U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.

Go down 
+24
murraystephen
stan
julien Cini
Marvin
terryackers
paul mortimer
the machine
bulldog
Jason
HAMMY
THE POWER
madmurf
joanne
Dean
alikhan
Leon
Craig Sanders
The Journey Man
obk
stuart hall
mark k
dan
david horne
NickHall
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
julien Cini
pro
pro
julien Cini

Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: god bless   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr - 16:58

no words can say what we are all thinking, Paul is a lovely guy with a wonderful family; we pray you come through this battle mighty champion. God Bless you and your family
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr - 17:55

just been told...he has had a better night last night but still not out of the danger time maybe being moved to leeds

thinking of you paul be strong
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr - 21:14

No more news yet
But no news is good news
As soon as I here anything I will let you know
Just can't stop thinking about him and his family Sad
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Apr - 21:19

thanks stan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
murraystephen
pro
pro
murraystephen

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Apr - 9:32

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Paul!
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Apr - 17:38

Hi

The hospital are going to try and wake Paul up on Monday

His condition is still the same

On the up side he is not getting any worse

The Champ is still in there and we all want him to win!
Back to top Go down
ted wilson
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Apr - 19:49

i am praying for you champ
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Apr - 20:07

thanks stan......... my finger are crossed come on paul........
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Apr - 12:33

wrote by neil pickup its from the northeast armwrestling forum

Hi Guys

sorry its taken so long to get on here & update things but to be honest there is little change in Paul's condition although every day he hangs in there the more his chances improve.

Paul is in an induced Coma to allow him to rest more completely and the medical staff are monitoring him very closely. The plan is that Paul will show enough improvement by early next week to be transferred to Leeds (a much better equipped Hospital to deal with Paul's current requirements)

Paul's liver had an allergic response to a high level of Vitamin A and triggered a total renal shut down. He had missed training on Sunday saying that he felt "a bit Ropey" bloated and thought he had "a touch of Flu !" He was still cracking jokes as usual when he changed colour whilst visiting his Mum's, he even continued his humour as he was rushed to Hospital after initial checks at his walk in Health Centre revealed a potentially far more serious issue.

Paul unfortunately slipped out of consciousness (probably mid Joke knowin our Boy Pongin Paul ) and his condition deteriorated alarmingly. The shut down of his major organs created a domino effect and Paul sufferded a serious Heart Attack and actually died before being jump started (he will like the bragging rights attached to that one WHEN he wakes up and gets better )

Paul's (ROCK) of a Wife Alex, was asked to stay at the Hospital on Tuesday through Wednesday as the Doctors didn't expect Paul to survive the night (then again they didn't know what a BIG DIRTY STUBBORN B*STARD OUR MIGHTY PAUL MAIDEN IS ) He did get through the night and he has now gone through three more since, PAUL IS ON IT. Alex told me she can FEEL IT, nobody knows Paul like she does and I could hear the renewed confidence in her voice yesterday.

She thanked everyone for your kind support and said that Paul would be very touched by the words and support from the Armwrestling community. The lass is a ROCK because personally I feel sick and am devastated that this has happened to our favourite Friggin idiot. Paul is a cornerstone athlete of our club our Country and our lives. He is our Big Strong, Piss taking, completely O.T.T. joke machine TOTAL D*CK and we all absolutely LOVE THE LAD, & I'm not just saying that because he has felt better either, its true, whether he is 100% healthy or in this tragic state, we all really do, everyone loves him. Paul is a TREMENDOUSLY CHARASMATIC FUN GUY, he is a man who makes you laugh so much that you Wee a bit......and you cannot buy that.

I cannot believe that this has happened to one of our "FreaKShop keepers" I've been knocking around with Paul for 15 fun filled years and have had some fantastic times with the Big Daft Bollox. If he went away my life and the lives of everyone connected to the man would have a massive hole to fill and I am simply not allowing that thought to enter my head, I did do early on BUT Paul is gonna be OK and he is gonna look back on this and brag to his boys Max & Paul about the week he went DEEEEEEEP INSIDE with Death........DRAGGED THE BASTARD BACK FROM THE PAD & BLASTED THROUGH HIM WITH A PRESS !!! THATS HOW ITS GONNA BE END OF.

All your messages are gonna be printed out for Alex to read to Paul guys as the Doctors have told her that Paul can hear things which she tells him despite being in the Coma. He will be lifted by your messages if thats the case, the lad ABSOLUTELY LOVES ARMWRESTLING & being a unique part of the Armwrestling family.

I'll get updates on here through myself, or one of the other people who have offered updates Malin, Charlie, JoJo Poole, Pete etc. as soon as I get them Guys

Thanks for your support of our Boy

Regards

Fat Lad Esq
Back to top Go down
Baz K
pro
pro
Baz K

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Apr - 15:29

Hi Folks...

Have been round to speak to Alex today, and she firstly wanted me to make sure that I let everyone know she appriciates all the words and messages that are on all the boards.. and wanted to say thanks for all the support from so many people.

Although they had mentioned today was going to be the day to look to wake him from the sedation, it is now going to be another day,, maybe tomorrow or Wed.. but this still could change. At this stage there isnt much more I can update you with.. but as soon as I have anymore news I will pass this on..

Could someone please transfer this over to the other boards for me..
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Apr - 15:36

thank you baz will do! x
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Apr - 20:09

thanks for the update baz...........
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Apr - 14:07

from Vic Sargent on the northeast board:

Quote :
I just got off the phone with Paul's wife Alex and I am sooooo glad we were able to chat for the last hour. Paul is deffinately not out of the woods however he has opened his eyes.. He may not have said a word however the look in his eyes confirmed that he is here and not willing to give up.. The doctors are trying to take Paul off some of the machines in order to see where Paul's body is right now as far as trying to function on its' own.

God Bless and God Speed my dear friend!!
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Apr - 16:32

thanks for this leon ......... vic a good mate of pauls.........
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Apr - 19:44

pauls sister has sent me a message he is no longer sidated and he is responding to family members all is looking good he is a real fighter!
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Apr - 20:14

thanks for that jo... Wink
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Apr - 21:14

thats great news... i know its very early days but its the rights direction
Back to top Go down
murraystephen
pro
pro
murraystephen

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Apr - 21:47

I agree Dean great news definately in the right direction, Paul is a fighter with amazing determination!!!!
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Apr - 13:19

i have some news but maybe not what we want to hear... he woke up yesterday morning was taken off the machines, but then later in the day had a relapes and had to be put back onto the machine, hopefully all will go well and he will be ok again, but he is still hanging in there still thinking of you paul!..
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Apr - 16:39

thanks for the update jo.......
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Apr - 9:39

Charlie Minell wrote on northeast message board..........

I got an e-mail from Amanda, Paul's big sister and she asked me to post this response to this thread on their families behalf:

"Paul and his family would like to thank the armwrestling community for their many thoughts, prayers and get well wishes - they are very much appreciated. Paul remains in a critical but stable condition in the Intensive Care Unit. Up until yesterday, Paul had been making slight improvements each and every day - he has had a minor setback - he has been trying 'too hard' and has over exerted himself. This has meant that Paul has had to temporarily be put back on the ventilator and be re-sedated to allow his body to recover - Paul is not and never has been in a 'coma'. Though sedated, Paul can hear and has been able to respond by nodding, thumbs up etc.
Despite yesterday's 'blip', Paul has been very settled overnight and all vitals are stable.
We are not yet certain what has caused Paul's condition - and at the moment this is not important - as a family our main concern is that Paul remains stable, makes progress, gets well and comes home to his family who love him with all our hearts and need him.
We do now know that Paul suffered a heart attack PRIOR to going in hospital, obviously he was unaware of this, complained of feeling 'rough', but continued to train, go to work etc which will have put a huge strain on his heart, and in turn, other major organs.
For those of you who know Paul - I'm sure that you will agree that he is as stubborn as a mule, as strong as an ox, and the single most determined and positive person I know - these are the qualities that will pull him through this difficult time. Paul will WIN this fight !!!
All your messages of support have been relayed to Paul - please feel free to e-mail me at: manda@charlieboy.fsnet.co.uk if you would like me to forward a message to Paul or would like to know how he is getting on - I will respond as soon as I am able to.
Once again, our most sincere thanks for all your messages of support to Paul and ourselves."
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr - 9:59

e-mail off paul big sister..amanda.. i told her about all our message on the forum for paul...

Morning Nick!

Thanks for that - I've printed out the messages for Paul and will read them to him when I go to the hospital later.
Some good news - when we got to the hospital yesterday Paul was wide awake and had been taken off his sedation. He was feeling 'ropey' but was smiling, and responding to questions etc with nods, winks and thumbs up. As you can imagine everyone was extremely happy. We just got to keep hoping and praying that every day from now on is going to be a good day!!!
Please feel free to post this message on your website - I would also appreciate it if you would thank everyone for their kind thoughts, prayers and get well wishes on behalf of myself, Alex and Paul's mum and dad.

Thanks again, amanda
Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr - 10:07

This sounds bloody great news!
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr - 11:53

Great news, I'm sure we'll see Paul back at the table soon. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr - 12:53

ive been holding my breath for too long... thats the news were all hoping for... keep it up Pal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.   Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Maiden in hospital...i have spoke to paul & he's put a message on here on 2nd may.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next