U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scottish Competition

Go down 
+2
The Journey Man
obk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
obk
pro
pro
obk

Scottish Competition Empty
PostSubject: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptySun 22 Mar - 21:32

We held our first competition up here yesterday in the Milngavie Ce Centre. Its not the first competition thats been held up in Scotland but it is the first competition that we have ran from our club. I have to admit that it felt like quite a success, Davie Scott and his wife Maureen arranged the comp and ran it without a hitch.

We had weight classes from 70kg through to 100kg+.There was a decent turn out with about 20 competitors and a few that didnt make it through to injury, at the moment I dont have any pics as I was taking part but a few of the guys that were there had cameras and they have a lot of pics so I will get them shortly and will put a few of them up.

Some of the bouts were outstanding, and we had bit of a crowd that had come to view the matches so there was a lot of impressed people, we also picked up another few members which is all good for the sport as a whole but especially up here in Scotland.
Back to top Go down
The Journey Man
Gold member
Gold member
The Journey Man

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptySun 22 Mar - 21:35

well done .nice to see other comps being held in the uk Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptySun 22 Mar - 21:44

Great work, the more people that get hooked the better, it'll be a nice road trip to come up to Scotland and pull in one of your comps.

Well done Owen.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptySun 22 Mar - 22:04

well done.... Davie , Maureen ,owen cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptySun 22 Mar - 22:46

cool! it will be nice to have a british championships with the competitors from all over the uk and not just england Smile well done guys
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptyMon 23 Mar - 19:07

Dan, any of you guys are more than welcome up here anytime.

I think there will be a few of us travelling down for the novices this year and hopefully a couple of us for arm wars next year.
Back to top Go down
*ANGIE*
Gold member
Gold member
*ANGIE*

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptyWed 16 Sep - 20:47

bounce Hi owen angie here , did you manage to get any photos of the competition in milngavie Question Question
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptyWed 16 Sep - 21:32

I didnt get any pictures of the comps in Milngavie as I was pulling. There are some pics on the bebo site, you can get them off there. I am positive that there is a few of Mark in there pulling. If you need access to it Mark should know the details, if not drop me a pm and I can give them to you! I am about 70% of the way through creating a website for Scottish Arm Wrestling, as soon as I get some time I will finish it and then we can get some of these pictures on there.

I am still raging about Davie Sharps elbow foul to beat me in the left hand final, if you get it Angie take a look at how far off the pad his elbow is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptyWed 16 Sep - 21:45

That's great Owen, you know me, anything to promote the sport. I don't have the bebo details, could you pm them to me? When did you start creating the site and how long do you think it'll be before it's up and running?
Back to top Go down
obk
pro
pro
obk

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptyWed 16 Sep - 21:51

Its not a forum, just a typical website. I started it a while back and although I have the structure and teh basics there I havent gone any further due to the baby and work taking all my time up. I will pm the details over to you in 2 secs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptyWed 16 Sep - 21:57

Cool, cheers m8. Ahhhhhh the joys of fatherhood. lol!
Back to top Go down
*ANGIE*
Gold member
Gold member
*ANGIE*

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition EmptyThu 17 Sep - 16:19

cheers Thank's owen can you pm me the details of the bebo site, i'll check it out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scottish Competition   Scottish Competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Scottish Competition
Page 1 of 1