U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How did you get into armwrestling ?

Go down 
+2
andrew
daz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
daz
Valued member
Valued member
daz

How did you get into armwrestling ? Empty
PostSubject: How did you get into armwrestling ?   How did you get into armwrestling ? EmptySun 16 Mar - 19:09

How did you get into armwrestling? What year did you start , which club or person did you start training with?
Back to top Go down
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into armwrestling ?   How did you get into armwrestling ? EmptySun 16 Mar - 21:29

By now most of you know what got me into Armwrestling,but for the benefit of this post it was Armwrestling machines in amusement arcades in particular the " STRONGMAN" that started this all off,The rest is history and needs no introduction! To cut a long story short it was in 2012 that a chance encounter with the "STRONGMAN" armwrestling machine in Minehead changed my life forever and inspired me to take armwrestling seriously and it is remarkable to see where it has taken me on an incredible journey from complete beginner up to my present level as I have established my reputation as a dedicated puller willing to take on anything that comes my way!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Jerome Bloom
pro
pro
Jerome Bloom

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into armwrestling ?   How did you get into armwrestling ? EmptySun 16 Mar - 22:40

My introduction to Armwrestling was in 2010. Me and my twin brother Paul whent to the Excel Centre London in May 2010 to see the "Giants Live" qualifications for the Worlds Strongest Man. After the show we were treated to the spectacle of Arm Wars, including Underwood, Bath, Barbosa, Bortolato and Tod. It was on this occasion that Vagna Bortolato broke Michael Tod's left arm. It was a strange experience speaking to Vagna after the match (translated by Marceo Barbosa, who speaks much better English than Vagna). I learned a few good lessons! Also I got to go on the practice table and get some coaching by Don Underwood, Dan Thomas, Keith Taylor and Arthur Dorohoff. I realised that unlike "Strongman" I could actually compete in this sport, and have been enjoying it ever since!
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into armwrestling ?   How did you get into armwrestling ? EmptyMon 17 Mar - 18:25

I started armwrestling in 1996 with my brother Stuart seems a long time ago, started training with the NAWF run by Neil pickup, form my own club in 2003 rossendale armwrestling,got some good wrestlers over the years with the club, Chris Murphy , tony greenwood ,Murray Stephen , Chris ham , terry ackers , Peter Henderson , Alex atkinson.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
pro
pro
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into armwrestling ?   How did you get into armwrestling ? EmptyMon 17 Mar - 21:15

My good friend Geoff Collins introduced me to Julien Cini. My first arm wrestling comp was I think in 2009 (Preston panthers). Still training consistently and loving the sport!
Back to top Go down
http://atlaslandscapingltd@yahoo.co.uk
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into armwrestling ?   How did you get into armwrestling ? EmptySat 22 Mar - 22:19

Nick Hall and David Horne set me on the path...

Training with the Bullets, Scarsbrook and Macey was an interesting apprenticeship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into armwrestling ?   How did you get into armwrestling ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you get into armwrestling ?
Page 1 of 1