U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011

Go down 
+10
KING EDWARD
Pete
bulldog
stan
MIGHTY PAUL
madmurf
NickHall
Dean
Martin
terryackers
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jan - 13:42

KING EDWARD wrote:
Yeah I'm up for that mate, no problem

Neil

Hi Neil iam replying here to your txt bud because my iphone will not respond and is in the shop:(

firstly with the eurosport not wanting two UK pullers that understandable but maybe you can swing it if its for a title? after all you could sell great whites to the fishes Very Happy

if not i would be willing to pull later in the year at a seperate event if it can still be made for the title? 0ver 6 rounds? it would be for the light heavy weight title so looking at the list of pullers in that cat i should imagine weight being 95s-100kg?

thanks
Paul

Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jan - 16:43

Hi Paul,

As stated in the sms there are two issues with a match in ARM WARS Super Series ie. Eurosport Shows.

Firstly as you know we've been asked to avoid UK Vs UK (or any other European Country Vs Country matches where ever possible) only USA Vs USA and in the Super Heavyweights seems to be slightly more acceptable, partially as it has been explained that the Supers are more restricted in terms of the athlete match making and athlete numbers.

Secondly, I don't mean this disrespectfully BUT you have been effectively out since IRON CURTAIN therefore to walk back in and get a Title Shot immediately would almost certainly be Internationally percieved as slightly unfair to some of the other lads who wanna Kick my Ass (or at least try to either way) and who have been active Ryan Clark USA, John Milne Canada, Greg Schneider France, Jimmy Cebula Sweden etc. etc. with all due respect you would need to knock off a few names, as I have had to ie. Vodak, Salvatore, Clark, Johnson, Glowinski, Allen etc. first in order to justify the shot. I have no doubt that you may well be capable of doing that however I am sure that you and everyone else out there is aware that thats how it would need to be done. Getting an immediate title shot without ANY build up or alternative justification for the shot, would be frowned upon Internationally.

Anyway, my plan as previously discussed, had been to get you back in action at the next event with someone like Ryan Clark, Doug Allen or John Milne, then start you rolling from there and work your way up to a Title Shot with two or three wins under your belt.

Then IF I still held the title later in the year it would be for the title were we to meet in the ARM WARS Super Series, I obviously cannot guarantee that that will be the case as I myself would like to pull a few dangerous athletes in 2011 and may possibly get Whipped in the process !

Eitherway regardless of whether or not I had the title OR in fact whether it was in ARM WARS for the Eurosport Show doesn't change the degree of effort which I would put into the match, IN FACT I may be stronger (with a less stressed & clearer head, as the organization wouldn't be grinding me as severely) were we to meet in another event IRON ARM for example over six Rounds as per the proposal which you opted out of last year. We could just juggle the starting order and I'll pull you first. Whenever you feel like your ready, if thats now then lets do it soon as possible, if its later in the year and I'm fit to pull, then ya won't have to look to find me, I'll be waiting and as ready as I can be.

Cheers

Neil Wink

Last edited by KING EDWARD on Tue 4 Jan - 23:15; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*Moo*
Valued member
Valued member
*Moo*

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jan - 21:42

[center]
Secondly, I don't mean this disrespectfully BUT you have been effectively out since IRON CURTAIN therefore to walk back in and get a Title Shot immediately would almost certainly be Internationally percieved as slightly unfair

Let's not forget Paul didn't choose to be 'out of the sport' for as long as he was - he had no option - in fact it is nothing short of a miracle he is alive cheers let alone able to partake in the sport that he loves and respects.

Paul would not want to 'jump' the queue either - he is simply eager! Laughing

Don't worry kidder no matter how long it takes (I know it won't be long) and no matter the order in which you need to take people on to achieve your goals - I know YOU WILL DO IT !

I look forward to seeing Paul and those of you I know (and don't) compete in 2011 - Happy training everyone!

Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jan - 23:11

Hi Moo,

I hadn't forgotten that.

Unfortunately having an option or not is of absolutely no consequence mate.

Michael Todd the ARM WARS Heavyweight Champion (Left Handed) was pulling recently in a match against Super Heavyweights when his Arm was unfortunately broken.

As a result he will be unable to defend his Left Handed ARM WARS Heavyweight title and therefore there will have to be an interim Heavyweight Champion established until Michael works his way back to the level where is is viably able to challenge for a title he lost through no fault of his own (as Michael was the undefeated Champion when he became injured he will get the earliest viable opportunity after a couple of matches).

Thats how combat sport (in fact any sport) works.

Another example would be when a Pro Footballer snaps his Cruciate knee ligaments and is forced out of the 1st Team (even if the player is considered the Best in the World) another player will be put into the side to replace him whilst he is out through no fault of his own and the injured player will start in the Reserves and have to earn his place back in the 1st Team by demonstrating that his match fitness and capabilities are once again superior to the player that is currently in the 1st Team.

I don't doubt Paul will be a Force in the sport of Armwrestling again, I wish him every success in achieving his Goals in the sport, there is NOTHING wrong with eager and I will assist him where and when I can.

I don't actually understand why my comments should have been interpreted by anyone as a Punishment of sorts for being out of the Sport since Jan 09, but for absolute clarity, it is nothing of the sort but rather is simply a statement of fact concerning the ARM WARS Super Series events and how any athletes progression to a Title works. There needs to be a credible angle or justification for the shot, this is ordinarily created by appearances and a winning streak in the Series alternatively lets say an athlete was the newly crowned PAL Pro Champion or WAF World Champion for example, quite simply there has to be a justification and legitimacy and unfortunately due to his unfortunate circumstances Paul doesn't have that back YET.

ANY ROAD UP ! as for a Supermatch against Paul, (which was actually the point of this topic) as I've already stated it would be my pleasure to pull him and win or loose I'm more than Happy to do so either right now or later in the year as required

Cheers

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
*Moo*
Valued member
Valued member
*Moo*

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jan - 7:34

I don't actually understand why my comments should have been interpreted by anyone as a Punishment of sorts for being out of the Sport since Jan 09

Neil - just to clarify ...

Your comment above was not interpreted as a 'punishment' of any sort - I have supported my brother throughout his armwrestling career and I am aware of the order of how things work - I was simply stating a fact - Paul was out of the sport from APRIL 2009 through no choice of his own - not a whim, long holiday or that he just got fed up for a while etc.

The reason I felt it necessary to state that fact - looking at Paul now, it can sometimes be all too easy too forget just what happened to him and how hard it has been for him to reach where he is at today. As his big sister, I am simply, just extremely proud of his determination and acomplishments following his recovery - the comment I made was nothing more, nothing less.

The thread of the topic was you V Paul supermatch - and as I stated I look forward to watching my brother compete in 2011 - against anyone - for that is miracle enough for his family - win,lose or draw!

Moo

Last edited by *Moo* on Wed 5 Jan - 7:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Crappy grammar!)
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jan - 11:21

Well, thats Fair enough Lass.

Of course you are gonna be proud of Paul, he is your Brother and also a very talented Armwrestler, as you say his recovery from a tragic and extremely serious health issue has been nothing short of miraculous.

Its a measure of his skill and character that he is back and pulling as well as he clearly is.

Good for him ! and hopefully he is still only warming up in terms of his eventual level of overall health and fitness, as well as his capabilities in the Sport of Armwrestling.

I look forward to the match against someone that I know will be a tough opponent

Cheers

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
*Moo*
Valued member
Valued member
*Moo*

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jan - 18:08

Thanks for the comments Neil - I'm sure Paul will continue to go from strength to strength - armwrestling would just not be the same (well to me anyway) without the 'PIMP' !!!

Regards,

Moo Smile

PS. Sorry to talk about you in the third person sense kid, especially without your knowledge - Get that phone fixed!

Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jan - 18:17

KING EDWARD wrote:
Hi Paul,

As stated in the sms there are two issues with a match in ARM WARS Super Series ie. Eurosport Shows.

Firstly as you know we've been asked to avoid UK Vs UK (or any other European Country Vs Country matches where ever possible) only USA Vs USA and in the Super Heavyweights seems to be slightly more acceptable, partially as it has been explained that the Supers are more restricted in terms of the athlete match making and athlete numbers.

Secondly, I don't mean this disrespectfully BUT you have been effectively out since IRON CURTAIN therefore to walk back in and get a Title Shot immediately would almost certainly be Internationally percieved as slightly unfair to some of the other lads who wanna Kick my Ass (or at least try to either way) and who have been active Ryan Clark USA, John Milne Canada, Greg Schneider France, Jimmy Cebula Sweden etc. etc. with all due respect you would need to knock off a few names, as I have had to ie. Vodak, Salvatore, Clark, Johnson, Glowinski, Allen etc. first in order to justify the shot. I have no doubt that you may well be capable of doing that however I am sure that you and everyone else out there is aware that thats how it would need to be done. Getting an immediate title shot without ANY build up or alternative justification for the shot, would be frowned upon Internationally.

Anyway, my plan as previously discussed, had been to get you back in action at the next event with someone like Ryan Clark, Doug Allen or John Milne, then start you rolling from there and work your way up to a Title Shot with two or three wins under your belt.

Then IF I still held the title later in the year it would be for the title were we to meet in the ARM WARS Super Series, I obviously cannot guarantee that that will be the case as I myself would like to pull a few dangerous athletes in 2011 and may possibly get Whipped in the process !

Eitherway regardless of whether or not I had the title OR in fact whether it was in ARM WARS for the Eurosport Show doesn't change the degree of effort which I would put into the match, IN FACT I may be stronger (with a less stressed & clearer head, as the organization wouldn't be grinding me as severely) were we to meet in another event IRON ARM for example over six Rounds as per the proposal which you opted out of last year. We could just juggle the starting order and I'll pull you first. Whenever you feel like your ready, if thats now then lets do it soon as possible, if its later in the year and I'm fit to pull, then ya won't have to look to find me, I'll be waiting and as ready as I can be.

Cheers

Neil Wink

Big sisters hey you just gotta love um Very Happy

Neil i understand eurosport are clearly just interested in the USA heavyweights and rightly so they are the best and most entertaining in the world,what i wouldnt understand is if to british lads were to compete for the title and it was built up correctly on prior shows especially to a UK auidence then it could be a Bruno/Lewis Leeds/rangers battle of britain???

Whever or not i deserve the shot is rightly being questioned but i dont remember you having a title match with anybody for what must of been a vacant title? or was this decided by the SS people? and at this time before i dropped down i was at the height of my pulling and sure you would agree i was the man domestically to beat? i think there had been only a couple of arm wars ss in which i missed in the 08 year due to injury and competed in jan 09 taking a match over Tommy who in his own admittance was the biggest and strongest of his career i beat him 5-1 i weighed 103.7 on that day even tho i may have looked 110 in my super ripped condtion Shocked

As for me taking scalps like Milne and Scheinder before i could challenge you, Scheinder pulls 110s and didnt he beat you right hand 5-1 in london? and as for Milne.CLarke and Allen i wasnt aware from the results from previous shows you had beaten them also?

i will happily take my turn tho but this would have given me something real to train for,i will wait for us to lock up in battle and try to prove iam back and good enough for a shot at the belt

take care
Paul
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jan - 23:24

Hi Paul,

As I recall you were actually pulling in the AWSS Heavyweight division at your best mate, usually weighing between 105kg & 110kg as was Tommy he was around 108kg- 110kg, all documented in the Shows themselves obviously.

As for opponents named I was actually referring to lads which YOU could face in order to get re established who are at that weight and are all active in the Series however for what its worth I have actually pulled and beated Salvatore, Clark, Johnson and Glowinski, of the potentials named as well as drawn with Schnieder and Todd Lefty. I've also lost a Heavyweight match 5 - 1 Vs Michael Todd.

If ya like mate I'll pull the other lads as well first and then you can take your pick from them based on how they go Vs Me !!!

In answer to your other question, Yes, Gregory Schnieder pulled 110kg at Worlds this year but I was under the impression you were actually 110kg at the moment from your recent SMS ?

As for Gregory beating me 5 - 1, I don't know where that came from (must be one of my fans) but no mate, that never happened.

We drew 3 - 3 Left handed in Arm Wars "Powerplay" London, we didn't pull Righty (he is actually one of the Lads I've set my sights on pulling and hopefully I can make that happen soon) I actually don't care what he weighs, I just wanna pull him Right Handed and he would like that match too so its a good match, plus as the lads who were there will tell you, we were in a SERIOUS WAR in Worlds, Mesquite this year which I was actually winning when I elbow fouled.

I've tried my best to explain the complications with same Country match ups for the Eurosport Show relatively comprehensively. so hopefully that all makes sense, bottom line it can happen sure BUT we will always try to do International clashes where ever possible and an Athlete Challenging for a title NEEDS a very credible story or angle at that time, usually established via their appearances in the Show.

Just finally, if its the Light Heavyweight Title which is your motivation Paul, then to be Honest, I've absolutely no problem vacating that title and letting you pull for it against another International opponent as that isn't my personal motivation but you'd still need to re establish your credability first with the viewing audience by making a few appearances and notching a few wins.

I myself actually weigh around 105-106kg right now (I'm the Xmas Pig) I'd like to weigh considerably less in Summer 2011 and pull guys who are solid competative matches for me regardless of their weigh class, if they are Heavier then so be it.

Anyway, if ya wanna pull me in a Supermatch, I'm more than Happy to do it whenever you want to mate, sure it would be a tear up

Cheers

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Jan - 4:59

Hi
Neil,

I wouldnt want you to vacate any title because if i did win it i would still feel it belonged rightly to you,it is a goal of mine to beat you as this thread was about supermatches but as per somewhere things get twined and misread, and for my weight i was mainly better around 101 which in iron arm 07 i beat both you and alan 6-0 so i feel at that weight trained iam hard to beat.

Has for me iam around 110kg but this has been a purpose effort to gain size so when i do hit 100kg i am in great condtion and not the skinny armed pot belly i was at the British,but i also heard you weighed in other day at 109kg???

Anyway pal i look forward to pulling you soon win or lose its always a pleasure and a match i am hungry for Very Happy

take care
Paul
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Jan - 12:45

Sweet, Ready when you are Big Balls Twisted Evil

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jan - 19:49

SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 38431_1398332392740_1065172397_30974796_2683663_n

missed this match because of best friend died falling out of a fucking tree and just bad things but 2011 get back fit and then start looking for bigger names .
Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com
Chris waters
pro
pro
Chris waters

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jan - 20:27

now that is a matchup i wouldnt mind seein this one hard 1 to call
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jan - 21:15

I already had this match inked in for ARM WARS "ACID REIGN" at The Trafford Centre, I think its a GREAT match up.

It was originally set for "LEGACY" at Trafford Centre Last year BUT didn't come to fruition Rolling Eyes takes two pullers to make a match.

If ya want it Terry, you KNOW that Peter will show up for it as he did last year

Cheers

Neil Wink
Back to top Go down
terryackers
Admin
Admin
terryackers

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jan - 21:48

iv been out some time Sad my last match was the french guy at london , 100 percent no chance im calling out piotr szczerba at the min , 2011 fresh start

new year,s cup to get a feel for pulling again

Switzerland just because i enjoyed the comp last time , and it will keep me in gym training.

maybe may time ill have some sort of table fitness back and hoping to get a really constant year , win British 90kg class and maybe take out a few monsters in super matches, but my left arm as took off again , injury free and it feels strong to me , so we will see .
Back to top Go down
https://armwrestling.forummotion.com
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jan - 22:14

KING EDWARD wrote:
I already had this match inked in for ARM WARS "ACID REIGN" at The Trafford Centre, I think its a GREAT match up.

It was originally set for "LEGACY" at Trafford Centre Last year BUT didn't come to fruition Rolling Eyes takes two pullers to make a match.

If ya want it Terry, you KNOW that Peter will show up for it as he did last year

Cheers

Neil Wink

I'll have that match Neil..but ideally I'd like the chance of a re-match with David!
Back to top Go down
MIGHTY PAUL
pro
pro
MIGHTY PAUL

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jan - 22:31

Would you not like pascal humard again Steven? Mind you he will be at gladiators night.....

Arthur glowenski is in my list if he bobbles about 95s again and does take if his cage fighting career unfinished buisness from 06
Back to top Go down
Steve Kirlew
pro
pro
Steve Kirlew

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jan - 22:52

MIGHTY PAUL wrote:
Would you not like pascal humard again Steven? Mind you he will be at gladiators night.....

Arthur glowenski is in my list if he bobbles about 95s again and does take if his cage fighting career unfinished buisness from 06

Yes I would like that match but I know I was strong and I did my best in that match..unlike when I went against David..I just wasn't in the match, was injured and putnod training. So I know I could have beaten him if I was training.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011   SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SUPER MATCH,S YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE 2011
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2