U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Progress with hooking strength?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dunkster
dunkster

Progress with hooking strength? Empty
PostSubject: Progress with hooking strength?   Progress with hooking strength? EmptyFri 6 Feb - 22:23

For all of you out there that have good hooking strength, how long did it take you to get to the stage where your strength in the hook started to improve where you felt confident? And did you gain your strength through table time, weights or a combo of both? And how did you specifically train for this on the table?
Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.gloucestertitans.com
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: Progress with hooking strength?   Progress with hooking strength? EmptySat 7 Feb - 11:16

first learn how to pull in the hook scratch i do a lot of pulley work & wrestling .to build my hook up....
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Progress with hooking strength?   Progress with hooking strength? EmptySat 7 Mar - 16:04

for the fist year my hook was quite strong, but could not always get opponents into it which was the main problem due to weak hand and fingers
so ive worked hard on them bits for a long time now. no point in having a great hook if someone can get out of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progress with hooking strength?   Progress with hooking strength? EmptySat 24 Oct - 12:37

Sounds similar to where i am nw Dean except i find it difficult to strengthen the fingers on my right hand because lf my wrist. Crying or Very sad Any suggestions Question Question afro
Back to top Go down
ted wilson
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: Progress with hooking strength?   Progress with hooking strength? EmptySat 24 Oct - 22:15

you dont always need a mega hand,its all in the set up,direction of hit,rotation and speed,...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Progress with hooking strength?   Progress with hooking strength? EmptySat 24 Oct - 22:59

Hmmmm, thanks Ted. We'll hook up again soon and you can show me mate. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress with hooking strength?   Progress with hooking strength? Empty

Back to top Go down

Progress with hooking strength?
Page 1 of 1