U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I am thinking of retiring after the British this year

Go down 
+6
david horne
Donald Fraser
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
paul maiden
NickHall
stan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
stan
pro
pro
stan

I am thinking of retiring after the British this year Empty
PostSubject: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyThu 23 May - 0:04

I'm thinking of making the British my last one as I'm not getting any younger and I need my hand sorting out
I will keep on training the club and bringing new champs to the sport but I think my competition days are over
I mite do the odd super match if I can get my hand right
So this year I am going balls out to try and win for the last time Very Happy
See you all at the Brits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyThu 23 May - 18:32

your a legend stan take it easy good luck at the british,

not sure what i am going to be doing armwrestling wise hurt my elbow 7 weeks ago & its not healing up very fast Crying or Very sad

so i am having a break for a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyFri 24 May - 19:34

Stan you can't retire your too old and good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
pro
pro
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyFri 24 May - 21:21

You can think about it Stan ! Just make sure you don't :-)
Back to top Go down
http://atlaslandscapingltd@yahoo.co.uk
Donald Fraser
Silver Member
Silver Member
Donald Fraser

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptySat 25 May - 0:58

Come on Stan you can't retire, am just one or two years behind you in age, plus I have never beaten you, and it's my ambition before I pack it up that I beat you at least once. The way I have been pulling so far I hope your hanging around for another ten years. . . . Laughing Seriously it would be a great loss to armwrestling if you did Stan, so please . . . Reconsider. . . bounce
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptySat 25 May - 1:27

Cheers lads but my hand is not getting any better but I'm thinking of having one more crack at the tital and calling it a day
Not everything last for ever and I have had a good run always being in the top three for the last ten years
All you guys will have a crack at me in the British but I mean to go out with a bang
I will still be around training and putting champs forward and as long as my hand isn't too bad I will do the odd super match
I don't want to retire but sometimes these things happen Very Happy
Lots of respect for you guys you are like an extended family Very Happy
Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptySat 25 May - 8:54

Stan,
You obviously understand how you are feeling and injuries can be tiring.
I know about age creeping up, and how things can get you down in training. I'm past my all-time best, but hey I am still having fun. This is what I decided upon last year, was to do what contests I fancied as long as things felt fine, and enjoyment is everything. I've won everything there is in the field of grip, and so the reason to compete is purely because of the meeting up with people and the enjoyment. Hope this helps.

All the best in what ever decision you come to,
David
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
gaz rickett
World Champion
World Champion

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptySat 25 May - 20:48

Bollocks Stan boo hoo my hand you won't leave it like that its in your blood !!!
But love and great respect to ya pal
Back to top Go down
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptySat 25 May - 22:22

I am 54 and am just starting out! Already i have made my comp debut and have won my first match! To me age is no barrier to particapation as i feel only around 40 or so! I will be at the Brits this year and will be pulling. I hope you will be around to see me pull and be inspired to think again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptySat 25 May - 22:22

I am 54 and am just starting out! Already i have made my comp debut and have won my first match! To me age is no barrier to particapation as i feel only around 40 or so! I will be at the Brits this year and will be pulling. I hope you will be around to see me pull and be inspired to think again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptySat 25 May - 22:44

Hi Andrew
I have been armwrestling from school days but ten years plus on the pro circuit has ripped the hell out of my arms but thats not the problem its the tendons in my hand that have knotted up and I'm getting to the stage were I can't open my hand proper . But you are right you can enter this sport at any age but young or old give your arms ten years of punishment you will feel it and the older you get the longer it takes to repair Sad
Good luck in the comps mate and wrestle safe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyWed 29 May - 21:42

Yes Stan best of luck at the British mate cheers
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyWed 17 Jul - 17:07

still thinking of leaving the sport Stan???
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyWed 17 Jul - 18:18

Hi pal yes just doing the British and Nicks comp and that's it I will still train and keep the club going but I need to get this hand sorted you haven't seen the last of me yet lol��
Back to top Go down
The bad boy
World Champion
World Champion
The bad boy

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyWed 17 Jul - 18:35

Good job your retiring thinking of mosh in ya anyway old man Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year EmptyWed 17 Jul - 21:41

I will still be in the back ground Al putting my two penneth in Very Happy 
Some one as to keep an eye on things lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am thinking of retiring after the British this year   I am thinking of retiring after the British this year Empty

Back to top Go down

I am thinking of retiring after the British this year
Page 1 of 1