U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder

Go down 
+3
daz
NickHall
paul maiden
7 posters
AuthorMessage
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder Empty
PostSubject: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyTue 6 Sep - 20:25

Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyTue 6 Sep - 20:40

good write up paul i remember when it happened & when you rang me from your hosptial bed its was good to hear your voice
then i saw you at stans 50th do andy higginson had bigger arms then you lol!

good to see you back mighty maiden Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
daz
Valued member
Valued member
daz

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyWed 7 Sep - 15:43

good to see you back paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyThu 8 Sep - 10:15

A very moving and ispirational read, it's great to see you continue to go from strength to strength m8, God bless.
Back to top Go down
*Moo*
Valued member
Valued member
*Moo*

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyThu 8 Sep - 10:50

I am so proud of you kid and everything you have achieved [before and after the 'man flu'].

I am proud that others too acknowledge your achievements and a solid few have supported you throughout your come back to the top in many ways - I know Nick was there for me at the end of many e-mails when you were at your poorliest giving our family words of comfort and support and hope. Thank you Nick - it was much appreciated.
The arm wrestling community world wide came together to offer you and our family prayers and comfort and each and every one of those messages was also appreciated.

HOWEVER PAUL despite the support you have since received from your family, friends and those at Powerbeck, make no mistake the only deciding factor in your come back was YOU! You exceeded the expectations of everyone including the medical profession in not only your comeback but in LIVING in the first place!

Give yourself the credit Paul for your own success - you are a stubborn a*!e, determined and focused. Many people can lead the horse to water but they can't make it drink - at the end of the day it's been up to you kid!

Your recent performances have been great - your win over John Milnes at the TC for me was proof I might finally be able to stop worrying about you quite so much! Despite your nerves at the table and your impatience you showed everyone you were back were you have always belonged ... At the top! Of course I am biased .. I am your big sis after all and it's allowed!

Love you kid!

Ps. How come 'power beck' didn't run their article throughout your 'secretary' - you know what I'm like for good grammar and accuracy?!

Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyThu 8 Sep - 11:05

Yep as everyone said, it is awesome to see you back.
As a friend I am very pleased, but also for the sport, it needs a Paul Maiden there.

Well done mate!
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyThu 8 Sep - 14:18

Well, I came on here to check the Britain's Got Talent thread, saw this thread n read the piece about Paul.

Good for you mate, I actually agree with your Sister's comments 100% about why your back to form, usually you get out what you put in and you are undeniably one of the most committed athletes in the Sport today & training like a P NASS.

You've been on a Roller Coaster ride that few would ever wish to take and your return to past form is down to your own endeavour, thoroughly deserved and stands as a lasting testiment to your Grit, Balls, Tenacity & Desire to succeed at the Sport in which you excel.

You are a very good Armwrestler, I have enjoyed watching you pull and pulling against you.

God knows we have had some laughs over the years (like the time you accidentally Shat on my new car seats during one of our Mammoth weight cuts Razz ).

I'm really glad to see you back in the Mix and Punching at your true weight.

Keep that heart & desire & you will be a tough man to stop, although I'm looking forward to hopefully tryin to do just that on occasion at the Table, for many years to come Wink

Cheers

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
stuart hall
pro
pro
stuart hall

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyThu 8 Sep - 19:57

i remember at stans 50th when you were 82kg and struggle to walk up the stairs now you are overall champion of britain well done pal
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptyFri 9 Sep - 17:28

thanks *Moo* Wink
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder EmptySat 10 Sep - 16:34

Thanks a lot guys n girls,it has been a hard road back but made easier by the people around me that has shown me the support and again I thank you!

Sisters love can't beat it haaha
Neils car well let's says he didn't keep it long and dieting takes it toll lol
Andy Higson arms champ well maybe my left Very Happy

Thank you all again and see what i bring in 2012 affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder   Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder Empty

Back to top Go down

Amazing story of the Athlete who went form Coma to British Title Holder
Page 1 of 1