U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?

Go down 
+3
The Aggressor
sean paterson
andrew
7 posters
AuthorMessage
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? Empty
PostSubject: ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?   ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? EmptyWed 26 Sep - 23:19

There is much confusion over whether armwrestlers are players or atheletes and exactly what is the difference between the two. My defination is that with the exeption of football and rugby etc the defination is that atheletes move over a distance and players stay in one place.I say armwrestlers are players as they stay in one place like darts,snooker and other table games.Indeed armwrestling could be considered a table game in this context.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
sean paterson
pro
pro
sean paterson

PostSubject: Re: ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?   ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? EmptyThu 27 Sep - 6:58

So with that in mind would u also consider a power lifter a player i would say there is no doubt a power lifter is an athlete yet he stays in one place, my definition of an athlete is someone who has to train their bodies to a certain degree to allow them to compete at a required level regardless of weather the sport is mobile of stationary.
Back to top Go down
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?   ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? EmptyThu 27 Sep - 13:08

I agree Sean , going on what your saying bay watch what would you call a boxer or a judo player are they not atheletes ?
Back to top Go down
Freak
Gold member
Gold member
Freak

PostSubject: Re: ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?   ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? EmptyThu 27 Sep - 19:30

What about tennis players? Do they not move around?
Armwrestlers are athletes they're also competitors.
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?   ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? EmptyThu 27 Sep - 21:35

Any sport that needs physical training is a athelete Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Moo*
Valued member
Valued member
*Moo*

PostSubject: Re: ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?   ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? EmptyFri 28 Sep - 22:47

'A person possessing the natural or acquired traits, such as strength, agility, and endurance, that are necessary for physical exercise or sports, especially those performed in competitive contexts.'

Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?   ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? EmptyTue 2 Oct - 15:54

I was a player now I've settled down with my girlfriend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?   ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES? Empty

Back to top Go down

ARE ARMWRESTLERS PLAYERS OR ATHELETES?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
U.K. Armwrestling :: Arm wrestling chat-
Jump to: