U.K. Armwrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arm wrestling chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

stopping a top roll

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NickHall
Admin
Admin
NickHall

stopping a top roll Empty
PostSubject: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll EmptyMon 17 Nov - 18:43

whats your advice on how to stop a top roll move Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.rossendalearmwrestling.co.uk
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll EmptyTue 18 Nov - 9:49

I think one of the best people ive seen at doing this is Steve Rogers... Massive fingers strenth combined with an Iron wrist, and i havent seen anyone near his weight get out of his hand....
Back to top Go down
the machine
pro
pro
the machine

PostSubject: Re: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll EmptyTue 18 Nov - 11:13

agreed Wink and i saw sam ball take his wrist in armwars lol!
Back to top Go down
Dean
pro
pro
Dean

PostSubject: Re: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll EmptyThu 20 Nov - 19:02

Taking his wrist is one thing.... taking it to the pad is a whole different thing entirely !!!!! Taking nothing away from Sam...
Back to top Go down
jimmy savel
pro
pro

PostSubject: Re: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll EmptyTue 2 Dec - 16:04

Ste is one of the most compeitive pullers there is hes so stuborn and for me thats his strength,his hand is dominant but perhaps not as much as it was after his injury then it was awesome...but yet he still continues to almost win every event true champion......

For me stopping a toproll depends on levers they have,to were i postion my elbow on the pad as i like to use angles to cut down my oppents possible movments,i like to use a wrist curl movment instead of a chopping movment as i think chopping gives your oppent a advantage from the go,as your passing him your wrist and not making them pull thrw what you having been training hard...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll EmptyWed 4 Nov - 11:14

What other advice have you guys got? afro
Back to top Go down
KING EDWARD
World Champion
World Champion
KING EDWARD

PostSubject: Re: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll EmptyWed 4 Nov - 13:42

I cannot possibly write the level of detail I can articulate on this as I could write a small book on the subject.

Point number one to note, is that different styles will be effective for different Armwrestlers depending on their own genetic make up and the physical tools at their disposal ie. Variables to consider are 1.) Comparative Length of Forearm 2.) height of both athletes, 3.) Inherent speed and that of your opponent, 4.) size of hand, 5.) strength of rotators BOTH directions, 6.) whether you want to stop your opponents Top Roll with a counter Top Roll ie. in order to facilitate your own counter Top Roll or in order to Hook or Press once the match stops, etc. etc. etc. the list really would go on and on BUT before you start to waste time training what might work for Me or Steve or Paul, Andy Wise or whoever you need to take a long considered look at yourself in the Mirror and realize what weapons you have at your disposal as ultimately you need to build of solid fountations if you want the structure to be solid.

Hand & Wrist position and the position of your Elbow on the pad prior to the start of the match can unlock a miriad of opportunities against opponents of various physical specs. however is the key is to irst know what you really want to achieve, then and only then you can disect a technique comprehensively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll EmptyWed 4 Nov - 16:02

Hmm, thanks for the insight, that's plenty for someone at my level to think about. afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stopping a top roll   stopping a top roll Empty

Back to top Go down

stopping a top roll
Page 1 of 1