U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY

Go down 
+5
stan
wiSë™
Dean
david horne
MIGHTY PAUL
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY Empty
PostSubject: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyMon 22 Nov - 22:38

Q Hi Mark whats your D.O.B and were do you live?
A Hi Paul, my D.O.B. is 9th January 1975 and i live in Glasgow.

Q i no that you have been in the sport for a number of years but due to a wrist injury you were forced on the sidelines can you tell us how the injury happend,how long you were out and why you have made a return?
A
The wrist injury happened because of pulling the Top Roll incorrectly over a number of years.
The constant strain on the joint led to premature wear and tear and as a result forced me to leave the sport.
I remained out of arm wrestling for about 14 years.
I made a return after getting back to training again purely for health reasons and although the injury remained
i soon realized that i could still pull at a respectable level.

Q armwrestling in Scotland is a new a growing sport with most of the pullers being around Glasgow can you tell us who you started with?
A
I started arm wrestling with an old friend (Paul Scott) who soon introduced me to his uncle Davie Scott, at that
time Davie was doing his best to try and introduce more youngsters into arm wrestling.

Q you now have your own club who is part of that now
A
The regular lads that train with me are Stephen Mc Farlane, Leo Findley, Martin Zajac and Stephen Mc Phee who
has just made a return.

Q since your return you have made massive strides in a short space of time can you tell us why you think this has happend?
A
I think my rapid success is due to my work ethic, the support from my wife Angela and my awareness that
father time waits for no man lol.

Q your the 2nd Scottish person to win a British title after fellow countryman and friend Murray Steven did it in 2008 can you explain the feeling of winning the titile?
A
To win the title was just as much as a surprise for me as i'm sure it was for many others.
I have maintained that it was not my intention to turn pro or enter the British Nationals until 2011.
Since winning though i have become a more confident arm wrestler and more passionate about my active
part in the sport.

Q your becoming famed for youtube videos of you doing monster wrist curls do you think this is the secret of your current sucess?
A
Although i would be lying if i said that these wrist curls haven't played a major part in the improvement of my
arm wrestling, i wouldn't say they are the secret of my success either.
My success comes from the support and training i've had with the lads south of the border and my application
of what they have taught me.
I think that because i don't have anyone in Scotland at my level to train with, i make the most of what i've been taught.
I don't forget anything that i've been shown and i'm quick to apply in my training routines.

Q what is your training like now and what are your favourite 5 excercises you apply?
A
My training is still very intense.
My five favorite exercises would have to be: Pull ups with scaffolding bars, wrist curls, reverse bicep curls, hammer curls and tricep press.

Q who has been your toughest match?
A
My toughest match has to be this years left arm match in the Nationals with Smooth Paul Waters.

Q whats next for you were whats your plans for the upcoming 2011 season?
A
Surprisingly i've made little plans for 2011 with regards to my own success.
I would like to focus more on establishing my club here in Glasgow and possibly running multiple novice tournaments in and around the city.

Q which pullers have you set your sights on to beat next year?or do you feel they have to beat you?
A
I wouldn't say i've set my sights on beating anyone in particular next year but i am looking forward to a right arm rematch with
both Paul Waters and Keith Taylor.

Q and finally were did the name GOD OF WAR come from and why?
A
There are two reasons i felt the name God of War suited me.
1st When arm wrestlers get into a real battle on the the table it regarded as a war and this is were i'm in my element.
Up until now i've depended a lot on my power to win matches so wars suit me to a T.
2nd Simply put, my name 'Mark' literally means God of War.
Mark is the english version of the latin name Marc which of course is short for Marcus. (Of the old Roman empire)
Marcus was the name given to the children who ware named after Mars the Latin God of War or Aries in Greek.

thankyou Mark Clay

Your welcome Paul.

Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyTue 23 Nov - 7:44

Nice read.
Well done guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyTue 23 Nov - 13:12

Another Great Interview... Well done Guys.
Back to top Go down
wiSë™
pro
pro
wiSë™

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyTue 23 Nov - 16:42

nice.
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyTue 23 Nov - 16:57

We want more

Nice one

And well done Mark Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyTue 23 Nov - 17:37

theres 1 in the mix pal just waiting for him to get back to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyTue 23 Nov - 17:39

very good read..
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
*ANGIE*
Gold member
Gold member
*ANGIE*

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyWed 24 Nov - 13:11

Well done Paul cheers the interviews are very intersting even for ppl like myself (non armwrestlers )
Just a pity that Mark has no coach Sad Sad Everything he's learning now and teaching is what he picks up at comps or the occasional training session that he travels down south for Smile
So thanks to all the guy's who are willing to give him their time, it means a lot to him Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyWed 24 Nov - 13:21

Wherever hes leaning his stuff from its working very well.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyWed 24 Nov - 15:32

Guess i'm a quick learner m8.
Always room for improvement though. study
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyWed 24 Nov - 17:54

*ANGIE* wrote:
Well done Paul cheers the interviews are very intersting even for ppl like myself (non armwrestlers )
Just a pity that Mark has no coach Sad Sad Everything he's learning now and teaching is what he picks up at comps or the occasional training session that he travels down south for Smile
So thanks to all the guy's who are willing to give him their time, it means a lot to him Embarassed

Thanks Angie i want to try and just add something a little diffrent for the board so i thought id do these,i have something a little bit better coming very soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rimner!
pro
pro
Rimner!

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyWed 24 Nov - 17:59

Good read Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyWed 24 Nov - 20:18

Paul wrote:
i have something a little bit better coming very soon

Spill the beans then. A p.m. will be fine m8. What a Face
Angie hopes she's not stolen your idea. lol!
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyWed 24 Nov - 20:39

No she hasnt pal Very Happy but i love the idea Cool
Back to top Go down
melvyn
Silver Member
Silver Member
melvyn

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY EmptyWed 24 Nov - 21:27

nice read Smile nice one mark pride of Scottish armwrestling cheers santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY   INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY Empty

Back to top Go down

INTERVIEW WITH MARK CLAY
Page 1 of 1