Arm wrestling chat
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Sun 13 Apr - 2:42

I hear a lot of, 'he's obviously juiced' in armwrestling (often unfounded and based on the fact they have made significant progress or are ridiculously strong, or both).. Which is something I think a lot of us, including myself, use to try and explain the fact that someone has just beaten us in 0.2 seconds (despite the fact we probably put in max 7 hours training per week and they put in 20+!!)

7 x 52 = 364
20 x 52 = 1040

That's 676 MORE hours of training per year than you or I!!!

Of course their power and progress has nothing to do with them putting in MORE THAN DOUBLE the amount of training we do, week in, week out, year in, year out! Wink. It's all down to the steroids! Haha. (NB now think of this coupled with steroids and you see why it's my opinion that it's near impossible for a clean athlete to win a gold medal at worlds/Europeans).

I'm not saying that a lot of people are not on steroids in armwrestling (they clearly are as the results are showing), BUT, what are the tell tale signs, other than the fact he/she just beat you in 0.5 seconds and made you look like a little girl in front of your mum?! I could probably pick out those on steroids in a gym environment as they have a particular look (they look like they have a head that's about to burst.. Red with high blood pressure so they have to sun bed), but there aren't many with this traditional steroid user look in armwrestling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Tue 15 Apr - 0:31

Paul, Neil, Dan, Shaun - Any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sean paterson
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-11-11
Location : paisley

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Tue 15 Apr - 6:56

Steve Kirlew wrote:
Paul, Neil, Dan, Shaun - Any thoughts on this?
I do agree in this day and age it would be near very difficult to win a world title without using, one of the reasons some of these guys can bang in these kind of hours in the gym is because of what they r taking as it dramatically reduces ur recovery time, the fact is any power sport today will always have ppl using its just the nature of the beast these days and aw is no exception, but although it helps in aw i dont believe it is the be all and end all just look at young tom holland i can say with certainty that lad is clean and he it starting to dominate his weight but doing it on a world level i guess is a diff story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jerome Bloom
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-10-18
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Tue 15 Apr - 22:28

I truly believe that we can have a clean world or european champion. There are not many that train hard enough and can remain injury free, but I am sure that someone can thread that needle, that is without injecting with it! Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 16 Apr - 11:08

sean paterson wrote:
one of the reasons some of these guys can bang in these kind of hours in the gym is because of what they r taking as it dramatically reduces ur recovery time

VERY good point here Sean! I hadn't thought about that!

sean paterson wrote:
tom holland i can say with certainty that lad is clean and he it starting to dominate his weight but doing it on a world level i guess is a diff story.

Unfortunately that's not something you can say with certainly (unless there's something you're not telling us and you're Tom's partner and are will him at all times of the night and day??). I believe Tom is clean but you can never say that you know for a certainty when there's no way you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bradley The bomb martinez
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-11-26
Age : 32
Location : Cambridgeshire

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 16 Apr - 11:14

TOM IS CLEAN!

We shouldn't assume that arm wrestlers who are doing well are on stuff.

let tom speak for himself, I'd put my right bollok on tom being clean and without proof we shouldn't just assume he isn't or talk about the fact he might by just because he's doing well.

Innocent till proven guilty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 16 Apr - 12:08

Bradley The bomb martinez wrote:
TOM IS CLEAN!

We shouldn't assume that arm wrestlers who are doing well are on stuff.

let tom speak for himself, I'd put my right bollok on tom being clean and without proof we shouldn't just assume he  isn't or talk about the fact he might by just because he's doing well.

Innocent till proven guilty.

This was exactly my original point (we shouldn't jump to conclusions just because someone is doing well), BUT, all I'm saying is you cannot say he, or anyone else is clean because they are a nice guy or your mate (think of Lance Armstrong), just like you can't say someone is juiced because they are doing well (there are two sides to this coin and you cannot ignore one without the other)!

So many people are saying they know for a fact that someone is 100% clean and I ask them how they know and they say, 'they told me' or, 'he's a nice guy', or 'he just wouldn't do that' - that to me is a VERY WEAK argument IMO!

So let's not say people are defo clean or defo juiced until, like you say, 'proven guilty' or innocent - until then you DON'T know either way so it's best not to make sweeping statements when you DO NOT KNOW!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the machine
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2008-09-01
Age : 26
Location : slough

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 16 Apr - 18:06

If ANYBODY has any suspicions at all about me being on the juice. Please feel free to buy a testing kit. Ill do it straight away in front of you. Ive got nothing to hide. I train my fu***n a** off every week everyone has an opinion. But to be honest i don't really care. Important here to wrestle CLEAN. Infact put me first on the list to be tested in the country when random testing starts. Get it sorted ill Do a test any time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sean paterson
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-11-11
Location : paisley

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 16 Apr - 18:32

Steve Kirlew wrote:
sean paterson wrote:
one of the reasons some of these guys can bang in these kind of hours in the gym is because of what they r taking as it dramatically reduces ur recovery time

VERY good point here Sean! I hadn't thought about that!

sean paterson wrote:
tom holland i can say with certainty that lad is clean and he it starting to dominate his weight but doing it on a world level i guess is a diff story.

Unfortunately that's not something you can say with certainly (unless there's something you're not telling us and you're Tom's partner and are will him at all times of the night and day??). I believe Tom is clean but you can never say that you know for a certainty when there's no way you can.

Ur rite steve i dont know for certain all i can go on is my experience which is ppl on peds USUALLY have more bulk than tom also bench more than 95kg, im not being a dick by saying that btw tom just trying to make a point, that is why i believe peds will help to a degree in aw but no where near the advantage that would be gained by a powerlifter as alot of aw is wrist speed and tendon strength. That is why i used tom as an example because of how well he is doing and looks nothing like the token sted head, but no i dont know for certain but to quote brad id bet my right bollock hes clean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 16 Apr - 19:41

the machine wrote:
If ANYBODY has any suspicions at all about me being on the juice. Please feel free to buy a testing kit. Ill do it straight away in front of you. Ive got nothing to hide. I train my fu***n a** off every week everyone has an opinion. But to be honest i don't really care. Important here to wrestle CLEAN. Infact put me first on the list to be tested in the country when random testing starts. Get it sorted ill Do a test any time.

No one is accusing you of anything Tom, calm down mate ;p haha. P.S. I'll be free for training in a couple of weeks if you want? I'll need some serious rest after this weekend's training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 16 Apr - 19:41

sean paterson wrote:
Steve Kirlew wrote:
sean paterson wrote:
one of the reasons some of these guys can bang in these kind of hours in the gym is because of what they r taking as it dramatically reduces ur recovery time

VERY good point here Sean! I hadn't thought about that!

sean paterson wrote:
tom holland i can say with certainty that lad is clean and he it starting to dominate his weight but doing it on a world level i guess is a diff story.

Unfortunately that's not something you can say with certainly (unless there's something you're not telling us and you're Tom's partner and are will him at all times of the night and day??). I believe Tom is clean but you can never say that you know for a certainty when there's no way you can.

Ur rite steve i dont know for certain all i can go on is my experience which is ppl on peds USUALLY have more bulk than tom also bench more than 95kg, im not being a dick by saying that btw tom just trying to make a point, that is why i believe peds will help to a degree in aw but no where near the advantage that would be gained by a powerlifter as alot of aw is wrist speed and tendon strength. That is why i used tom as an example because of how well he is doing and looks nothing like the token sted head, but no i dont know for certain but to quote brad id bet my right bollock hes clean.

Fair point Sean Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul maiden
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 619
Join date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Thu 17 Apr - 13:54

hmmmmmmmmm great subject Steve i will be brutally honest i have my picks of some would say obvious and i have some not so obvious picks,fact is people are using,people are taking pro hormones (just as bad) tried the 4ad in 2004 i never hide the fact like todays sneaky i use creatine fibbers,bollocks pal i know what your up too don't try and trick me,oh you got spots pal not seen those before how old are yo 33 hmmmmmmm

anyway unto the individual you keep taking um and il keep smashing you and make you wonder if the stuff you bought was shit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Thu 17 Apr - 17:18

paul maiden wrote:
i know what your up too don't try and trick me,oh you got spots pal not seen those before how old are yo 33 hmmmmmmm

anyway unto the individual you keep taking um and il keep smashing you and make you wonder if the stuff you bought was shit

Thank you for the compliment Paul ;)x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paul maiden
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 619
Join date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Thu 17 Apr - 20:26

Steve funny enough pal I wasn't thinking of you,are you only 33??
But all seriousness it happens bit who cares
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 25
Location : slough

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Mon 7 Jul - 23:55

Im a world champion and i only drink 2 protein shakes a day so it is possible and roids are just as popular in womens and junior classes
Why make the argument its never gunna stop even if every puller got tested every year it wouldnt stop just get on with it and be true to yourself
I think i know tom better than any other puller since i was also beating his ass at 15 haha not a chance in hell he would cheat and i can say that for definate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Tue 8 Jul - 13:16

joanne wrote:
Im a world champion and i only drink 2 protein shakes a day so it is possible and roids are just as popular in womens and junior classes
Why make the argument its never gunna stop even if every puller got tested every year it wouldnt stop just get on with it and be true to yourself
I think i know tom better than any other puller since i was also beating his ass at 15 haha not a chance in hell he would  cheat  and i can say that for definate!

Is it better to brush it under the carpet and pretend it doesn't happen Jo?

My comments were in no way aimed at Tom being on gear (I don't believe he is - but I do not know) - it's best to not say 'I know' something when you do not know.. unless you are with someone 24hrs of the day, YOU DO NOT KNOW! Simple as that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 25
Location : slough

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Tue 8 Jul - 13:57

You dont need to be with them 24 hours a day to know a person anyone who does good at a sports gets accused its stupid
It might aswell be brushed under the carpet what good comes out of this? It will never change or stop pety accusations dont change things
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Tue 8 Jul - 14:24

joanne wrote:
You dont need to be with them 24 hours a day to know a person  anyone who does good at a sports gets accused its stupid
It might aswell be brushed under the carpet what good comes out of this? It will never change or stop pety accusations dont change things

Haha, I'll make this as clear as I can - I AM NOT ACCUSING TOM OR ANYONE OF BEING ON STEROIDS! Is that clear or would you like me to explain further?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Tue 8 Jul - 14:32

joanne wrote:
You dont need to be with them 24 hours a day to know a person  anyone who does good at a sports gets accused its stupid
It might aswell be brushed under the carpet what good comes out of this? It will never change or stop pety accusations dont change things

My argument is, you cannot say either way 'he/she is' or 'he/she isn't', so do not say 'he/she is' or 'he/she isn't' - the only person who really knows is the person taking/not taking until of course that person is tested correctly and sufficiently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 25
Location : slough

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 9 Jul - 12:02

I did not say YOU steven kirlew are accusising him did i? His name is brought up so im using him as an example too
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
avatar

Posts : 528
Join date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   Wed 9 Jul - 16:26

joanne wrote:
I did not say YOU steven kirlew are accusising him did i? His name is brought up so im using him as an example too

OK cool Smile x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'   

Back to top Go down
 
'HE'S OBVIOUSLY JUICED'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Orange Juice'd - My 77

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rossendale Armwrestling :: Arm wrestling chat-
Jump to: