantly loosing in novice comps by silly mistakes..

No Offence Mr S... but you know that anyway... haha

Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 9:32

God of War wrote:

Nick you too, it's not like you to remain quiet, we need to here the input from seasoned pro's like
yourself .

i have two days off forum lol!

well a novice is a new guy getting into the sport

back in the 1990s the novice level was that high it was hard to get in the top 5 at a novice comp

i would change the rules on that its up to neil to sort that out

i will be doing a novice comp next year but there will only be novice allowed to enter that

i have had two keen novice lads get in contact with me one join the forum

tony from middleton & luke from darwen
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Dave Shaw
Gold member
Gold member
Dave Shaw

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 10:48

Good to hear you got a few new guys their Nick Very Happy

I think one or two problems in the sport maybe as far as regulating novice and amatuer comps....

there just isnt as many comps as there used to be.
Also work. I for one cant make the Novice or Rampage events due to being at work Crying or Very sad

The next comp for me is going to have to be New Year comp.

Back 10 years was training at the beer engine pub once a week and pulling in comps nearly every month.
( I believe the Beer engine pub is now a chinese restuarant)

Think we need to be looking at more or better ways to get out there and get more people men AND women into the sport.

If we all was members of your local rugby club for example then we would all be definatly training once a week at your local club and there would be a comp every month at least.

Maybe we need to gain numbers in our clubs and get a league set up Question then one club versus another with no fee to pay at event day, just pay a club fund every month Question
post some fliers around like" We need you" you know the old war cry posters get poeple intersted to meet up in a room get training then be having matches weekly or monthly with different clubs Question Question Idea

Obviously there would still be the main comps pro and novice ones.

What do you think Nick?

or have i got up to early??
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 11:11

dave, Pro... just need a bit of table time and youll be back in the swing...
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 12:01

SOUND GOOD DAVE..
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 16:07

Ok here we go you can be novice for 6 month thats it.
there is no pro lads were not paid end of.
we called pros, are really ams.
rules are simply do whay you want?

does this work? no!!!
will it get fixed? no!!!
will the debate get sorted out and good come of it? no

WHY because we need a group of trusted people sit down and discuss the best for OUR sport only then will progress be made

Lets see if we get any people step forward to discuss things at the rampage Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 16:21

paul maiden wrote:
Ok here we go you can be novice for 6 month thats it.
there is no pro lads were not paid end of.
we called pros, are really ams.
rules are simply do whay you want?

does this work? no!!!
will it get fixed? no!!!
will the debate get sorted out and good come of it? no

WHY because we need a group of trusted people sit down and discuss the best for OUR sport only then will progress be made

Lets see if we get any people step forward to discuss things at the rampage Question Question Question Question

well said paul
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 17:15

Spoke to Neil today. "Wayne is perfectly legitimately allowed to pull in the British novice as the rules are, you move to pro if you win British Novice..."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 17:51

Right, here we FUCKING go!!!!!!!!!!!
Dean wayne has been training and pulling for a LOT more than 3 years, you know it, i know it
and every cunt else knows it.
Paul, as for "will these issues EVER be resolved', your answer being NO.
I've made my position VERY clear about this subject, i will not stand back and watch ANY novice
be put at risk by pulling against anyone who has had decades of training.
If this is how these issues are to remain you can not only count my novices OUT of any future
events but you can also count me out and shove your british title up your ass....... END OF!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 19:00

Well well well hmmm were to start.
First of all i think by giving an apology to Dean and Wayne for my initial reaction but as i will explain, there
was just cause for.
I've just come off the phone after having a very lengthy conversation with Neil about the facts we have
been discussing and just as Dean said, Wayne has only been pulling for three years unfortunately with
little success.
This information which has been confirmed by Neil is however contrary to what i've been told by certain
individuals with whom i've had a great deal of contact with in my short time traveling to England.
As a result of these individuals filling my head with shite, it would be an understatement to say that i'm
upset, pissed the hell off would be more accurate.
I don't appreciate ANY FUCKER playing mind games with me and as a result of this new information, i
and my novice lads will be making an appearance at this years british novice comp.
Sorry for any upset.
Back to top Go down
Martin
Valued member
Valued member
Martin

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 19:06

Excellent news, it will be good to see you at the British.

Martin.
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 23:02

My turn.....

were is the rules that state anything? about the british novice or any novice event? or pro for that matter???

Dave shaw no your not a pro pal pull the novice charlie twigg 2007 2nd place right arm and 2007 left arm winner pulled it in 2009 after 2 years out so id say that says you can pull it after 10years

Last edited by paul maiden on Sun 31 Oct - 23:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 23:14

Dean wrote:
Spoke to Neil today. "Wayne is perfectly legitimately allowed to pull in the British novice as the rules are, you move to pro if you win British Novice..."

Dean there are lots of people who hasvent won the british novice who pull as a pro,the rules need carving in stone by many
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 23:16

Is this a political site or a armwrestling site
If you want to be a MP go and be one If you want to be a arm wrestler be a armwrestler
every ones an expert
If its not broke dont fix it
Neil as done a good job up to now and things have run ok with one or two hick ups
Not everyone as the time for this bull shit
If this carrys on I will call it a day
Give ideas yes
New clubs yes
Train hard yes
Bull shit NO
It is hard to get new poeple to train and if its more trouble than its werth what will hapen the sport will die
THIS IS A ARMWRESTLING SITE USE IT AS ONE Mad Mad Mad
If my spelling is shit its because I'm pissed off
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 23:25

your right stan as always so i have retracted most of my post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 23:42

Im not getting at you mate you have exsperence
its the one that have been in the sport months and think they know it all
if this is were the sport is going theres no hope in hell of progressing
little changes yes but not a total wipe out
listen to the old school its done well so far
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 23:52

Evening Guys,

Just to clarify any confusion.

The current ruling on the British Novice Championships are that you cannot enter the event again after you have previously won it.

This rule was implimented primarily to try to prevent a situation occurring where a specific athlete became extremely dominant at the event by virtue of being at a significantly higher ability level either physically or indeed technically than the other athletes eligible to compete.

The rule has actually also got a secondary function which is to ensure that the "less committed" (less gifted or other) athletes who like to be active (to a level) in the sport are not forced out of competing due to being overwhelmingly out classed when entering what are universally termed Pro events.

Particulalry as Armwrestling developed, not everyone would attain World or even National standard in the sport in terms of their inherent level of ability, this may be as a result of training, commitment, physical capabilities or a miriad of other considerations however it is important that there are events available to people whose level and aspirations may be lower than those athletes who intend to become Champions at the highest level of competition.

I am more than Happy to expand upon this at the event itself or as I have done so earlier today, by phone

Regards

Neil [left]

Last edited by KING EDWARD on Mon 1 Nov - 7:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptySun 31 Oct - 23:55

Hi Dave,

In response to your question about your level, like Paul Mitchell and to your credit you are what I would consider Pro.

You have also won Professional events therefore you are not eligible for the British Novice Championships whether or not you had any aspirations to compete in it

Regards

Neil
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Nov - 0:06

Neil

i no its a ball ache but will you please pult a list of rules onthe forum pro and novice so no more confusion can be made,also please at comps could you have a comments box so ideas can be made to you and you may use/or not use them,perhaps this is a better way to go then we can all be friends and not fight over our diffrences and get on being the little happy family?????????????? Very Happy

good idea???
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Nov - 0:23

Blimey, this post took off a bit... !!!

All i said was Wayne would be pulling in it !!!

Mark you completely lost me pal... ??? especially when you put

"His technical ability is what needs to be on form, especially if some of
the experienced guys like James Green and Wanye Spicer are taking part.
He continues to show improvement and you can't ask for anything more
but like i said........'HE'S HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!'"

and

"Can anyone tell me if big Stephen Sowah is pulling ?
Even with a third place at the Nationals i'd still be expecting him to pull
this comp."

?????

Anyway, Wotever.

Last edited by Dean on Mon 1 Nov - 10:00; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anil Najran - BB team
pro
pro
Anil Najran - BB team

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Nov - 9:43

I was wondering, i can still compete in the novice, cant i? I've actually havent competed in the British Novice ever and competed in the Pro before i did the novice, just for experience not knowing i would come third. So will i be able to compete because i have been lookin forward to this compeition and stepped up my training.
Back to top Go down
Dave Shaw
Gold member
Gold member
Dave Shaw

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Nov - 10:16

Very Happy Hi Neil, Paul, Stan Mark and Dean and everybody else reading the posts lately.

Thanks for coming on line recently and sorting out any confusion Neil and Paul,
and i totally agree with Paul as to needing some sort of guidlines study or info on site as to who can pull at novice (amatuer) comps and who cant, and who would be eligable to step up to unpaid but Pro class, the higher level to pull at.

As for myself competing... firstly i cant compete or attend Novice or Rampage due to work commitment BUT will be competing at New Year Cup.

Also IF i could of competed and Neil would have allowed it then yes i would have Pulled at the novice,( if i'd of been day off work that is) because i have respect for all ARMWRESTLERS out there and do not class myself as any better than the next man or woman. Smile

Although the pressure would of been on myself more to do well obviously.!! But also i would of felt bad winning if i won because it would have been unfair for me to enter in the first place.
I know that what i need is table time after a long lay off from the sport.
But i will tell everybody something now which will put me on the spot but....
I intend to do well next year.
Watch this space ( )

I know talk is cheap Very Happy
So i promise next year ACTION
I'll be going to WAR
Ha Ha
My long time goal is not necassarilly win the british but starting winning pins off everyone in 65s and 70s to push the level hard so as can try and do well in comps abroad.
Well thats the long term goal for me.

To everyone out there..
the disscusion as been interesting but lets not get to serious and political bout it. Just needs some study Putting on site.

All the best to you all,
Train hard. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Nov - 10:24

It matters not, i am finished with this forum and she shit that goes on in it.
I WILL keep my opinion to myself as i've only been pulling a few months hahaha and obviousely
not experienced enough to talk about such matters.
I'll be at the british to watch my lads pull, then leave.
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Nov - 14:30

I don't care who I pull. I'm going to do the same regardless of who is on the other end. In fact I'll try even harder if I spot a shark fin...

Back to top Go down
paul mortimer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Nov - 18:48

hey dean just wondering if wayne spicer is going Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET    BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

BRITISH NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIPS DATE & VENUE SET
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next