U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how did you get in to armwrestling?

Go down 
+10
Dean
dan
MIGHTY PAUL
bucks bunny
Pete
terryackers
stan
Leon
Chris waters
NickHall
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

how did you get in to armwrestling? Empty
PostSubject: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 9 Mar - 22:39

just wondering how did you get in to armwrestling & when did you start Question Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 9 Mar - 23:11

I was introduced to it through a m8 in the early 90's.
He was a mega top roller and would have given big Marv a decent match.
His name...............Paul Scott. afro
Back to top Go down
Chris waters
pro
pro
Chris waters

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyWed 10 Mar - 15:59

i got into armwrestling after hearing keith taylor was starting a training session in r local pub the becc and then we opened up r own gym
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyFri 12 Mar - 2:10

My dad used to force me to armwrestle him when I was young, eventually when I was 20 and just about doing one hand chins I beat him.

He still gives me a good match inside even now!
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyFri 12 Mar - 15:50

I have allways armwrestled since I was a kid at school than onto the pubs and clubs

Later on I entered one of Pete Whites competitions and I was winning all his comps

One night I was in one of his comps at the miners arms Astley. I was doing realy good and I spotted this young lad sat in the corner
To my suprise he was in my weight class. He came to the table verry sheepish next thing I know I was being thrown over the table
That young lad was Paul Maiden. After that we started training together and the rest is history

It is all thanks to Pete White and his local comps

Thanks Pete Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 10:48

I came across armwrestling whilst walking round the SENI Combat Show where I noticed the competition.My friend who I was with at the time challenged me to enter. To cut a long story short I got third place in the novice comp after the comp I noticed a guy with a Rossendale Arm Wrestling T shirt on and was keen to learn out more about arm wrestling. I asked if it would be possible to train with them – he was very helpful – he gave me his phone number and even arranged a lift for me. This person was Nick Hall ,My 1st training session was pretty full onto say the least – there was a multi club meet on, names like Stan Dickenson, Paul maiden, Stuart Hall to name but a few Although I wasn’t aware of who these people were at the time – I could tell I was in the right place, then thought nick i met ian stones who as been a good friend and pritty must looked after me ever since , that was my first and only novice comp went right in with the big guns haha and got wasted till 2005 when i won iron arm then 2006 won British Championships. To win the British beat Sylvan Carty and Clive Ferguson,

goals for this year is to get a lot closer to the likes of andy, craig,ste k, stu hall, looking at this class prob hardest one what do u guys think ? think now im back training with neil and andy at freak shop iv a better chance of getting there , arm wrestling is a funny sport some times u can feel a million miles away from some guy and some time if u train hard u can see the gap closing, fav arm puller still the same stu hall and andy barker and neil just because they always help me out and iv seen them all in silly match affraid also a few time iv been close to fucking it of because of family prob and the pain lol neil as alway told looked after me and encouraged me to keep going, looking forward to beat all of u very soon lol

theres lots of people iv not not mentioned all the lads from my club , paul maiden for alway telling me to win , Keith Taylor a good mate i train with them guys a lot chris ham ooooooooo big col haha deans is a goon lol and old ste roid i no the guy looks like he could kill u if u said hello but he always as time to ask about training bl bl bl
Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 11:20

It's great that you did decide to stick at it.
A.W. in this country needs great ambassadors, of which you've proven yourself
to be one of the country's finest.
Hope see you you win the british again soon m8.
B.T.W. What year was it you took part in your first comp at the Seni Question
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 11:51

ill win it again for sure , not sure when maybe nick would no 2004 maybe , time to go gym and work on my girly hand haha Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 15:13

hahaha funny m8, Laughing Laughing
Alright then the race is on, i hope to be curling 80kg by the end of the year,
first to reach it can post it on you tube.
A healthy competitive goal to train for. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 15:14

Nick can you remember when this comp at the Seni took place Question
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 15:20

80kg for 5 your on 55kg today for reps but ill been off for a few weeks
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 18:05

God of War wrote:
Nick can you remember when this comp at the Seni took place Question

i think it was 2004 scratch .. terry when did you pass your driving test Question
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 18:08

2005 lol yeh it was 2004 , nick u or any one got my euro sports match on dvd ?????
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 18:09

i havnt got it terry.. not sure who would maybe neil..
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 18:19

i watched it at neils maybe i could take my cam training monday and rec it .
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 18:23

I have always armwrestled at school and at young farmers club. I was walking past my local pub (Rose & Bowl) and saw a poster for Neil Pickup’s armwrestling competition the following week. Sometime in 1996 I entered this competition along with a few mates and won my <90kg class. Neil approached me and said he saw good genetics for the sport and invited me to train with his club. Me and my younger brother started training with his club (NAWF) shortly after.

Training at that time with Neil Pickup, Chris Andrews, Mick Fielding amongst others. Took me a long time and a lot of hard work to learn toproll and hook pulling. I would like to thank all this who helped me along the way. I met Chris Murphy and Tony Greenwood and we started training in at our farm – cold nights in the barn, climbingropes pull up's on scaffold bars and hours of wrestling,

I started Rossendale Armwrestling in 2003 – The club has had 14 British Pro Champions (so far )with guys like stuart hall,nick hall ,chris ham,terry ackers,chris murphy,murray stephen all being british champion.We have trained in my dedicated training room with my equipment . My ultimate achievement was going to world championship in Finland 2000 and beating an American in the hook.

Won lots of trophies, too many to mention. My next achievement was then 2001 British novice champ followed by bronze's in Belgium International championships. British pro right arm champ 2002

I am currently trying to grow the club steadily whilst devoting an equal amount of time to my own development, getting my left back upto full strength after I cut a finger off my left hand in 2006! I would like to thank all my club members for the support whilst I had my accident. I would like to extend this thankyou to Paul ‘Mighty’ Maiden and Julian Cini for the endless conversations and inspiration that prevented me from retiring. If anyone is interested in armwrestling and wants to train with us - please contact me on 01706 879878 To be continued……

met a lot of good friends over the year"s through armwrestling & hope to meet a lot more..

bounce big thanks to neil pickup for holding the comp in my local in 1996.... bounce

Last edited by NickHall on Thu 7 Oct - 18:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 19:57

Terry wrote:
80kg for 5 your on 55kg today for reps but ill been off for a few weeks

Nice 1 m8, this should make training a lot more fun. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyTue 16 Mar - 20:01

Nick wrote:
i think it was 2004 .. terry when did you pass your driving test

It's only taken you 6 years to become one of the country's best, i'm sure
with as much experience and time spent as Stuart and Andy you'll be the
focus of many up and coming pullers. afro
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyThu 7 Oct - 18:55

how did you get in to armwrestling Question
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyThu 7 Oct - 19:35

I got seriously injured in Judo and got a bit depressed with not being able to do the sport that i love until i had a shoulder operation plus the time it would take to heal (roughly 6 months). So one night i sat down on my chair feeling sorry for myself drinking a few pints of stella thinking what sport i like and consider myself to be good at... then BOOOOM it hit me like a train, i thought i would like to get into the sport Armwrestling, so i immediately typed it in google then a website came up called Rossendale Armwrestling.

Shortly after i noticed the Rossendale site, i got in contact with a chap (Nick Hall) and arranged my first training session at Bacup gym. I turned up to this place thinking i was going to hand these guy's their a***s because i can honestly say i had never been beaten before... then a few guy's turned up with freakishly big forearms and i thought, wow these guy's mean business an yeah they did. I never won a match accept with a new guy that also started at the same time as me. Since this i continued training at Rossendale Armwrestling Club and learn't all the move's off Nick Hall then started to beat guy's that i couldn't do when i first started. Now i feel i have come a long way in the sport and i will continue to try to be the best that i can. cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bucks bunny
bucks bunny

PostSubject: how   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyThu 7 Oct - 20:27

i became to this sport by my best frien and one legeng of armwrestlin history JAN GERMANUS 14 times world champion from that time i love this sport went trough some bad injuries but i still like it!!
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyThu 7 Oct - 20:30

The Power wrote:
I got seriously injured in Judo and got a bit depressed with not being able to do the sport that i love until i had a shoulder operation plus the time it would take to heal (roughly 6 months). So one night i sat down on my chair feeling sorry for myself drinking a few pints of stella thinking what sport i like and consider myself to be good at... then BOOOOM it hit me like a train, i thought i would like to get into the sport Armwrestling, so i immediately typed it in google then a website came up called Rossendale Armwrestling.

Shortly after i noticed the Rossendale site, i got in contact with a chap (Nick Hall) and arranged my first training session at Bacup gym. I turned up to this place thinking i was going to hand these guy's their a***s because i can honestly say i had never been beaten before... then a few guy's turned up with freakishly big forearms and i thought, wow these guy's mean business an yeah they did. I never won a match accept with a new guy that also started at the same time as me. Since this i continued training at Rossendale Armwrestling Club and learn't all the move's off Nick Hall then started to beat guy's that i couldn't do when i first started. Now i feel i have come a long way in the sport and i will continue to try to be the best that i can. cheers Very Happy

Well said Pete see you sat pal
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyThu 7 Oct - 21:35

Like most people on here I was king of the pub and unbeaten since school, then when i googled armwrestling i found the MKAF site and BAF site, went along to Seni with the hope of entering a novice comp but ended up having a go on the BAF stand against Steve Kirlew and Fat Preston although he wasn't fat then lol! Unfortunately i broke my thumb a little while after that so couldn't start training for a few months, when I did I went to MK where I met the hook monster Dean, that was 4 years ago, now i can happily say i'm well and truly bitten by the AW bug and have got my own club up and running in the hope that I can find many more like me.
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyThu 7 Oct - 22:22

Cheers Paul, should be a good session mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? EmptyThu 7 Oct - 22:44

Some Girl at a nightclub told me shed dance with me if i beat her fat mate in an Armwrestle... Nuff said.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how did you get in to armwrestling?   how did you get in to armwrestling? Empty

Back to top Go down

how did you get in to armwrestling?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next