U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY

Go down 
+13
sean paterson
stan
Pete
TheDoctor
Donald Fraser
Bradley The bomb martinez
agy
dan
Freak
scott
Andy adsett
Steve Kirlew
NickHall
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar - 20:21

I just spoke to him on the phone and he's a really nice guy. He's been to a few old school comps and heard about this 'British championships' and won it. He wants to get involved in training with the Preston Panthers so PLEASE show him some respect guys! The news picked up on the comp and his win, nothing to do with him so he doesn't need 'teaching a lesson' or anything.
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar - 20:52

Fair point Steve but where the hell did he win 5 grand Question
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar - 20:56

Any photos or results from these comps?

Back to top Go down
Donald Fraser
Silver Member
Silver Member
Donald Fraser

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar - 21:00

What British Comp did he win . . And British Nationals in Manchester . . scratch

Last edited by Donald Fraser on Sat 9 Mar - 21:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar - 21:12

Fair enough, if he was genuinely unaware of what he was entering then lets get him involved properly. I would like to know which comps offer a £5000 prize though!
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar - 21:27

Steve Kirlew wrote:
I just spoke to him on the phone and he's a really nice guy. He's been to a few old school comps and heard about this 'British championships' and won it. He wants to get involved in training with the Preston Panthers so PLEASE show him some respect guys! The news picked up on the comp and his win, nothing to do with him so he doesn't need 'teaching a lesson' or anything.

Well said Steve.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Mar - 21:42

Steve Kirlew wrote:

ok steve pm you keith mobile on facebook.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar - 13:23

Its OK being nice to this guy but were did the false trophies come from like the arm wars one I think Neil should follow that one up
Being nice is how he got his face on TV It still makes me mad that a nobody can come out with this bull shit and get away with it
I will treat his with the respect that he deserves Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar - 19:41

I would like to know how no one from ITV pick up on the British or the champions it produces, yet they hear about a £5000 cash comp that no one in the armwrestling community has ever heard of, let alone been invited to attend Shocked

I have also google searched these events and cannot find evidence of them anywhere. Whoever is running them is doing a very good job of keeping us out of the loop!
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar - 22:49

dan wrote:
I would like to know how no one from ITV pick up on the British or the champions it produces, yet they hear about a £5000 cash comp that no one in the armwrestling community has ever heard of, let alone been invited to attend Shocked

I have also google searched these events and cannot find evidence of them anywhere. Whoever is running them is doing a very good job of keeping us out of the loop!

Hi said he'd let me know of any events coming up soon. He said they had proper armwrestling tables etc so kinda wierd!
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar - 23:05

Ste I think this bloke as took advantage of your good nature I think he started off braging to his mates and thing have got out of hand and now he is so deep in he can't get out of it. I think its all his own doing
The thing that gets me going is the people like you don't get the recognition they deserve and a nobody with no idea of what he is doing gets recognized

You tried to fined the truth but I think he is a con man and good at it or at least he thinks so
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar - 23:48

Steve Kirlew wrote:
dan wrote:

Hi said he'd let me know of any events coming up soon. He said they had proper armwrestling tables etc so kinda wierd!

Maybe it's Rods old crew of armed combat guys, would explain why they don't want any of us involved.
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar - 23:54

I have just found this

http://www.armedcombat.co.uk/Diary-2013.html

Apparently there is a national championships being held in July.
Back to top Go down
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar - 2:02

On one hand if this guy didnt know much about arm wrestling and turned up to a comp that was called the national championships and he won it, then I guess you could say he's not really in the wrong as its the fault of whoever held the comp and named it the "national championships". On the other hand to say he's going euros and maybe worlds you think he might of questioned how good he really is and at least googled britsh arm wrestling.
I'd like to think he's a guy that goes gym and interested in power sports so went along to the Event/comp as fun and won and the press got hold of the title and ran with it. he thought he had won the national title as its what he has been told. If itv came along and said I want to do a story of how you won the title after entering a comp called national championships it would probs just confim your mind what he had just achieved.

As for the trophys in back round it nevers says he's won them, there just in the background of the footage and were assuming there his or at least beliiving thats what itv has set up and wants us to believe.

In light of what dan has just found with that link I don't think it's this guys fault and we should get him involved in a club asap as to win I guess he must have some natraul ability which is always a great start.

If he's serious about learning best of luck to him.

Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar - 9:14

dan wrote:
I have just found this

http://www.armedcombat.co.uk/Diary-2013.html

Apparently there is a national championships being held in July.

This is Rod's thing.. not sure it's the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY   WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHOS THIS GUY ? BEEN IN PAPER & ON THE TELLY
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2