U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN

Go down 
+16
joanne
Martin
The Journey Man
Anthony
murraystephen
Pete
david horne
stan
Donald Fraser
peter
Dave Shaw
Dean
Freak
NickHall
stuart hall
KING EDWARD
20 posters
AuthorMessage
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  Empty
PostSubject: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 21:10

Hi Guys,

I regret to inform everyone that after feeling unwell for over a month, the Original Lion Heart of British Armwrestling "COLD" Ian Stones is tonight seriously ill, though thankfully now stable, in Blackburn's Royal Infirmary.

Ian had been absent from training for over a month, after beginning to feel unwell approx. one week after successfully defeating Jan Eric Sunde at ARM WARS "FAHRENHEIT" in Madrid, Spain.

He did not recover and began to feel progressively worst until he was rushed into Hospital on Thursday morning via ambulance when blood tests taken on Wednesday revealed that Ian's infection was off the charts & he was very poorly indeed.

Ian has somehow contracted a serious Blood infection which has attacked his whole body and most significantly his heart where serious damage has unfortunately been done.

Ian's wife Kaye has informed me that Ian will now be kept in the Cardiology ward at Blackburn Infirmary for 6 - 8 weeks, where he will be monitored, whilst medical staff assure themselves that his heart is once again sterile via administering a specific long term course of strong anti-biotics.

Once they have managed to clear the infection from his vital organs he will then have to be transferred to Blackpool Cardiology department where he will under go Heart surgery which should hopefully allow him to make an effective long term recovery.

I have spoken to Ian today & whilst sedated and clearly groggy and under the weather his spirits remain good, with his natural optimism & massive determination are there for all to see yet again.

I am personally GUTTED that this has happened to Ian Stones, who is quite simply one of the most genuine, friendly & courageous individuals that I have ever known and is a man whom I am proud to count amongst my closest friends in or out of Armwrestling.

Its a massive blow to our sport that one of British Armwrestling most enduring and key characters has become seriously ill.

Hopefully my little mate will once again prove that he is the very definition of a Champion, "a Man who gets up.......when he can't !"

All our Strength & Will to you Ian, get well soon lil Lion Wink

Hugs

Nez , Ally & Dempsey x
Back to top Go down
stuart hall
pro
pro
stuart hall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 22:04

this is some shocking news to hear that ian is in hospital, but if anyone can get through this it is ian, all my support go's out to ian and his family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 22:22

stay strong ian my prayer are with you my friend.
Back to top Go down
Freak
Gold member
Gold member
Freak

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 22:30

terrible news, best of luck for you ian mate, i hope you make a full recovery and get back to health asap.
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 22:34

Its hard to know what to write when someone we all like and respect gets poorly.

Were all thinking of you Ian, and wish you all the best in your recovery.
Back to top Go down
Dave Shaw
Gold member
Gold member
Dave Shaw

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 22:42

Hard times and its hard to find words, just keep fighting Ian pull through it !!

All the armwrestlers are with you wanting you fighting fit again.

Back to top Go down
peter
pro
pro
peter

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 22:45

The right words I dont have shocking news but Ian is a great man & one hell of a fighter.Get well soon my friend & best wishes to your family
love
Peter
Back to top Go down
Donald Fraser
Silver Member
Silver Member
Donald Fraser

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 22:47

Get well soon Ian, from all the guy's at the Milngavie armwrestling club.

Last edited by Donald Fraser on Sun 6 Nov - 10:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stan
pro
pro
stan

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySat 5 Nov - 22:48

Ian might be a little man but a big heart
He is a part of the British team now the team should be behined him
Good luck Ian and fight lick you never have before the teams behined you little bud
Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 7:03

Very sad news, and a totally top bloke.
Apart from the obvious physical illness that he has, Ian and his family will also be under immense emotional stress, I know how that feels with what happened recently. I'm sure any messages and comments will be a great help to Ian and family as the weeks go by.

Get well soon.
David & Elizabeth
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
Pete
pro
pro
Pete

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 8:41

Terrible news.
Get well soon Ian, my thoughts go out to you and family.
Back to top Go down
david horne
pro
pro
david horne

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 10:53

Hey Guys and Gals.
I'm just throwing an idea out here.

I'd guess Ian will have access to tv and internet in the hospital.

Anyway, just thought, would it be nice for us to put up regular youtube videos for Ian, of training, or feats of strenth, or chat, banter, whatever.

Just title it 'Get well Ian Stones', and that way he can find them easy.

Idea, any good?
I'd do some vids.

David
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/index.html
murraystephen
pro
pro
murraystephen

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 11:23

Very sorry to hear of this terrible news.

My thoughts are with you, Ian and your family. Wishing you a full recovery soon mate.

Take care

Murray
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Gold member
Gold member
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 11:34

Stay strong bro
Back to top Go down
The Journey Man
Gold member
Gold member
The Journey Man

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 11:43

Get Well Soon Ian.
Back to top Go down
Martin
Valued member
Valued member
Martin

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 13:14

Get well soon Ian.
Back to top Go down
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 15:27

Got a text off ian.
Back to top Go down
joanne
World Champion
World Champion
joanne

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 17:53

absolutely gutted! me and kevin will be thinking of you everyday Ian, your such a beautiful man and this should never have happened keep going strong lik we all know you are
in our thoughts
jo and kevin x
Back to top Go down
http://joannethehitwomanpoole.blogspot.com
Anil Najran - BB team
pro
pro
Anil Najran - BB team

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptySun 6 Nov - 22:32

Wish u a speed recovery Ian, get well soon.
Back to top Go down
ryan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
ryan

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptyMon 7 Nov - 10:44

Get well soon Ian! All the best from MKAF/Bedford Armwrestling!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkarmwrestling.co.uk
puremagic
pro
pro
puremagic

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptyMon 7 Nov - 17:08

Get well soon Ian!

My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family and friends.
Back to top Go down
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
pro
pro
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  EmptyMon 7 Nov - 17:45

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Ian. Jason and Mandy
Back to top Go down
http://atlaslandscapingltd@yahoo.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN    BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN  Empty

Back to top Go down

BRITISH ARMWRESTLINGS LITTLE LION, DOWN
Page 1 of 1