U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SERIOUS INJURY TO MONSTER MICHAEL TODD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

SERIOUS INJURY TO MONSTER MICHAEL TODD Empty
PostSubject: SERIOUS INJURY TO MONSTER MICHAEL TODD   SERIOUS INJURY TO MONSTER MICHAEL TODD EmptyTue 1 Jun - 18:02

from northeast message board neil pickup wrote

Hi Guys

As of now the full extent of the injury is as yet not fully known.

Michael flew home early this morning and is due to have further checks on his arm when he is back in the States.

The injury is however undoubtedly very serious, Michael was dug into his Tricep press and to be honest looked in total control of the match and comfortable with Wagner at first. Wagner countered with his own huge Tricep drive from the loosing position and Michael's Arm appeared to snap at the elbow or totally dislocate, as Mike's body remained exactly where it was (i.e. in the offensive press position) whilst his arm was driven completely through the pad to his left side and into the table top.

To be honest the injury to Michael has taken the shine completely off what was otherwise an exceptional weekend of World Class Pro format Armwrestling.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to one of my closest friends in the sport and I really, really hope that he is able to make a full and fast recovery before continuing to excite people about our sport around the World. Quite simply nodody does it better.

Michael had actually told us on his pre match interviews that his Left Arm has been suspect since the middle of 2009 and that as a result he had not been able to train up to the match with Wagner. He said however he was totally committed to pulling the very best opponents that he could in order to entertain the fans of the Eurosport Show and that his strategy was to not warm up (so that he had no pre emptive mental negativity about the state of his arm) and to simply hit Wagner as fast and as hard as he possibly could exactly where Wagner was strongest.

Michael said that he wanted to surprise Wagner in the opening round and take his heart early, hopefully allowing him to capitalize on Wagner's resultant loss of confidence.

Hauntingly, Mike had said on Camera the night before "here's the deal OK.........to pull through me he is gonna have to Break my Arm.........cause I ain't takin the power off ! its comin at 100 miles an hour straight sideways. Either I'll get him and things will go to plan or my Arm might Break..........BUT EITHER WAY I GUESS WE'RE GONNA FIND OUT TOMORROW !!!"

Many athletes talk the talk Michael Todd stuck to his Gun's 100% and whilst it didn't work out on this occasion. its nevertheless a clear indication of EXACTLY WHY the man is as exciting to watch as he always is. I seriously doubt that there has ever been nor will there be an Armwrestler who pulls with more passion and heart than "MONSTER" MICHAEL TODD.

The Very Best of Luck Michael, you are a Gentleman Warrior mate, the whole of British Armwrestling thinks the World of you and wishes you the best possible recovery

Stay Strong Lad

Regards

Neil
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk

SERIOUS INJURY TO MONSTER MICHAEL TODD Empty
PostSubject: Re: SERIOUS INJURY TO MONSTER MICHAEL TODD   SERIOUS INJURY TO MONSTER MICHAEL TODD EmptyWed 2 Jun - 2:20

Devastating news.
Hope you have a speedy recovery champ.
Back to top Go down

SERIOUS INJURY TO MONSTER MICHAEL TODD
Page 1 of 1