U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wrestling VS Weight Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daz
Valued member
Valued member
daz

Wrestling VS Weight Training  Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling VS Weight Training    Wrestling VS Weight Training  EmptySun 16 Mar - 19:17

Do people weight train as much as they wrestle i.e train 2 days a week and wrestle 2 days a week ?

Is it perhaps best to train alternately - weekly training session followed by weekly wrestling within your club?
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training    Wrestling VS Weight Training  EmptySun 30 Mar - 11:40

at the moment i have just been pulley training on the table working on my fingers,wrist,side,rotation,hooking, dragging, back pressure etcs will be back on the table soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training    Wrestling VS Weight Training  EmptyMon 31 Mar - 13:02

daz wrote:
Do people weight train as much as they wrestle i.e train 2 days a week and wrestle 2 days a week ?

Is it perhaps best to train alternately - weekly training session followed by weekly wrestling within your club?

Hi Daz,

I find the best ratio is 2/3:1 i.e. 2/3 weight training sessions to 1 armwrestling session. I've always found this best as I believe the biggest power increases come from off the table and then are applied and brought together on the table. Some people would disagree of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling VS Weight Training    Wrestling VS Weight Training  Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling VS Weight Training
Page 1 of 1