U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hand injury/ gripper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alikhan

hand injury/ gripper Empty
PostSubject: hand injury/ gripper   hand injury/ gripper EmptyMon 8 Dec - 19:19

Hey David. Thanks for the help.

2 questions David:

1) I like to do grippers at times (not always for amrwrestling but just for fun..). How would you fit gripper work around armwrestlign work. When i am training armwrestlign my arms remain too sore over the week to do any decent gripper work (i like to do maxes.). Any suggestiosn there?
2) While working toproll the left hand side of my (right) hand, includign the last two fingers (pinky and one next to it) got injured. I dont know what went wrong but the left side of the hand (if palm is facing me) got very tender.. i cant put any sort of pressure on that side. there was pain in that side of the wrist too. I cant open a jar.. cant place my hand on floor.. the left side hurts. Some say it could be ulnar never (bcz only last two fingers and that side of the hand are affected).. other say i might have injured the muscle on that side of the hand..what goes? Its been like 3 months and recovery has been very very slow. I cant train my right in the gym at all, neither can i do any other stuff (benchign rowing etc... hand is way too tender..i cant even get into push up position). Do you have a clue of what coudl have gone wrong? how to recvoer it??

Alll help will be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hand injury/ gripper   hand injury/ gripper EmptyThu 17 Sep - 1:51

It's important you get this checked with the orthopaedics at your local hospital as soon as possible. There too many parts that make up the hand to get an exact evaluation of your injury. You will first have to determine and try to isolate the sorce of the pain. This may be muscular, related to the tendon or bone. If the sorce of the pain is on your pinky side of the hand this is were you will find the hypothenar muscles. Again it is important to determine if the pain is actually in that muscle, tendons or bone. There twelve tendons in the hand, these extend from larger tendons in the forearms (flexor tendons). You have tendons running over the back of the hand (extensor), because they extend and tendons running along the palm side (flexor), because they flex. Determine if the pain is present when you extend or flex your fingers. The orthopaedic department will be able to x-ray your hand to see if it is bone related.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hand injury/ gripper   hand injury/ gripper EmptyThu 17 Sep - 2:02

There are 8 bones in the wrist (carpal bones) and damage to any of these can affect the muscles and tendons in the hand and fingers. There are 3 carpal bones on the pinky side of your wrist (hamate), which is closest to your hand and the (triquetrum and pisiform), which are closer to your ulna (the thinner forearm bone). These two bones are very close to each other. This is only a description of the make up on the pinky side of your hand and wrist but should help you to better locate the source of your injury and pain. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hand injury/ gripper   hand injury/ gripper Empty

Back to top Go down

hand injury/ gripper
Page 1 of 1