U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD

Go down 
+8
Leon
The Journey Man
NickHall
jimmy savel
THE POWER
devilman mcf
dan
KING EDWARD
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD Empty
PostSubject: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyWed 28 Oct - 22:44

Its not all about the International Scene Guys,

Two weeks after the ARM WARS "POWERPLAY" Pro card in London.

The B.A.F. New Year Cup 2009 will be held at The Crofters Hotel, Garstang on Saturday Jan 23rd

Weigh ins will be from 2pm-3pm / with the Tournament proper starting at 3pm SHARP. (There will be a free event T Shirt for the First 20 athletes to weigh in & register) Entry Fee £15 for both Arms.

IF you would like to be selected for the 2010 World Championships in Mesquite, Nevada, USA, this will be one of the selection events guys, also a great chance to show what you have got to offer for the ARM WARS "SUPER SERIES" shows.

-70kg / -80kg / -90kg / +90kg & Ladies Open Classes on both Left & Right Arms

Plus feature Pro Domestic Supermatches TBC

Novice Team Trophy for most successful New Crew at the event Maximum 4 Athletes per team & athletes cannot be a current National Champion or established Former National Champion................................

For Example the following athletes would be non eligible for Teams :-

Neil Pickup
Andy Barker
Craig Sanders
Steve Rogers
Stuart Hall
Ted Wilson
Ian Stones
Juilen Cini
Barry Knowles
Alan Greaves
Rod Linette
Lee Holland
Nick Hall
Gary Riketts
Stan Dickenson
etc. etc etc
.................................BUT YOUR CREWS ALL COUNT SO BRING YOUR BEST & LETS SEE WHO HAS THE SLEEPER POTENTIAL, NO LIMIT ON HOW MANY TEAMS OF 4 EACH CLUB ENTERS BUT MAX FOUR PULLERS PER TEAM.
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyWed 28 Oct - 23:42

I think i'll diet for this, don't fancy pulling against Lee, Neil, Alan or Marvin Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
devilman mcf
Silver Member
Silver Member
devilman mcf

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyWed 28 Oct - 23:48

im there lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 10:43

Hmm, i'm salivating. Laughing Laughing afro
Back to top Go down
THE POWER
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 12:11

Im definatly up for this event. My right arm is fully healed and im raring to go Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 12:12

Dan wrote:
I think i'll diet for this, don't fancy pulling against Lee, Neil, Alan or Marvin Very Happy Very Happy

Dan what happend to only dieting to 90s for worlds and british??? arse twitching like a rabbits nose rabbit lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 12:14

The power wrote:
Im definatly up for this event. My right arm is fully healed and im raring to go Mad Twisted Evil

Good lad but try and avoid Mark this time you both may have a chance of winning it then Smile
Back to top Go down
THE POWER
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 12:59

Arite paul, at the british novice mark beat me fair and square so this has give me the ambition of beating him, so now i am training both teqnuiqe and strength as much as i can without getting an injury. I would rather get beat again off him than avoid him but i know what your sayin pal because both me and mark got hammered in are matches after are encounter. Smile
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 15:22

paul maiden wrote:
Dan wrote:

Dan what happend to only dieting to 90s for worlds and british??? arse twitching like a rabbits nose rabbit lol! lol! lol!

Ha ha ha, i'm only concerned with putting on a good show as it's one of the selection comps for the worlds, if I draw Marvin then Alan i'll be out before i get going!! Then again i could draw Andy then Steve Kirlew and have the same result in the 90's. I'll see how my weight is closer to the time. I'm 93 right now and dropping body fat so i could be a lean 90 by Jan or a very big lean 93kg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 17:04

Glad to hear your training hard Peter, me too. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I've already said i won't be pulling with my right mate apart from a possible hook match at Nick's comp, Sad hope your left's as good. affraid affraid afro
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 17:23

Dan wrote:
paul maiden wrote:
Dan wrote:

Ha ha ha, i'm only concerned with putting on a good show as it's one of the selection comps for the worlds, if I draw Marvin then Alan i'll be out before i get going!! Then again i could draw Andy then Steve Kirlew and have the same result in the 90's. I'll see how my weight is closer to the time. I'm 93 right now and dropping body fat so i could be a lean 90 by Jan or a very big lean 93kg.

Dan
i dont agree with the selection process i no it was used a couple of years ago and has never really been challenged due to the lack of interest in the boys and girls going away.
For example iam out at the moment till my next doctors date in july 22nd 2010 hence i miss most of the year,if i returned say for the british and won or got 2nd which in other countries and this one its always been the top 2 finshers make the team ,and if i didnt make it into the team id be totally upset Crying or Very sad
has this rule hadnt been asked to the wrestlers if they agreed upoun it or not,i no the commitee folded years ago and Neil has taken all of the responsibitlies on himself and i thank him for that he is and will always be the leader of the Team and rightly so,but i also thik the rules shouldnt be changes without consulting the pullers as we are what makes the Team and should receive a vote on the matter,iam not saying the selection process is wrong or right,another example is i work as a doorman and all my work is at weekends if i cant attend a comp due to work and puller B wins and then i cant make a comp and puller C wins but i go to 2 out of 5 comps and in both i beat them like little girls which i would and will lol! is it fair they get the nod before me??? imo it isnt and iam only speaking for myself here
drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 17:52

paul maiden wrote:
Dan wrote:
paul maiden wrote:
Dan wrote:

Dan
i dont agree with the selection process i no it was used a couple of years ago and has never really been challenged due to the lack of interest in the boys and girls going away.
For example iam out at the moment till my next doctors date in july 22nd 2010 hence i miss most of the year,if i returned say for the british and won or got 2nd which in other countries and this one its always been the top 2 finshers make the team ,and if i didnt make it into the team id be totally upset Crying or Very sad
has this rule hadnt been asked to the wrestlers if they agreed upoun it or not,i no the commitee folded years ago and Neil has taken all of the responsibitlies on himself and i thank him for that he is and will always be the leader of the Team and rightly so,but i also thik the rules shouldnt be changes without consulting the pullers as we are what makes the Team and should receive a vote on the matter,iam not saying the selection process is wrong or right,another example is i work as a doorman and all my work is at weekends if i cant attend a comp due to work and puller B wins and then i cant make a comp and puller C wins but i go to 2 out of 5 comps and in both i beat them like little girls which i would and will lol! is it fair they get the nod before me??? imo it isnt and iam only speaking for myself here
drunken drunken drunken drunken

i agree with paul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
The Journey Man
Gold member
Gold member
The Journey Man

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 18:21

IS THIS A NOVICE & PRO EVENT AT THESE WEIGHT CLASSES Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 18:54

Hi Paul, i was wondering about the selection process, if i spend all year pulling 100's and finishing top 5 then drop to and win the 90's would it be fair on the 90kg guys who've pulled through the year at that weight to miss out on a spot to the worlds???
Perhaps it would be best to get to 89 and stay there for the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 19:08

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked afro
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyThu 29 Oct - 23:29

Funnily enough.........I also agree with Paul,

The rules shouldn't be changed without asking the Armwrestlers and thats why.............they haven't been.

A number things come to mind straight out of the gates here though however :-

1.) One of the benefits of being in the UK is that the Armwrestling community is small enough and tight knit enough to ensure that we all know who the Top 2 athletes are at the available WAF classes and I have very rarely been in a situation where I have had to say that an Armwrestler is unable to pull at the EAF or WAF events at the weight class that they would like to. So in some ways though theoretically sound, I don't actually get the issue here.
2. The opposite side to that coin is that, if you have a single qualifier event for the Worlds & the day before the event you get food poisoning are Piss Weak and can't pull in the event BUT all of the rest of the year you have been consistently smashing the other guys in your class. No one off flash in the Pan results CONSISTENTLY WINNING...............then some Dude you have owned all year shows for one event when you were ill and can book their plane ticket !!! is that fair !?
3.) EAF & WAF are Drug Tested events and steroid users often have to juice in cycles in order to avoid serious health issues and in doing so, can often struggle to retain their form consistently throughout the year, therefore a multi layered qualification process reduces the opportunity for the athlete whom could utilize unfair means to out perform their competition by juicing to peak at a single event and thereby gain qualification over a natural puller with a consistent level of performance.
4.) Armwrestling is a material battle, it deals with tissue, tendons, muscles & ligaments therefore throughout the average athletes year there may be one or two months out of 12, where their form is lower than their standard representative level due to injury. If a single qualification event happens to fall at the time when you are injured to a significant extent then a far less efficient athlete may gain qualification ahead of you ! if your performance is monitored at multiple events through the course of the year and you are one of the two dominant athletes in your class then your four victories would negate your one bad performance or absence........& the right man is on the plane !!!
5.) Armwrestling is a small niche sport and I believe that those who support the sport most fully deserve to have the honour of representing their country, therefore I love to see an athlete whom has given their heart and soul to supporting their sport through thick and thin throughout the season, be awarded the honour of representing their country at the EAF or WAF Championships.
6.) Based on averages alone if an athlete competes at multiple events throughout the year he or she will be more likely to encounter the other top athletes at their specific weight class throughout the course of the year therefore allowing a greater opportunity to develop themselves against a wider range of opponents and styles which is more representative of the reality they will face in the highest level of International competition.

I could go on if required to as I have a number of other pertinent points which highlight the benefits of multi layered qualification over the use of a single event however I don't want to bore the pants of people whilst inadvertantly demonstrating the level of detail which I have gone into when presenting and considering even the smallest elements of the sport.

Anyway, to get back to the over riding and original point and to correct Paul's incorrect assumption, the decision to endorse a multi layered qualification strategy for EAF & WAF events was actually taken by an elected panel and not by myself.

The decision was taken based upon the detailed consideration of the benefits and drawbacks of both the single event and multi layered strategies and the vote was absolutely categoric in favour of a multi layered system.

The sad but in some ways comical irony of this whole point, is the fact that, in the majority of instances there is not a full team of British Athletes in attendance at EAF & WAF competition and therefore places are very very rarely contested, secondly in the rare instances where there has been a clash of interest in a specific class, it has almost always been decided in a one on one Supermatch Style qualification bout.

Ya have gotta laugh, sometimes ya really do.
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyFri 30 Oct - 12:27

Hi Neil

i wasnt going to continue with this but as i feel you have been brushed aside i will,

I have been one of your close friends in the sport and trained with you for years now so

You said...Anyway, to get back to the over riding and original point and to correct Paul's incorrect assumption, the decision to endorse a multi layered qualification strategy for EAF & WAF events was actually taken by an elected panel and not by myself

Why is it incorrect who was the panel? when was it passed? and were is the memo?

You said...Ya have gotta laugh, sometimes ya really

Why that? because i like billions of other people in the world have a right to say what they think?

thats all i have to say on that matter Sad

Dan well no you shouldnt have to stay at at 89kg all year round very few do,Top 2 finshers is how it should be imo,and with all due respect you no how hard it was to drop the weight and stay strong as you thought you was a cert at the british and wasnt...
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyFri 30 Oct - 16:17

I know from our telephone conversation that I offended you Paul which makes us even Very Happy however as I said when I called that was not the real intension of my post.

Stating the facts of the situation was the primary objective and as discussed (which is far easier than typing it out for me at least) year was 2000, present was all the BAF committee at the time, Mike Haigh, Mick Holland, Neil Pickup, Wabbs Ugoala, Nigel Cawthorne, Guy Tinsley etc. and the position has not been formally reviewed since which may or may not be an issue.

What I also said earlier however is that the important point here is the point itself ie. not really the past but the present and the future, the qualification process for Worlds or Europeans may well need to be re visited and I am very happy to do so as required. You are now fully versed on my own suggestions around potential one on one format multi layered qualification bouts however the Fundamental starting point of the process should be to ensure that all interested athletes should nominate themselves for their target weight class for the forthcoming Worlds which next year is Moscow Russia & Mesquite USA respectively. So for real who is genuinely intending to go along and in what class would you like to pull ? I have filled in the ones that I know so lets see where there are clashes and go from there initially :-

WORLDS & EUROPEANS

-55kg
1.)
2.)

-60kg
1.) Ted Wilson
2.) Ian Stones

-65kg
1.)
2.)

-70kg
1.)
2.)

-75kg
1.) Craig Sanders
2.) Paul Waters

-80kg
1.) Chris Rimmer
2.)

-85kg
1.) Andy Barker
2.) Keith Taylor

-90kg
1.) Paul Maiden
2.) Dan Thomas or Neil Pickup

-100kg
1.) Neil Pickup
2.)

-110kg
1.)
2.)

+110kg
1.) Alan Greaves
2.)

Ladies
-50kg
1.)
2.)

-55kg
1.)
2.)

-60kg
1.)
2.)

-65kg
1.)
2.)

-70kg
1.)
2.)

-80kg
1.) Joanne Poole
2.)

+80kg
1.)
2.)

Masters Steve Rogers -70kg / Rod Linette -80kg / Alan Greaves +110kg /

Juniors

Disabled
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyFri 30 Oct - 16:59

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyFri 30 Oct - 17:21

To clarify, is this 2 seperate novice and pro classes at the advertised weights or one mega class?
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyFri 30 Oct - 18:34

No separate class Leon, its all in at the specified weigh categories mate.

OH YEH !!!

Just one other little detail while we are on the specifics of the event...........................

"RAMBO" ROD LINETTE Vs. "CAPTAIN SCARLETT" STEVE ROGERS

Is the first of the headline Supermatches confirmed for the evening of The N.Y.C. 2010 at a catchweight of -74kg Very Happy Shocked Very Happy

ITS ON !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyFri 30 Oct - 19:11

Now that's going to be one hell of a match. afro
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptyFri 30 Oct - 23:03

KING EDWARD wrote:
No separate class Leon, its all in at the specified weigh categories mate.

OH YEH !!!

Just one other little detail while we are on the specifics of the event...........................

"RAMBO" ROD LINETTE Vs. "CAPTAIN SCARLETT" STEVE ROGERS

Is the first of the headline Supermatches confirmed for the evening of The N.Y.C. 2010 at a catchweight of -74kg Very Happy Shocked Very Happy

ITS ON !!!

Cheers Neil, sounds good!

Rod vs Steve will be a great matchup, looking forward to this one!
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptySat 31 Oct - 14:08

The second of the feature matches confirmed for the evening of the New Year Cup event is...............................

"TRIGGER HAPPY" TERRY ACKERS Vs. "THE BIRMINGHAM BULLET" CRAIG SANDERS (Left Hand)

"The Bulldog" Lee Holland Vs. "WiseGrip" Andy Barker (Right Handed)

is another match I would like to schedule for the Show at a catch weight of -93kg !? as Andy weighs around 86Kg day to day & I believe Lee is around 95kg.

I've initially spoken with Andy who just said "Yeh now worries I'll pull anybody" so Lee PM me mate if this match is appeaqling or if there was someone else you had in mind specifically Wink
Back to top Go down
*ANGIE*
Gold member
Gold member
*ANGIE*

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD EmptySat 31 Oct - 16:03

TERRY ACKERS-V-CRAIG SANDERS affraid affraid affraid affraid This is a belter of a match bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD   B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD Empty

Back to top Go down

B.A.F. 2010 NEW YEAR CUP SAT JAN 23RD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next