U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryanh

New Member Empty
PostSubject: New Member   New Member EmptyWed 20 Feb - 1:49

Hello my name is Ryan, i am a strongman competition, been training 3.3 years, have gained some decent strength and size, i have been apraoched to start arm wrestling and i am really looking forward too it. I was wondering thought if anyone on here could recommend any equipment that would useful to train for wrist and foremarm strength, i have some grippers and have closed a COC 2.5 not that great but its a start, i love having lots of different bits of kit, so anything you can recommend would be great, and any exercises you recommend for foreman and wrist strength please state, will be a great help, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyWed 20 Feb - 18:49

hi ryan welcome to the forum, get to a club you will learn loads plus the lads at the club will explain all the best ways of training.
train your hands and wrist, but the key is learn how to wrestle on the table learning back pressure etcs,
check out the training forum page for a few training ideas study
hope that helps nick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyWed 20 Feb - 21:29

Hi Ryan, welcome mate. hand, wrist and back pressure would be my focus for aw training. Open hand and flat finger pressure more important than gripper style crush imo. Just have fun with it and figure out what works best. I'd recommend checking out any training vids by Devon Larratt or Engin Terzi and joining the John-Engin Armwrestling facebook page.

Where are you based? Worth getting along to your nearest AW club...
Back to top Go down
Ryanh

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member EmptyWed 20 Feb - 23:18

Thanks for the responses, i hope my back is strong i row 140kg and deadlift 305, but obviously its a different type of back strength, i am based in Cornwall, no clue where nearest is just one guy that has started abit down here, but i know my wrists are forearms need work, thats what hopefully i can get some advice on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member   New Member Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1