U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko

Go down 
+4
Leon
melvyn
THE POWER
NickHall
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  Empty
PostSubject: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyMon 23 Aug - 17:08

Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
THE POWER
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyMon 23 Aug - 17:16

Brzenk looking BIG here affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyMon 23 Aug - 18:26

At his peak and immovable. afro
Back to top Go down
melvyn
Silver Member
Silver Member
melvyn

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyMon 23 Aug - 19:08

johns a monster at the table affraid dame that guys stronge cheers
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 0:15

Very close to a pin at 0.36! Does Alexey actually faint at the end?
Back to top Go down
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 12:47

Yeah it looks like he passes out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 17:49

I don't think so.
It looks to me as if he's aware of why it was stopped but he remains calm.
(He knew he elbow fouled)
When confirmation is given he is overcome within himself.
When the match is stopped he has clarity enough to pause and focus
on the determination from the second referee, he then drops to both knees,
putting his left hand down to control himself as his knees touch the floor.
Just before the clip ends he then moves back into a more comfortable
kneeling position.
Each movement is controlled with awareness of were the second referee
is and were the floor is.
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:02

Two lesser known facts about that particular match.

Travis and John were working their double team strategy (as were the Eastern Europeans) agreement was that if either John or Travis felt SUPER dominant of an opponent they work ruin the man so that they were not an issue for the other man.

At the end of the Supers and the Open they split the money 50/50, all agreed at Champs over some Barbeque Chicken wings the night before the matches, after the Eastern Block lads had all layed down for Voevoda in the 2004 event.

John, was comfortable throughout and was hanging Semy out to ruin him.

Both of you are actually right in a way lads as Semerenko, amazingly did actually have a momentary blackout and then later on actually fainted backstage, he was on enteric coated aspirins all day and took a couple of months off after the event due to blood pressure concerns.

He was conscious throughout but having extreme dizzy spells throughout the afternoon.

The next match John's show boating backfired as Farid ran through him with a Top Roll partially due to his Arm being soooo pumped.

Another bit of trivia is that John took that defeat VERY SERIOUSLY and it was THAT result which led to him preparing sooo hard for the infamous 2006 Las Vegas showdown between the two men in THE BEST shape of their lives respectively at the Ultimate Vegas III event, two one to John that day in Nevada and one of THE BEST Hook matches I have ever had the privilege to witness.

Once again however THAT encounter was NOT AT ALL AS IT SEEMED..........if anyone ever wants to know why just catch up with me after the British for a drink and I'll tell ya.

Cheers

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
Rimner!
pro
pro
Rimner!

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:05

any footage nez? Smile
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:12

Yeh Chris,

all in my walnut mate as in both instances I was two feet away commentating the match for the TV but joking aside.

I have the Nemiroff 2005 DVD which you can still get from ARMPOWER.NET I expect and Brzenk Vs Farid Uzmanov parts one and two are BOTH on You Tube !

It was a WAR !!!

Watch it on the You Tube clip and then ask Mr. Rogers at weekend, as (random trivia fact No. 3 incidentally...........its amazing what you recall whilst stuck in a London Hotel Lobby) young Steven actually took second place behind Roman Tsindilliani that day in Ultimate Vegas 2006 in the -70kg class (weighin only 63kg and CRAZY STRONG).

Cheers

Neil
Wink
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--vQhpKSeU

Her ya go Chis !!!

PS. check out my AMAZING PINK TANK TOP top right corner Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

WHAT A TOP SHAGGER LOL !!!

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:42

Thanks for the insight Neil, we don't get to hear about gems like this
very often. afro
Back to top Go down
Rimner!
pro
pro
Rimner!

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 20:46

cheers nez! top man! cant wait for sunday should be a cracker!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 21:24

Quote :
Once again however THAT encounter was NOT AT ALL AS IT SEEMED..........if anyone ever wants to know why just catch up with me after the British for a drink and I'll tell ya.

This sounds interesting, I'll have to ask about it on sunday Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 21:35

As eager as i am to find out, i'll have to wait and see what time the
event finishes. afro
Back to top Go down
ricky
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ricky

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 21:56

I couldn't watch the match i was admiring your tank top :S
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  EmptyTue 24 Aug - 23:12

hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko    John Brzenk  v  Alexey Semerenko  Empty

Back to top Go down

John Brzenk v Alexey Semerenko
Page 1 of 1