U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE USE OF CHALK IN AW

Go down 
+3
The Aggressor
Anthony
andrew
7 posters
AuthorMessage
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

THE USE OF CHALK IN AW Empty
PostSubject: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyWed 19 Sep - 22:58

One thing i feel i would like to comment on is that dreadful antisocial habit of smothering the table surface with chalk.What purpose does this serve,as to me it looks like an act of desecration and vandalism as this terrible mess destroys the table surface as why would one want to desecrate quality equipment especially Mazureka.How does one clear up this terrible mess and is it acceptable to do this?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyThu 20 Sep - 9:34

chalk = grip!

the table wont be damaged by chalk and any excess can be hoovered up (by the mrs)

Back to top Go down
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyThu 20 Sep - 13:11

I don't know Anthony I have heard the chalk can damage mazureka tables ,I think mazurenko ones will be ok though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyThu 20 Sep - 14:14

THE USE OF CHALK IN AW Chalky10

here's a pic of my table after a typical session Wink
Back to top Go down
andrew
Silver Member
Silver Member
andrew

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyThu 20 Sep - 19:45

What a terrible mess! "Henry" would get most of it but not the white residue! Only washing would clean it up.how does one do this without desecrting the surface by wetting it?This looks like a homemade table as it is nothing like Mazureka.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Freak
Gold member
Gold member
Freak

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyThu 20 Sep - 21:23

"Desecrate the surface by wetting it"? Andrew, Mazurenko tables are covered with PVC are they not?
I'd imagine it's water-resistant enough to wash with a damp cloth.
Back to top Go down
Leon
Gold member
Gold member

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyFri 21 Sep - 2:10

If you're worried about getting your table dirty I wouldn't hold a training day - one of Dan's chalk blocks will probably get smashed on it as the first order of business!

Arm wrestling tables are built to take a lot of abuse, arm wrestling is an intensive sport. Chalk is an unreactive substance and can easily be wiped off the pvc table top with a wet cloth. As Anthony says you chalk your hand to get a better grip.

Sorry to ruin everyone's fun but In case you haven't noticed the polish table manufacturer you keep referring to is named MAZURENKO (founded by IGOR MAZURENKO the famous armwrestler/promoter) NOT "Mazureka" as you keep saying. Look at the spelling on the engraved plate on the side of your table top.
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyFri 21 Sep - 8:42

A bit of chalk never hurt anybody lol. I can't remember the last time i wiped my table top down... Mazurenko A/W tables are built for that kind of abuse not to be polished up and put on the mantle piece
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW EmptyFri 21 Sep - 22:25

my table has chalk,blood,elbow skin,sweat,tears,bandits ball bag hairs and Rob Bonds balding wig it's going good and strong and it loves the aim being used feel by world class pullers -Smile and when it's time for a RIP I will buy another Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE USE OF CHALK IN AW   THE USE OF CHALK IN AW Empty

Back to top Go down

THE USE OF CHALK IN AW
Page 1 of 1