U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Key battles at the british

Go down 
+8
KING EDWARD
Pete
wiSë™
dan
The Aggressor
Steve Kirlew
Anthony
paul maiden
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

Key battles at the british Empty
PostSubject: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptySun 5 Aug - 13:12

Name them and why????

Knowles vs Rogers should be a cracker if recent form has anything to show,bandit with a recent loss to ted will be itching to restore his current no.1 spot in the -70s Rogers struggling with injuries and work related issues last year is revitalised and doesn't just look but is a new man in 2012,power goes with Steve,stamina with baz and with the ever improving Chris waters in there he could be a spoiler winner hmmm
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptySun 5 Aug - 17:43

Loads of great match-ups and looking forward to some big classes. 80/85/90 could go anywhere imo, 70/75 bound to be fruity with usual suspects. Not sure about 100/110/+ depends who's pulling with worlds around the corner.

Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 7 Aug - 12:07

Anthony wrote:
80/85/90 could go anywhere imo.

80 - Criag
85 - Me
90 - Andy

Unless Andy goes to 85 or Craig does 75.
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 7 Aug - 12:08

paul maiden wrote:
Name them and why????

Knowles vs Rogers should be a cracker if recent form has anything to show,bandit with a recent loss to ted will be itching to restore his current no.1 spot in the -70s Rogers struggling with injuries and work related issues last year is revitalised and doesn't just look but is a new man in 2012,power goes with Steve,stamina with baz and with the ever improving Chris waters in there he could be a spoiler winner hmmm

I'm looking forward to seeing that one too Paul.

I love it when you don't know who's going to win!

I have no idea who's doing what weight classes as people seem to be going up and down classes strategically... I've decided I'm doing 85kg and will have a go at the champion of champions also.
Back to top Go down
The Aggressor
pro
pro
The Aggressor

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 7 Aug - 12:36

I think the 85's and 90's could go to a number of pullers IMO
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 7 Aug - 13:21

The Aggressor wrote:
I think the 85's and 90's could go to a number of pullers IMO

Who do you think's in the running for each?
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 7 Aug - 15:08

what if craig pulls -85?

i also heard that slavi could be pulling -85/-90...there's possibly a few other 'british nationals' that could enter, like at the novice last year. i believe if they are living here and are not competing in another national championship abroad, they are eligable. atleast that is how it was explained to me at the novice when several europeans entered. there's also the ireland crew...

far from a closed deal imo.

dont have nightmares tho kids.

Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 7 Aug - 16:01

If Craig pulls 85s then he wins.

Who's Zlavi? He's not the new Lithuanian that pulled in MK is he?

If Europeans pull then that's a whole different story as I don't know who they are until the day...

Back to top Go down
dan
pro
pro
dan

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 7 Aug - 16:07

You can only enter if you are a British citizen, living here doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 7 Aug - 17:01

slavi is a bulgarian chap who lives derby way (i think), but those 2 lithuanian chaps from the MK comp could be there.

i don't know the official ruling on citzienship, but this could be tricky to police in any case. i'm simply using the novice 2011 as president, take a look back at the results...

https://armwrestling.forummotion.com/t3764-baf-british-novice-2011-results

i didn't see passports Wink

Back to top Go down
wiSë™
pro
pro
wiSë™

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyWed 8 Aug - 13:47

Steve Kirlew wrote:
Anthony wrote:

80 - Criag
85 - Me
90 - Andy

Guys-

I won't make 85's and I seriously doubt I'll even get a pin in the 90's (if I can manage to drop a few kg's that is!)

I want to try and pull so that I can at least be there to defend my title - but alas my reign is over lol

Shame I didn't make it to 85's to pull you Steve for your last British - your looking very powerful from what I've seen - looking good!

Good luck to all competing for the British titles!

Wise™
Back to top Go down
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyWed 8 Aug - 15:14

You said that last time at the NYC Andy then whooped everyones ass lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyThu 9 Aug - 15:08

wiSë™ wrote:
Steve Kirlew wrote:
Anthony wrote:

80 - Criag
85 - Me
90 - Andy

Guys-

I won't make 85's and I seriously doubt I'll even get a pin in the 90's (if I can manage to drop a few kg's that is!)

I want to try and pull so that I can at least be there to defend my title - but alas my reign is over lol

Shame I didn't make it to 85's to pull you Steve for your last British - your looking very powerful from what I've seen - looking good!

Good luck to all competing for the British titles!

Wise™

Thanks a lot Andy.

You always seem to step up when it counts so I have no doubt you will win!

See you next week.
Back to top Go down
wiSë™
pro
pro
wiSë™

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyThu 9 Aug - 15:23

[quote="Steve Kirlew"]
wiSë™ wrote:
Steve Kirlew wrote:

Thanks a lot Andy.

You always seem to step up when it counts so I have no doubt you will win!

See you next week.

Problem is I dont think it does count for me anymore! but I'll try pull as best I can — just not holding my breath ( apart from sucking in my belly) LOL

Last edited by wiSë™ on Thu 9 Aug - 15:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wiSë™
pro
pro
wiSë™

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyThu 9 Aug - 15:26

Another year without lifting or pulling has taken it's toll mate — That 90Kg title is up for easy pickings!

I'll be putting a bit of cash on you Peter for the 90Kg… who else should be in there?

Rimner?
Terry i think is 100's?

Any of our non British friends pulling the British?
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyThu 9 Aug - 18:04

In order to Pull in the British National Championships (to be clear : thats THE BRITISH PRO's) you need to be in posession of a Full British Passport / U.K. Passport (or Scottish / Irish / Welsh) and also have NOT pulled in any other National Championship that year.

This is the Basic BAF, EAF & WAF criteria, it is easy to determine / Police therefore IF you feel that you or any of your team mates may be questioned about your Nationality please ensure that you / they, bring along their passport, as proof, as there will be no exceptions to this rule on the day

Thanks

Neil
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyThu 9 Aug - 18:06

ps. Andy isn't lying he really is Old, Fat & Shit !

MAYBE not as Old, Fat or Shit as me BUT Old, Fat n SHIT nevertheless !!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyFri 10 Aug - 9:13

I would have liked to have come up and watched the comp, but I'm running a comp myself on Saturday.
Anyway, all the best to all who are competing!
David
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyFri 10 Aug - 10:54

Thanks David, hope your comp goes well and all the best to everyone competing
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptySat 11 Aug - 20:16

Terry Ackers claims to be mega maybe he can upset pickup in the -100s if Neil makes it I no he's heavy and has nothing to prove going into the worlds,so he may nip into the -110s were a ever improving Gary ricketts will be looming maybe even a Marvin Palmer could be back and in the mix exciting times
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptySun 12 Aug - 9:08

Paul Waters - for me as improved loads again

Peter Henderson - for me is the most unproved this year

Stu Hall - will still be hard to beat as always

Barker - weak not trained will still beat most

Ste Kirlew - well can’t knock the guy always comes strong

Neil Pickup - think he is still struggling with injury's but like Andy still beat most

Paul Maiden - 100kg class i think he will not be troubled right arm

Chris Rimmer - Only just started training again - but left could still get top 3

Ted Wilson - big hand and trained will be hard to beat - for me he wins

Ste rogers - Not a clue where he is at but I’m sure he will still be mega

Chris Ham - in Ibiza eating drinking Smile

Craig Sanders - I really cant see him losing

Samson - not sure what class hes pulling but possible could medal

Alex Atkinson - First British should be interesting strong if he can get in the match

Barry Knowles - Again not sure where he is training wise - but last time i pulled him strong for a little dude

Dean Scarsbrook - If he comes strong could upset the apple cart

Gary Rickett - left arm winner - looking forward to seeing him in the champion of champions

Stan Dickenson - seems like this guys has been wrestling 100 years - big strong and loads of experience. can he win 100kg maybe

Terry Ackers - total injury free -my big improvement over the last 5 months is my hand and wrist looking forward to pulling.

I really think this years British will be the best attended for some time - good look to ever one pulling

Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptySun 12 Aug - 10:43

A lot depends on the luck of the draw Very Happy
If you get the two top seeds it could be over quick Sad
So good luck to every one and pull your best Very Happy

Terry my body feels like its been pulling for a 100 years Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
paul maiden
pro
pro
paul maiden

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptySun 12 Aug - 11:18

I don't think Neil is injured at the mo terry and he will win -100 if he makes it or -110 Iam going and may make the numbers if I feel I can little baz popped my cartilage out my ribs last Friday so struggling lye down never mind wrestle
Back to top Go down
Dave Shaw
Gold member
Gold member
Dave Shaw

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptySun 12 Aug - 18:33

Paul Mitchell Will be there and he's looking strong !!!
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british EmptyTue 14 Aug - 12:17

Dave Shaw wrote:
Paul Mitchell Will be there and he's looking strong !!!

Yes he's strong!

Craig will be pulling 85s so watch out anyone in that class... Oh wait, that's me! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Key battles at the british   Key battles at the british Empty

Back to top Go down

Key battles at the british
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next