U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB

Go down 
+6
andrew
NickHall
dan
Pete
david horne
Leon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB Empty
PostSubject: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySat 3 Nov - 0:04

After the success of our debut event Armageddon: 'The End Is Nigh' which was held on the 27th October 2012, we figured we'd let you know what we have planned for future Armageddon Armwrestling events.

First off, we plan to run an event later next year with a similar format to 'The End Is Nigh' (i.e supermatch format followed by additional classes), but for our next event, Armageddon: 'Judgement Day', we'll be concentrating on main draw classes. 'Judgement Day' will be held mid-February 2013 at the same venue as before (Coombe Social Club, Coventry).

In the interests of making the competition as enjoyable as possible for the pullers we're going to run an 'Elite' class for the top level pullers. This will open up the field in the Pro classes, making them much more interesting and competitive, as well as giving the top guys some much tighter matches in the 'Elite' class.

Pro Classes:
-75kg left and right
-85kg left and right
-95kg left and right
95+kg left and right

Cash prizes and medals for the top three. In addition we're in discussion with our sponsor Powerbeck Sports Nutrition (www.powerbeck.com) about additional prizes for this class.

Novice Class:
Open weight left and right.
Trophies for the top 3.
(This class was very well attended at our last event so if there's enough interest beforehand we'll run novice -85kg left and right / +85kg left and right).

Elite Class:
Open weight left/right.
Prizes to be announced...

More news to follow soon, including video footage from 'The End Is Nigh'!

cheers

Armageddon Armwrestling
www.facebook.com/armageddonarmwrestling
www.armageddonarmwrestling.com
Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySat 3 Nov - 6:48

Fantastic!
I will be a definite for this.

Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySat 3 Nov - 6:50

Sounds mega Leon. Count me in.

Cash prizes Very Happy i can see the UK's very own mini Nemiroff taking shape cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySat 3 Nov - 8:44

I'm on it, well up for this.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySat 3 Nov - 11:04

looking good.. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySat 3 Nov - 23:51

Will this not clash with the new year cup?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySun 4 Nov - 11:18

NYC IN JANUARY
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySun 4 Nov - 12:10

Very interesting weight classes but very good it should get seriously stacked with those and make it very competitive
Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySun 4 Nov - 12:22

Yep big classes are very useful for anyone who wants to be participating in the World's, also you get a lot of different styles of pullers to go against in a contest format.
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
Dave Shaw
Gold member
Gold member
Dave Shaw

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySun 4 Nov - 12:33

Couldnt make the last one but will be sure to get to this one Smile

Also be good to see i some more forign guys compete ? !!
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptySun 4 Nov - 14:16

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the consideration mate, hopefully however there should be no Clash with the "Enter The Lions Den" B.A.F. New Year Cup event, as it's currently scheduled to take place on Saturday, January the 12th.

I'd suggest that its both healthy and effecient for any progressive experienced Puller, with sound technique & no injuries, to be able to Armwrestle competatively once every month.

I expect that the Preston Panthers will look to be Pulling something together event wise, in late April / May as usual so the domestic Calendar is looking pretty solid for the Sharp end of 2013.

The format looks pretty good for this next "Armageddon Show", everyone knows I like the Elite Class idea although I'd always put the Elite lads into 6 Rounders through the year Vs. each other, event to event, rather than in a Main Draw format as the Elite level clashes are often the ones that the Pullers all want to see, from a simple curiosity perspective, hence the old "IRON ARM" U.K. Super Series concept (which I still think is great lol).

I will put this one in my Diary & try my best to come along to support the show, maybe see if I can register any impact in that Elite Open Class.

Good luck with the Show Guys

Cheers

Neil Wink

Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptyTue 6 Nov - 19:49

Yes, I think a comp per month is very feasible. In my experience people are back at training the week or so after a comp, barring any injurys, so more events can only be a good thing Smile

Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptyTue 6 Nov - 21:26

I'm hoping to run a comp mid March time, possibly the 16th, it will be something very different to what everyone is used to.
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptyWed 7 Nov - 14:11

Well go on Dan?
Back to top Go down
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptyWed 7 Nov - 22:41

Are there any novice pullers in the 80 kg class who are just starting out like myself? i am in this category and am not aware of any potential new pullers in this category who could be potential contenders to pull with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptyFri 9 Nov - 18:13

Novice class will be open weight, with possible split at 85kg, as Leon states above. In general there are loads of novice guys under 80kg.

The last comp attracted some foreign pullers from the London camp, so I'm sure they will feature at the next one.

It was also great to see some old faces back in action.

Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB EmptyFri 16 Nov - 20:45

We'll be announcing the date for Judgement day in the next few days and hopefully some information regarding the prizes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB   ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB Empty

Back to top Go down

ARMAGEDDON: JUDGEMENT DAY - MID FEB
Page 1 of 1